Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

My hearts a stereo, it beats for you so listen close

I woke up to the sound of soft guitar playing. I was lying on my stomach in nothing but Niall’s shirt from last night, under the blankets. I kept my eyes closed to listen to Niall play random melodies. It was a great way to wake up to be honest.

When I finally opened my eyes I spotted my Irish boyfriend sitting across the bed. He was sitting with his legs crossed, shirtless in a pair of sweats, plucking at the guitar strings. He was facing me, but he was two far across the bed to reach.

I shifted a bit and his eyes met mine, “Did I wake you?”

I shrugged, “Yes, but I don’t mind. This is probably one of the greatest ways to wake up,” I smiled.

The smile he gave me was huge, and I swear I saw a blush cross his features. He set his guitar aside on the ground before he crawled over and laid next to me. He tugged at the blankets and shifted under them and pulled me into him. He buried his face in my neck, kissing it softly, “So you’re okay with all that happened last night, yeah?”

I blushed and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself against him even more. After we had sex the first time, we ended up doing it again not too long after. “I’m very okay with it,” I whispered.

He reached up and tried to kiss me but I averted my lips from his, “Hey,” he whined.

“Morning breath!” I whined back as I hid my face in his bare chest.

“I don’t care,” he laughed. He kissed across my cheek and neck, “I want my girlfriend to kiss me!”

My heart fluttered when he said that. I placed my lips on his chest, “There, I kissed you.”

“You’re such a twat sometimes,” he chuckled.

“We have so much in common!”

He groaned out a laugh into my neck, rolling so he was laying half on top of me, “I don’t care about morning breath. You can use my tooth brush if you want.”

“Ew!” I giggled.

He pulled back and gave me a weird look, “We kiss all the time, it’s like the same thing.”

“Is not!” I tried to argue, but Niall took this the moment to catch me off guard and attacked my lips with his. Against my protests his tongue pushed between my lips to caress mine. He tasted like toothpaste.

“You taste fine love,” he said against my lips.

“I hate you,” I mumbled.

He placed a chaste kiss on my lips, “No you don’t.”

I sat up and glanced over his shoulder at the time. It was almost noon, “I have to be at the bakery in 3 hours,” I pouted.

He smirked, “Then we have some time,” he ran his hand across my bare bum.

I pushed against his chest playfully. “I’ve got to shower and get a change of clothes.”

“Shower here. With me!” He said with a cheeky grin, “Then you can go home and change.”

I kissed his neck. He was making such a convincing argument, “A shower with you would take entirely too long.”

“Exactly,” he laughed. “We can take a two hour shower, than you can go home and get into some clean clothes before you go to the bakery.”

I sighed, “Okay.”

“You make it sound like it’s the worst idea you’ve ever heard,” he laughed.

I kissed his cheek, “Let’s get to that shower.”

“Yes!” he cheered, jumping up and pulling me with him. He pulled us into the bathroom, turning the shower on.

“What time do you get off?” He asked pulling me into him by my hips.

“6. I’m only working 3 hours to help close.”

He kissed the side of my mouth, “Do you want to go to rehearsals with me?”

“I can do that?”

He huffed a laugh, “Of course. The guys like you, and you can see my epic dance moves!”

“Your Irish jig?” I giggled causing him to give me a stern look. I bit my lip, “Sure.”

“I’ll pick you up from work.”

I shook my head, “I have to drop my car off at my flat.”

He shrugged, “Then I’ll follow you home and we can go from your place.”

“Okay,” I smiled.

He reached down then and pulled off his shirt I was wearing, and I was naked again.

*****

I worked my shift with Blue and Aunt Jenny. Just how I liked it.

“I’m telling you Jenny, you’re niece is a natural in front of a camera!” Blue gushed as we were cleaning up the place after closing.

“I know she is. You’ve seen her baby pictures, she was a cheeky little poser even then!”

I groaned at both of them, “Shut it. And she forgot to mention I had to pose topless!”

“Hey, they were classy topless!” Blue exclaimed.

My aunt laughed, “As long as you didn’t show any actual boob, I’m fine with it. You’re 20, darling.”

“I’m telling you Ayd, you need to do more! Let me do a shoot with just us!”

I shrugged at my best friend, “I’ll think about it yeah?”

“Oh look,” Aunt Jenny said as I heard a knock on the glass door behind me, “Adorable Niall’s here.”

I turned and he smiled at me through the glass. I smiled back as I walked over and unlocked the door to let him in, “Hey, you’re early.”

