Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

We don't know where to go, so I'll just get lost with you

It felt like only moments after Niall and I had fallen asleep, someone was banging on his door.

“Why?” I whined as I sat up slowly.

Niall drowsily crawled out of bed, slipping on a random pair of shorts he found on the floor before walking off to answer whoever was pounding. I stretched and glanced over at the alarm clock. 9am. Fuck. Niall and I didn’t even get home until 4am.

“Where is she?” I heard someone demand.

And that someone was a very enraged sounding Harry.

“She aint here mate,” I heard Niall call out. I could hear footsteps coming down the hall. I threw the comforter off me and walked to the bedroom door.

I saw Harry come out of the guest bedroom where I guessed he was searching for Kota. When he saw me, he gave me a hard stare, “Why didn’t you call me? Why didn’t you tell me Dakota needed to be carried out of a club last night?”

“How did you-”

“I woke up to a text from one of my friends who was there last night,” he barked at me. “Now where is she.”

I shrugged, “She’s fine Haz, she’s safe and-”

“Stop!” He yelled, startling me. He had taken a few steps closer to me in the hallway. “I’m so sick of all of you trying to shield me away from it all. I’m fucking 19 years old, I can handle it!” He scoffed, “Were you all just not going to tell me and hope I never found out?

I backed up a bit and hit the end of the hall wall. “Harry, calm down, she’s-”

“I am fucking calm!”

I’d never seen Harry get mad, and let me tell you, it isn’t fun. He was almost terrifying. Niall came into the hall and put himself in front of me as if he needed to protect me. He reached back and grabbed one of my hands. I hadn’t realized it was shaking subtly until it was in his grasp.

“Mate calm down. You’re freaking her out.”

Harry’s eyes softened when Niall said that. He let out a heavy sight as stepped back, “Sorry. I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I woke up to that text and saw nothing but rage. Someone should have called me. I need to see her, know she’s alright.”

Niall held his hands up like he was surrendering, “Harry-”

“If the situation was reversed, you’d want to see Ayden,” he stated.

Niall’s hands dropped and his shoulder slumped, “She’s at Zayn’s.”

As soon as the words left Niall’s lips Harry spun around and raced out of the flat. When the door was closed the muscles in Niall’s back visibly relaxed and so did I. It wasn’t that I was scared of Harry, it was just that I didn’t like being screamed at too much, especially so early in the morning. All the Harry and Dakota drama was really starting to get to me and stress me out.

Niall turned and grabbed my waist pulling me into him, “You okay?”

I shrugged and backed out of his grasp and headed back into his room, “Fine. I should go anyway.”

“That doesn’t make me believe that you’re ‘fine,’” he said following after me.

I started pulling off his shirt and sweats that I had slept in, to change into my own, “I’m fine, I just,” I sighed, “I just need to go home. This whole situation has just stressed me out and I have to work in 4 hours, I just want to sleep.”

“Then stay. Sleep with me, in my bed. I’m sure no one else will come banging down my door.”

I was halfway dressed, in just my bra and jeans when I felt his grasp on my hip. He didn’t get it. I just needed a little space. I turned to him, “Niall, it’s not you okay? I just need a few hours to just clear my head and sleep. We can hang out tonight if you want, but I’m gonna go home for now, yeah?”

He didn’t look comfortable with my answer but he didn’t protest. After I was dressed he walked me down to my car. “Text me when you get to your flat. I love you,” he said placing his lips on mine.
“I love you too.”

*****

“Wow, it’s like you’re living in an episode of EastEnders!” Blue said after I told her and Aunt Jenny about my night. We were in the back of the bakery making cupcakes while Jess and one of the other guys were working the front.

“I’m mentally exhausted. I love these people, but wow.”

My aunt sent me a sympathetic look, “It’ll get better sweetie. Sounds like Dakota’s just going through something. And Harry is reacting like anyone who’s in love would.”

“And I get that, but I don’t know, I think him exploding on me was too much as such a lack of sleep.”

Blue hip checked me, “Hang in there love.”

I sent her a smile before turning back to my aunt, “So how was your date.”

At the subject change her face exploded with excitement.

*****

I had successfully avoided any and all drama for the rest of the day. After work Blue and I went shopping then had an early dinner with Josh and Max. Niall and I exchanged a few texts here and there throughout the day, but I think he understood that I just needed some ‘me time.’

I ended my day where I used too; at my lookout spot. I parked my car near the edged and lay on the hood of my car against my windshield, enjoying the nice weather. I had my car windows all rolled down so I could hear Every Avenue that played softly through my speakers. Being out here was so relaxing, I was sad I hadn’t been here in a while. I went from spending almost every night out here to almost forgetting about it entirely. I guess that’s what happens when you get a boyfriend and a life.

I don’t know when it happened. It was like one day I was working at the bakery and spending all my free time with Blue, the lads of You Me At Six, with my aunt, and driving around when I couldn’t sleep. But now? Now I spent as much time as possible with Niall, I was modeling. Modeling! And I was sleeping at normal hours. I hadn’t fallen asleep at a normal hour since my dad was alive.

I was broken out of my thoughts by a car. I heard it before I saw it. I figured it was just someone driving past, as it happens from time to time. But this car; an Escalade, turned in a parked a few feet from my little Honda. I sighed as I watched him jump out of the truck- beanie atop his head and a loose hoodie on his shoulders.

I looked away from him back at the city below as he approached my car, “How’d you find me Harry?”

I saw him shrug from the corner of my vision, “I went by your flat. Blue gave me directions.” He gestured to the hood of my car, “Can I sit?” My shrug must have been enough of an invitation because soon he was lying against the windshield next to me staring down at the scenery. “Niall’s told me about this place. It’s lovely.”

