Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Yesterday

Cassandra


“Cassie! Can you get me that tape? I need to stick this banner onto the wall” Avela shouted, I threw her the tape and she began mounting the “Welcome Home” banner onto the wall.

Today the guys are coming home from their yearlong tour after releasing their second album, ‘Selfish Machines’ and we’re throwing them a surprise welcome home party. We invited everybody, Vic and Mike’s parents are going to be here tonight, and even Kristin is coming.

I had spent the whole day cooking, cleaning and putting up decorations with Avela, Vic’s girlfriend Rachel and Mike’s girlfriend Frenchi. We were all so excited for the boys to finally come home, they spent almost 5 months recording in LA and then a few months after the record started selling, they went straight to their worldwide tour.

“What time is their bus coming? I don’t wanna rush this chicken” Rachel pointed at the oven, I looked at the clock and it was already 2 PM, they boys were supposed to arrive at 4.

“You still got two hours left, make it work Rach” I winked and she went back to season her oven-grilled chicken.

I was putting up balloons on the walls when I saw a photograph of Tony and I at last New Year’s Eve party framed on the wall. It has been almost 2 years since I decided to pack up and move to San Diego, last New Year's Eve party was the second New Years I spent with the guys, the first one I spent worrying about Avela's rehab process and getting all the technicalities done but the second one was the best New Years I've had... In my entire life. In the picture I wore those tacky 2011 glittered sunglasses, Tony was on my right holding me close and I had champagne on my left hand. I was smiling happily; I could almost remember what happened that night.

”Come on Cass, 2011 is going to be so much better! Avela is back, our album just went into stores and I guarantee that you’ll get that Senior Editor promotion!” Tony shook my shoulders, trying to get me to loosen up.

“Fine! I know, I should stop being so pessimistic, but I just can’t help it you know” I shrugged. Then suddenly Tony disappeared and came back in a blink of an eye, this time he was holding two champagne glasses.

“Here, you need this. Now drink up, have fun and be crazy! It’s a party Ms. Uptight” He smiled and I sighed, I guess he was right.

“Okay! I’ll be fun tonight, I promise” I smiled at him and he side-hugged me.

“Good! Now, picture time!” He turned me around to face his friend Adam, the photographer. I held up my champagne on my left hand and Tony held me by my waist and we smiled widely.

“You look pretty tonight, you know that?”


I caught myself smiling to myself then I snapped back to reality, I still have a million things to do. I need to put the beers in the cooler and I need to grab more liqueurs from the basement storage.

I turned my attention to Avela who was standing on the table, still trying to mount the banner onto the wall. She had been released from rehab for more than a year now, I can say that she’s really doing great, though sometimes I can still see her staring blankly into space while her friends or the guys were busy drinking.

I’m so proud of Avela for sticking through with all of this; I couldn’t imagine what she went through that whole 3 months. We weren’t able to see her at all that whole time, I actually spent numerous nights crying myself to sleep just thinking what hell I’ve put Avela through by putting her there. But when I finally get to see her the day she was discharged, it was by far the happiest moment of my entire life.

I was shaking and honestly nervous waiting for Avela to show up through those wooden double door. The last time I saw her was three months ago when Tony, Jaime and I dropped her off for her to start her rehabilitation program. I was in tears and I hated that I had to let her go.

I felt a squeeze on my arm, I looked to my left and Tony was smiling down on me. “Everything is going to be fine, stop being so nervous” He reached my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

“I can’t wait to see her, I’ve missed her so much it’s… Crazy” I felt a tear trickle down my cheek.

Then I saw a woman, in her camel colored pantsuit with a tight bun on her head walked out from the double doors, with Avela trailing behind her.

I broke out into the biggest smile I’ve ever made and sprinted towards Avela. She was grinning from ear to ear and opened her arms to greet me.

“Oh Cassie, I’ve missed you so much!” She hugged me tightly

“Me too! Ugh, it’s been hell without you here Ave. I’m so glad you’re home” I wiped a teardrop on my cheek.

“Hey hey, no crying okay? Today is a happy day! Time to celebrate!” She grinned from ear to ear

“Disney marathon and ice creams?” I raised my eyebrows

“Hells yeah!”