He pressed a kiss to my lips softly, “Only by like 10 minutes,” his hand made contact with my waist, pulling me against him as he turned to the others in the room, “Hello Blue, Miss Hart.”

My aunt scoffed, “How many times have I told you to call me Jen or Jenny, Niall? Honestly.”

He smiled sheepishly, “Sorry Miss,” he cleared his throat awkwardly, “Jenny.”

Blue was looking between Niall and I with a huge smirk on her face. “Hey Niall, want some left overs?”

“Do I ever say no?” He laughed.

“Great,” she chirped, “Jenny can help you while I steal your bird for a second.”

I rolled my eyes at her, “I’ll be back,” I said squeezing his hand.

Aunt Jenny pulled out a takeaway box as she and Niall started pulling the leftovers from the glass case. Blue all but dragged me into the back kitchen.

“Alright, spill,” she demanded.

“What?”

She scoffed at me, “You two totally slept together last night!” she whisper-yelled.

“How did you know?” I squeaked.

She smirked, “Because you’ve been all bubbly since you came in. Then when Niall showed up he looked at you with the look!”

“That look?” I asked confused.

She nodded, “Yes, the ‘I just saw you naked and I was inside of you,’ look.”

I barked out a laugh at that, “That’s a look?”

“Yes!”

“Okay, so maybe you’re right,” I laughed when she muttered ‘of course I am,’ as I continued, “And I was going to tell you, just not here!”

“Well if you come home tonight I want full details!”

I pulled my apron off, “I’ll be home tonight. I don’t know what time though.”

“Just text me. I’ll be waiting,” she laughed.

We walked back out front to see my aunt piling 3 pastry boxes on the counter, “I packed him enough for him and all the boys,” she said happily.

“They’ll love this, thank you,” Niall said kissing my aunts cheek. He turned to me, “Ready to go babe?”

I nodded, “Yep.” I kissed Blue and my aunt’s cheeks, and Niall did the same.

“Bring her home tonight Niall,” Blue called after us, “Ayden and I need girl time.”

He laughed, “Of course Blue, no problem.”

Niall walked me to my car, which was 2 spots down from his, “I think your aunt likes me.”

“She loves you,” I laughed.

“What’s not to love?” he said with a cheeky grin before he placed a kiss on my lips, “I’ll see you in a minute at your flat.”

*****

When we walked into rehearsals, the boys were right excited we brought baked goods.

“Ayden you’re amazing!” Louis said as he shoved half a cupcake in his mouth.

“Oi, I brought them in!” Niall whined.

After a bit of snacking and catching up, I was ushered to a couch while the boys did a run through of what they were going to do for the VMA’s in a few weeks. I was so excited for them that they were not only performing, but also up for a moon man! That’s a pretty massive deal. I was a bit down that Niall would be gone for a week. He’d pretty much be gone for a good month after he came back, since One Direction was set to perform on all the X-Factors, then heading back to America for a few weeks of promo and their big Madison Square Garden concert.

After an hour or so, they took a break. Niall headed off to the toilet while the others got water or went to get more of whatever was left of the pastries we brought.

Harry fell into the couch next to me, “You alright Ayd?”

I shrugged, “Good thanks. You?”

Hs shrugged but it looked forced. He looked tense. And tired now that I really looked at him, “You’re uh,” he glanced at me then, “You and Dakota talk yeah?”

I nodded slowly. I had a feeling I knew what he was asking about, but I was waiting for him to say it. I didn’t want to fall into something I didn’t belong in, “Yeah we talk. She’s lovely.”

“She is,” he agreed. He looked sincere, “Has she… has she said if anything’s wrong with her?” He looked concerned.

“Well… she mentioned you’ve been having a bit of a row as of late,” I shrugged, “She didn’t say much though.”

He looked around to see if the guys were still occupied. I guess he didn’t want to alarm anyone. Niall had come back from the loo and was laughing at something with Louis. “It’s like… I think she’s mad at me, but I don’t know what I did, yeah?” He looked pained, and all I wanted to do was hug him to make him feel better. Harry just had that look to him where you never wanted to see him frown. Well I guess all the lads did. They were such a cheeky bunch (especially Louis), that you just wanted to hurt whoever had hurt them.

I wanted to help, but at the same time it wasn’t my place to get involved. I had only known these people, officially, for a few months. “Well, I think you should talk to her. I don’t really know what’s going on with you two, she didn’t say much. But even if she did, it’s not my place to get in the middle you know? I just think you guys should talk,” I smiled softly at him. He was staring at me like I was holding the meaning of life, “Talk to her and just try not to fight.”