“Yeah. It’s my favorite place in London. Probably even the world, maybe,” I shrugged.

He was quiet after that. Part of me thought I should ask him what was on his mind, but really, I just didn’t want to. Not right now at least. He wasn’t the first person I wanted to be around right now, but he wasn’t the worst either to be honest.

I didn’t know how long we were quiet- a few songs, but eventually he broke the silence. “Niall’s right pissed at me.”

“Oh yeah?”

I could tell he turned to look at me, “Yeah. I recon it was because I was a twat to you this morning.”

I glanced at him fleetingly, “It’s alright. I kind of get it.”

He sighed, “There’s still no excuse. I shouldn’t have exploded on you like I did. I just have misplaced rage I guess since I can’t actually direct it Kota.”

Curiosity got the better of me, “Did you go see her at Zayn’s?”

“No,” he shook his head. “I was going to. But when I was halfway there Taylor called. I missed the call, but it still stopped me. What was I thinking? I’m moving on, I shouldn’t be so easily sucked back to Kota like I was. So instead of going to Zayn’s I just went home.” He pulled his beanie off and ran his hand through his unruly curls, “Then Niall came over and bitched me out for screaming at you. I really am sorry for that, you didn’t deserve any of that. And if you’re avoiding Niall because of it, I can’t apologize enough.”

I sighed, “I’m not avoiding anyone. I just needed a day away from it all.”

“And if Kota and I are the reason for that, I’m apologizing for that too.”

“It’s fine. I get why you react the way you do. If I was in your shoes and my boyfriend of some odd years did what she did, I’d react the same, if not worse.” I gave him a small smile, “I know you aren’t causing drama for no reason Haz, it’s just more than I’m used to.”

He chuckled, “Well, for what it’s worth it’s done now. On my side anyway. I think I’ve hit the acceptance stage.” I patted his knee, but didn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say other than what I already have.

We were quiet for a few more songs before he broke the silence again, “You know you’re one of my best friends yeah?”

I turned my head back to him, “Really?” I figured we were friends, yeah, but best friends?
He shrugged, “Yeah. I’ve told you, I don’t trust a lot of people. Especially since One Direction happened, but you, you don’t care that we’re celebrities. You give me nonjudgmental advice even if you don’t like who I choose to date,” he said giving me a knowing look. I rolled my eyes, but smiled at him. “And the most important thing? You love my best friend and treat him like he’s your reason for living.”

I blushed, “Oh uh…”

He chuckled at my stammering, “It’s just that… Even though I’m the youngest in the band, he’s like all of our younger brother and we’re all super protective of him. It’s why Zayn, Perrie and I came to see you at the bakery before you met everyone. We wanted to make sure you weren’t just using him.”

“Gee thanks,” I snorted.

He shrugged, “Just being honest. But we could tell you just liked him for him. You make him happy Ayden.”

“Thanks. He makes me happy too.”

“We can tell,” he laughed.

I elbowed him, “Don’t be a wanker. Now that I’ve accepted all your apologies and compliments, shut up and just enjoy the music and the amazing view.”

The silence only lasted about 5 seconds, “What are we listening too?”

I sighed, “Dear lord, I thought Louis was the one that couldn’t be quiet!” I snapped jokingly, “And it’s Every Avenue.”

He stuck his tongue at me like a child at the Louis comment, “I like this band I think.”

“You should. They’re fantastic. Now shut up.

“Okay, sorry.”

I took a soothing breath and focused back on the night sky.

“Do you believe in aliens?”

“Harry!”

*****

It was around 1am when Harry and I left and I found myself at Niall’s flat. When I walked in I heard the shower running.

“Niall?” I called into the bathroom, opening the door a bit.

“Ayden?”

I laughed, “Well who else would it be?” I pushed the door open more and looked in.

He was peering at me from around the shower curtain, “I’ll be out in a minute, yeah?”

I nodded, “Take your time.”

I walked back into his room and slipped my shoes and socks off, and my jeans followed. I slipped my bra off and I crawled into his bed in nothing but my t-shit and knickers. I made myself a cocoon of blankets and got comfortable. Niall’s sent surrounded me, instantly calming me.

After a few moments I heard the shower turn off. My heart rate picked up when I heard the door open and him walking in. I turned over and watched him. He was in nothing but a towel and smirked at me when he saw me. He slipped a pair of clean briefs on then walked over to the bed, “You gonna let me in or is that a blanket nest for one?”

“I always have room for a Niall,” I said and untangled myself a bit and help the blankets open for him to crawl in. He got in and tucked me against his body. His skin was warm and damp from his shower and it felt good against mine. I tangled my legs with his and pressed into him as much as possible. “I’m sorry I was a bitch today. I just needed my space you know?”

He kissed the side of my neck, “I know. It’s fine.” I told him about Harry coming to the lookout spot and everything we talked about. “I’m glad he apologized. I was so mad at him. I thought he really hurt your feelings with how you just up and left.”

I shrugged against him, “He didn’t really hurt my feelings. It was just a lot to deal with after the night we had. But it’s alright now. I’m fine, we’re fine.”

His hand slipped under my shirt and rested against my back, “Good,” he said into my neck. “I missed you today.”

“I miss you even when I’m with you.”

He chuckled, “And you say I’m the cheesy one?”

“Maybe you’re rubbing off?”
♠ ♠ ♠
233 subscribers! wow!

shot update. but you can thank ifancyhaz for this, cause she's been on my ass about updating lol
also, shout out to my regular commenters imjustinlove, brunettecutie04, k.louise
without you, i'd be so slow at updating!