Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

Can you feel the temperature rising, can you feel the drink in your cup

“So there’s a party after the show tonight,” Blue says as soon as I walk in from work.

I flop down on the couch next to her, “Where at?” We were going to see Light You Up and Her Bright Skies tonight with a bunch of other bands. Oli and Amanda were going as well as a few other Bring Me The Horizon members. I had a lot going on this week as far as concerts go. This one tonight, then road tripping with Zayn and Eleanor to see Little Mix in two days.

“Oli’s throwing it. All the bands are going,” she said as she scrolled through her website, changing a few things here and there.

I nodded, “Yeah a party sounds fun.”

“When are you going to Niall’s?”

I checked my phone for the time, “After I shower. I’ll be back like, an hour before we leave.”

“Cool beans,” she said going back to her work.

I patted her thigh before I jumped up and headed for the shower.

*****

We were seated in a back booth at Nandos, away from pretty much everyone. I could see across the restaurant that there were people outside, waiting for us to come back out. It made me a bit anxious to be out with him, but I tried to just ignore it.

“So are you coming over after the show?” He asked through a mouthful of food.

I shrugged, “Probably not, there’s a party after so I probably won’t get home until really late.” He looked disappointed but nodded anyway. “You can come if you want,” I offered.

He shook his head, “I can’t. I don’t know who will be there you know? I don’t want to cause a riot.”

I smirked, “Bit full of yourself, yeah?”

“Oh, always!” He laughed. “I just wanted to see you later.”

“Well I can maybe cut out early,” I reached over to grab his hand, “You know, just for you.”

He flipped his hand over and linked out fingers together, “You don’t have to. Have fun tonight, just be careful yeah?”

“It’s so cute that you’re worried about me,” I giggled.

“Shut up,” he pouted.

We finished our meal not to long after that. I was anxious again when I looked towards the entrance of the building. There wasn’t a huge crowd, just a handful of photographers and fans. Most of the photographers were across the street waiting, aside from 5 who were standing with a group of about 15 fans.

“You ready to go?”

“Uh,” I stammered, “Yeah.”

Niall grabbed my hand pulling me close to him, “Don’t worry, we’ll hurry through to the car.”

I took a deep breath as we made it to the door. When he pushed it opened people started calling both of our names. Niall nodded politely but just walked through the little crowd. His fans were calling after him, but he squeezed my hand and pulled further down the street saying apologies to the girls as we passed.

I glanced over my shoulder at his fans and planted my feet, “Niall, stop.”

He looked back at me confused, “What?”

I gestured to his fans, “You can stop for them, I don’t mind.”

“You sure?” he asked as he glanced between me and them.

I glared at him, “Yes. Don’t ignore them for my benefit,” I whispered so they couldn’t hear.

He smiled softly and kissed the crown of my head, “Thanks.”

I smiled as I watched him walk up to the crowd of girls. They started squealing in excitement. I leaned against the building and let him do his thing. He signed and took pictures with everyone who asked. He was in his element and it was amazing to see how happy he was to do this for his fans.
The paparazzi were there the whole time to capture the moment. Shouting questions at my boyfriend and even me, but I ignored them completely. They were a bit annoying, trying to be cheeky and witty, but really I just wanted to smack them, but I kept my focus on Niall.

“Ayden!” one of the photographers shouted at me, “Is it true you’re only with Niall to further your modeling career?”

I sent him a confused glare. I wanted to shout so many things back at him, but I held my tongue.

“Oi, mate!” Niall snapped, “Leave her alone!” He glanced at me to make sure I was alright, and after a reassuring nod from me, he went back to the fans.

The photographers kept trying to ask me questions, but politely now after Niall snapped at them. I continued ignoring them.

Three girls popped up in front of me, acting as a barrier between me and the paparazzi, “You don’t deserve that from them,” A blonde girl about 14 years old told me.

The girl next to her nodded, “Yeah, they’re being wankers, ignore them!” She smiled. She looked the same age as the other two she was with, but her hair was a darker shade of blonde compared to the other girl.