He nodded, “Yeah I guess I should-”

“What’s going on?” Louis said throwing himself on the couch between us, interrupting our conversation.

Harry plastered on a smile, “Just having a laugh with Ayden. Since Niall likes to hide her away from us,” he teased as my boyfriend came over with the other two One Direction members.

“Hey, do not.”

Louis threw his arm over my shoulder, “You do mate, and it’s not fair. I mean, she’s only with you to hang out with us anyways.”

“Funny,” Niall glared.

“You coming back to Harry’s with us?” Zayn asked me, “We’re gonna have a drink and unwind.”

I smiled, “I’d love too, but I’ve got plans with my best friend.”

“Last I checked, we didn’t have plans love,” Louis said with a serious face.

I laughed, “Oh, didn’t I tell you? I found a replacement best friend. You just weren’t cutting it.”

“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that,” he pouted.

“Get over yourself Lou,” Liam laughed.

*****

Niall’s POV

After rehearsals I dropped Ayden off at her flat, “You sure you don’t want to come to Harry’s with me?”

She leaned her head against the seat and smiled at me. Her smile had a way of making my heart beat go into overdrive, “I’d love too, but I promised Blue we’d have a night.”

“Are you going to talk about me?” I smirked.

She rolled her eyes, “Probably.”

I laughed, “Well give her my love yeah?”

“Of course,” She said before she leaned over to kiss me goodbye. She meant for it to be quick, but I grabbed her neck gently to keep her in place for a moment longer. I slipped my tongue in for a moment before I let her pull apart. “Goodnight Nialler.”

I placed one last kiss on her lips, “Goodnight.”

“Don’t get too pissed tonight, yeah?” she said as she slipped out of my car.

“Can’t promise anything,” I smirked at her.

I could still smell Ayden in my car as I drove to Harry’s. I don’t know what perfume she wore, but I loved it. The pillow she slept on last night had still smelled like her after she left and I loved it.

The lads were already drinking when I got in, “Thanks for waiting twats!” I said as I grabbed a beer out of the fridge.

“Hey, you never told us to wait for you!” Louis sang.

I sat in the empty lazy boy, as the rest of the lads were on the couches. “So what took you so long?” Louis went on, “you took ages to drop your bird off.”

“No I didn’t,” I scoffed.

“So what’s up with you two?” Zayn asked, “Getting on well I gather.”

“We are,” I nodded, “She’s brilliant isn’t she?”

Liam smirked at me, “You’re in deep mate.”

“I am,” I stated. I wasn’t even going to deny it.

“Aww,” Louis cooed, “Our little Nialler’s in love.”

“Shove off, ya gettin ahead of yourself mate.”

Harry laughed, “If you say so.”

I averted my gaze and started picking at the label on my beer bottle, “I want to ask her to be my date to the VMA’s,” I mumbled.

“See! You love her!” Louis laughed. I crumbled up part of the beer label and threw it at his face.

“That’s serious Niall,” Harry smiled.

I shrugged, “I want her to be at Madison Square Garden too. Meet my family.”

“You’ve got it so bad man,” Zayn said.

I sighed, leaning back in the chair, “I might,” I finally admitted.

“Good for you mate,” Liam encouraged. “She’s lovely, really.”

“Should ask her soon though,” Louis interjected, “Make sure she can get it off work. VMA’s are in a month.”

I completely forgot she had to give advanced notice to get days off work. Even though I knew her aunt would let her go either way, Ayden liked following the rules. “Maybe I’ll ask her this weekend.”

“Better be before we leave,” Zayn said, “She’s coming with me to see Perrie remember?”

I didn’t remember. I forgot she was going to Birmingham to see Little Mix. She asked for two days off to go with Zayn two weeks in advanced. “Right,” I nodded, “I’ll ask her soon though. I’m nervous about it.”

“Don’t be,” Liam said, “If she can get the time off, I know she’d come. She’s just as mad about you as you of are her.”

“She is?”

He smiled at me, “Oh yeah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
been thinking about having a bit of Niall's perspective for a while. Hope you liked it.
Will hopefully have another update for you by Wednesday or so. I work until 6 tomorrow but then we have this mandatory meeting -_- so we'll see if i'm up to write when i get home. fingers crossed! but i'm off wednesday i think, so i'll totally write then!