I still smile whenever I remember that day, Avela looked so much healthier and happier. She gained her weight back and her hair was growing back because when she got hooked to drugs she started to lose her hair slowly.

I moved to the TV room area to put more balloons, banners and those colorful crepe papers across the room. I swear, by the time we’re done decorating the house, it definitely will look like a 5-year-old’s birthday party.

“Cassie, could you give me a hand?” I turned around, I saw Mrs. Perry over by the living room and I hurried over to her.

“I need to go to the kitchen, can you push me there?” She pointed at Rachel who was chopping carrots behind the kitchen island.

“Sure thing” I smiled. I went behind her chair and pushed her towards Rachel.

“Hey Mrs. P, do you need anything?” Rachel put down her knife and wiped her hands with a tablecloth.

“No, I just wanna see you cook,” She smiled at Rachel, “sucks being in this chair” She gave both of us a laugh, but we both know that it was killing her inside.

A vicious stroke had claimed the lower part of her body only 6 months ago. On most cases, her stroke would have taken her life but it was truly a miracle that she was able to gain control on her upper body and speech.

She is now smiling, laughing and eating normally again. On the outside it might looked like she was okay with what happened to her. But I can sometimes hear her crying at night.

”Tony? Where have you been? I’ve been calling and calling for the past hour!” I said through the phone, holding back my tears

“Hey Cassie! Oh we’re finally in Florida, you have got to come here seriously! The scenes are amazing–“

“Tony, it’s nice to hear from you and all, but please don’t freak out. Your mom is in the hospital” By then I was already bawling, I couldn’t hold it anymore.

“WHAT?! What do you mean my mom is in the hospital? What happened to her? Is she okay? Cassie fucking answer me!” Tony was screaming and yelling on the phone, I couldn’t speak I was shaking and choking on my on words.

“Cassie? Please calm down, I’m sorry for yelling but please tell me what happened to my mom? Is she okay?” Tony calmed down

“I don’t know, I came by your place to drop off your clothes from the cleaners and I thought I’d say hi to your mom while I’m there. I knocked on her door and found her lying on the floor”

“Oh God” I heard Tony started to cry, he didn’t say anything for the next 2 minutes and all I could hear was his heavy breathing.

“Where are you now? I’m coming home, I’ll get the next plane available” He sniffed

“I’m at Sharp Memorial Hospital, she’s in the ER now. Tony, I’m scared” I broke down crying again, I know I’m not helping Tony at all by crying but I’m terrified of what’s going to happen to Mrs. Perry. I feel like this was my mom all over again.

“Stay there, I’ll call you soon”

Click.


“Hey Cass! Hurry up with the decorations! Casey just phoned and they’re coming in 15 minutes!” I snapped back out of my thoughts when I heard Rachel yelled, she was cleaning up the kitchen frantically while Frenchi was running around making sure the place is perfect.

I pushed Mrs. Perry out of the kitchen and into the living room, she was smiling and she was playing with her hands. I guess she was just as nervous as I am about the guys coming back. Especially seeing Tony.

“Girls! They’re here!”

Here we go!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I decided to do something really crazy and went with this... I hope it's as good as i thought it would be. Please be a doll and give me feedbacks! I really need it for this chapter, honest criticism is encouraged! :D Be nice though... I'm experimenting.

And... It's been 6 days since I saw PTV, having the worst Post Concert Depression ever. Seriously, you guys got any cure? HALP.

Also! Thank you SO SO SO much for those who commented on the last chapter, it really makes me happy :3

Steffi3991 - I hope this is soon enough for you! :P
NikiFM - Thank you so much! And I really hope they will go to Warped this year, seeing PTV was literally one of the best moments of my life! :D (so not exaggerating!)
DecapitateMedusa - Yes we can get married! Thank you for your awesome comment, Wifey ;-)
angelful - Seriously your comment made me really happy, thank you so much! It really means a lot to me to hear such praise <3
Emmelz Liebe - Thank you so much for the "I Love You Balloons"! It really means a lot coming from you, now I'm even more excited to write!