“Thanks for making Niall stop!” The last girl said. She had dark hair thrown up in a bun.

I smiled tentatively, “No problem.”

“We’ve seen your modeling pictures!” the light blonde squeaked excitedly, “You’re so beautiful!”

“Thanks, but I’m not a model,” I smiled. “Just helping out a friend.”

“Blue, right? She’s an amazing photographer!” The bunhead said.

I laughed lightly, “I’ll let her know you think so.”

“Well we just wanted to say thanks for making him come back,” the one in the middle said, “You didn’t have too, but thanks.”

“No problem,” I nodded. “I know what it’s like to meet a member of your favorite band, so I get it.”

“Oh my god, we’re so going to tell all of tumblr how awesome you are!” the blonde said, “Seriously, Niall and you are so cute.”

I just smiled and Niall came over, pulling me into him, “It was nice meeting you girls, but we’ve got to go now. I’m sorry,” he smiled politely.

“No problem!” the bunhead said, “She’s amazing Nialler, keep her!”

He laughed, “That’s the goal. See ya later ladies.”

He rushed us off to his truck then, “Sorry about that,” he said when he started to drive.

I shrugged, “It’s fine. It’s part of your job, I don’t mind. The paparazzi I could have done without thought.”

His hands tightened on the steering wheel, “What they said was way uncalled for.”

I shrugged again, “Whatever. I don’t care. Don’t worry about it okay?” I reached over and pried one of his hands off the wheel and laced it with mine. “You’re fans were nice though.”

He smiled, keeping his eyes on the road, “They were grateful you made me stop.”

“Well you should have,” I chastised jokingly.

“I just wanted to get you out of there, you seemed uncomfortable.”

“I was but I still don’t mind you stopping for them. Don’t ignore them for me. It’ll make them hate me more.”

He glanced at me, “Not all of them hate you.”

“Yeah, but enough of them do. I have tumblr you know.”

He brought our laced hands up and kissed across my knuckles, “I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing,” I sighed dramatically, “I knew what I was getting into.”

“You’re amazing.”

*****

The show was amazing. Her Bright Skies were more amazing live then I ever thought they would be. Light You Up were fantastic as always. We had seen them countless times at small venues around town, and now they were finally starting to get some attention, the crowds were getting bigger.

The party at Oli and Amanda’s pretty much started as soon as everyone arrived after the show. There were so many random band members around, it was mental. All the bands that played tonight were there, as well as some others like Architects, Decade, and You Me At Six of course.

“Did you see Asking Alexandria’s here?” Blue asked as she handed me a cup of beer.

“Really? They’re actually in the UK for once?” Even though that band was from here, they’ve pretty much been in America since they began. They’ve only done one UK tour so far. Many people were bitter about it. They were nice enough guys though. Bit like BMTH; their straight until you’re a dick, then things can get a bit mental.

Blue shrugged, “Apparently. I saw James, Ben and Danny around when I was getting drinks. Max and all them are out on the back deck,” she gestured before starting to walk in that direction. I followed.

“Blue! Ayden!” Matt and Dan cheered as we walked out onto the deck. We were pulled into a bunch of hugs then.

“Where have you been Ayd?” Chris asked as he pulled me into a hug.

“She’s been busy modeling for my label,” Oli asked. All my friends were on the deck; Amanda, Oli, Matt Nicholls, all of YM@6. We all fell into conversation, and drinking. I wasn’t planning on getting proper pissed tonight, but buzzed I was okay with.

“So when are you going to model for my brand?” Josh asked hip checking me.

I smiled up at him, “What Down But Not Out get’s better clothes.”

“Oooooh, cheeky are we?”

“As always,” I laughed.

He laughed, pulling me into a side hug, “Where’s your boy tonight?”

‘I hope he is a gentleman!’” I sang jokingly.

“I knew you were going to say that!” He laughed.

I smiled cheekily, “He didn’t want to come and cause a riot or something.”

“Must suck to be that famous, yeah?”

I nodded, “Yeah. It’s weird to be in public with him and have people snapping pictures all the time and calling our names. Like I’m kind of used to people calling my name from being around you lot, but these people are just… different.”

Some people moved and we snagged two of the empty deck chairs. We were quiet for a bit, just people watching and drinking our beer. “He hates me,” Josh said breaking the silence.

I looked over at him confused, “Who?”

“Niall,” he smiled at me.

“No he doesn’t,” I tried to argue.

Josh scoffed, “Oh come off it, he totally does. It’s obvious.”

Okay, so it was completely obvious. Ever since the concert I took Niall too, every time he saw Josh or he was brought up in conversation he got agitated. It sucked because I just wanted my friends to get along, and there was nothing between Josh and I anymore. I just wish I could get that through Niall’s head.

I sighed, “Alright, so he might not be your biggest fan.”

Josh barked out a laugh, “That’s one way of putting it.”

“He’ll get over it. I understand why he’s awkward around you. Ex’s are always a touchy subject.”

“No, I get it,” he nodded, “It’s just a bit annoying, yeah?”

I nodded, “I’ll talk to him.”

“He’s not going to like our new album,” he joked. “There are a few more songs somewhat written about us.”

I smiled over at him, “He’ll have to get over it. I can’t change my past so he can’t hold it against me.”

We were quiet again, except for a few words here and there to our friends around us. I finished my 4th cup of beer and debated on getting another. I was feeling a bit of a buzz in my head, but I knew when I stood up I’d feel it more.

“Can I ask you something,” he asked when most of our friends had gone back in the house for one reason or the other. It was just us and a few random party goers.

I shrugged, “Sure.”

He looked down like he was trying to decide what to do. He met my eyes after a moment, “Do you love him?”

Well that was certainly the last thing I expected him to ask. I looked away and shrugged, “I don’t know.”

I heard him chuckle, which caused me to look back at him, “It’s not a hard question Ayd, you either do or you don’t.”

I shrugged again, “I’m not sure how I feel about him. I feel like I could,” I paused thinking about it all. “I know I really like him. A lot.”

Josh stared at me for a long moment before nodded curtly, “Right,” he smiled. “I’m gonna get another beer, want one?”

“Sure. Thanks.”

When he left, I stood up and walked across the deck. I leaned against the railing and looked out over the big pool. There were a few people swimming and being idiots. I pulled my phone out to check for texts and saw I had a missed call from Niall from about 20 minutes ago. I put the phone to my ear to call him back.

“Hey,” he said when he answered.

“Hi. You called?”

“Just wanted to see if you were still out,” He said. He sounded tired. It was almost 2 in the morning.

I big my lip as I smiled. A warm feeling spread though me, “Checking up on me Nialler?” I laughed. “I’m still at the party. I’ll probably look for a sober ride home soon though. I’m a bit buzzed.”

“I’ll pick you up,” he said immediately.

I smiled, “You don’t have to do that.”

“But I want too,” he insisted.

I paused for a moment, “Alright. If you insist.” I gave him the address.

“I’ll be there in like a half hour, yeah? I’ll call you when I get there.”

“Okay. See you in a bit.”

I hung up and saw Blue and Max coming back out on the deck, “Ayden!” the both cheered at the same time.

I laughed, “Someone’s been drinking.”

Blue threw her arms around me in a hug. She was almost dead weight, “I love you so much Ayd. Best friend ever.”

“I love you too you muppet,” I laughed.

Max patted both of our heads, “You two are so cute.”

Everyone started coming back out then, “It’s so hot and humid in the house!” Amanda yelled as she walked out. Josh followed behind the group of our friends, handing me a full cup of beer.

“Cheers,” I said when I took it. “This is my last one, Niall’s coming to get me.”

“Aw, he’s such a sweet boy!” Amanda said, laughing drunkenly.

Oli wrapped and arm around her waist, “She’s always the first to get pissed at parties.”

“You’re not drinking?”

He shrugged, “I am a bit, but I don’t want anyone to destroy my house that bad. I just bought it like 6 months ago,” he laughed.

Matt and Chris came out of the house carrying acoustic guitars, “We’re taking requests!” Matt cheered.

We all sat around as they started playing ‘With A Little Help From My Friends’ by The Beatles. I sat in Josh’s lap without even asking since there were no more seats.

Everyone was singing along and having a good time. They played a bunch of old classic songs everyone knew the words too. They even played an acoustic version of ‘Wannabe’ by the Spice Girls.

I was singing along as they played ‘Dammit’ by Blink 182 when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I looked over and a smile broke out on my face, “Niall!” I jumped up and threw my arms around his neck, but he didn’t really return it. Only one hand made contact with my waist and he was rigid. I pulled back and noticed irritation on his face. His jaw was set in annoyance.

He glanced over my shoulder to glare at Josh before he turned back to me, “I called you like 5 times.”

“Sorry, I didn’t hear it. It’s a bit loud out here.”

“Right,” he bit out. “Ready to go?”

“Uh, yeah,” I was annoyed he was angry. He had no reason to be. “Let me say bye to everyone.”

I turned to announce I was leaving. I made my rounds to hug everyone, and when Josh stood to hug me I heard Niall scoff.

“Oi, chill out mate,” Josh snapped at him.

“Stop,” I warned. I turned to Niall who was glaring daggers at Josh. I placed a hand against his chest, “Hey, relax. Let’s go.” I started to push him back to get him to move, but of course Josh had to follow.

“Hey, Niall. I’m not trying to steal your girl, yeah? So stop being a twat. So I was with your girlfriend before you were, get other it. Things would be a lot easier if you just let it go.”

Niall turned to fire back at Josh but I shoved him back around, “No, Niall let’s go.” I glared over my shoulder at Josh, “Not helping,” I snapped before I practically dragged my boyfriend out of the house.

The car ride was silent and awkward. I was annoyed, but I knew being a bitch wouldn’t get me anywhere. About half way home I tried to fix it, “Niall-”

“Not now,” he snapped.

I huffed and went back to staring out the window. When he pulled up to my flat we sat there in silence. “I’m not leaving this truck until we talk.”

“What do you want me to say? You know I’m not comfortable with you hanging out with Josh.”
“But why? There’s nothing going on. Nothing!”

He ran a hand over his face in frustration, “I know, but I can’t help the way I feel. I hate that he got you before me, and it’s weird that you’re still really good friends.”

“I understand, I really do. But if you just gave him a chance, you’d see that he’s a nice lad. He’s not trying to undermine you or anything. He’s not like that.”

He sighed and slouched in his seat, avoiding my eyes. “I’m sorry,” he said after a while. “I… I can try and not let it bother me. It’ll take a while though.”

I smiled softly, “That’s fine. Just know you have nothing to worry about. Trust me.

He looked at me then, “I do.”

I bit my lip as I blushed. He looked into my eyes so intensely, “Will you stay over?”

He sighed dramatically, “I can’t say no to that face.” I beamed as we exited the truck.

When we got up to my flat, I changed into sleep shorts and a tank top while Niall stripped down to just his boxers. We crawled into my bed and he pulled me into him.

“Are you okay now?” I said softly.

“Yeah,” he kissed my forehead, “Are you? Not still annoyed with me, yeah?”

“Not at the moment,” I giggled.

In response he just leaned in to kiss me. We laid there kissing for a little bit before we finally parted.

“Goodnight,” he whispered.

I snuggled into his chest, “Goodnight.” I fell asleep feeling so safe in Niall’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
145 subscribers! you guys are amazing!
have so many plans for this story!
keep the comments and feedback coming! i love it!

idk when i'll be able to update next. my work schedule is all up in the air right now.
womp womp