Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

I wanna write a song about you now, yeah something from the bottom of my heart

The next few weeks were exhausting for me. I was doing modeling shoots more, and I even did a video shoot for Her Bright Skies. Between all that and the bakery, all I wanted to do was sleep forever.

Christmas was only a few days away, and the boys had already done the last of their traveling for the year to all the X-Factors.

Things with Harry were still a bit awkward, but he was talking to me. Although things with him and Louis were a bit strained. Since we were all going to be spending the 24th and 25th with our families, we’d all already exchanged our gifts with each other, except Niall and I. Today, the 23rd, was Louis birthday party. HE planned it the day before since everyone would be gone for the holiday. Niall was flying out to Ireland the morning after to be with his family, and Harry was in America with Taylor. No one was happy about it, but no one said anything about it either.

Louis was really surprisingly quiet about it.

“What you get Louis for his birthday?” I asked Niall as we were driving to the venue where the party was.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, “Um… I was just gonna tweet him ‘happy birthday.’”

I laughed, “You’re the worst friend ever!”

He scoffed, “What you get him?”

“A rare copy of the first Kings Of Leon album. Original first edition.”

He looked at me stunned, “Wow. How the fuck did you manage that?”

I shrugged, “I found it a few months ago for a steal! And I’ve held it for his birthday every since.”

“You can’t give him that, it’ll make me look bad!”

“You can claim half credit if you want.”

“I am!” he said instantly. I just rolled my eyes at him.

When we finally got to the club Louis was having his party at, there weren’t a whole lot of people there yet. “Fashionably early, we are,” Niall said.

We walked in and walked through the small crowd until we found our friends at a rather large table in the back. They all cheered as we walked up, “You made it!” Louis sang. I could tell he was already tipsy, well on his way to getting pissed. He hugged Niall and I, kissing our cheeks dramatically.

I turned and hugged everyone else and saying our hello’s.

“If that my present?!” Louis asked pointing to the bag in my hands.

I nodded, “It is. Do you want me to put it on the table with the rest?” I gestured to the table with a few gifts already piled on it.

“Can I open it now?” he said childishly.

I held it out to him, “It’s your birthday, you can do what you want.”

“Don’t tell him that!” Liam warned, “He’ll take that way too seriously.”

“Oi, shut it!” the birthday boy sassed taking the bag from me.

“That’s from both of us!” Niall cut in.

Louis eyes him, “That makes me think it’s not…” He turned his attention back to the gift. He threw the tissue paper out of his way and pulled the album out. He looked at it stunned before turning it over, getting a really good look at it. “Holy fuck Ayden! How’d you get this?”

“What is it?” Eleanor asked looking over her boyfriends shoulder.

“It’s a first edition vinyl of Kings Of Leon’s ‘Youth & Young Manhood!’” He looked at me again, “Seriously, how’d you find this?!” he shrieked.

I shrugged, “I stumbled upon it a few months ago at one of the record stores I frequent. I had to get it for you.”

“Way to set the bar way to high for the rest of us!” Zayn whined.

“Hey, it’s from me too!” Niall reminded them.

They all gave him a pointed look like ‘yeah, sure.’ Louis rushed at me pulling me into a massive hug, “You’re amazing! This gift is amazing! I’m freaking out right now!”

I hugged him back, “I’m glad you like it babe.”

He pulled back and glanced back at the album, “I’m going to put this in the car right now! So it’s safe!” he said before instantly taking off to the car.

“Well he’s hyper,” Perrie laughed.

“Just wait, it’ll get worse,” Niall added.

*****

Halfway through the party, about when everyone was pretty buzzed (or just straight pissed like Louis), Kota showed up.

We were all stunned, just stared at her for a moment. “Hi,” she said timidly.

At that little word, it’s like she snapped all of us back into reality and we all rushed her. We crowded around her cheering her name, pulling her into a group hug- drunk Lou right in the middle with her.

“I’m so glad you came Kotaaaa!” He cheered.

She laughed as we all moved back, giving her space, “Thanks. I didn’t think I was gonna make it, but I really couldn’t miss your birthday, love.”

“Eleanor rushed her and pulled her into what looked like a bone crushing hug, “I’m so glad you’re here!”

“I am too.”

“How are you doing?” Liam asked.

She smiled softly, “Better, thanks. But let’s not talk about me, we’re here to celebrate the birth of this lad,” she said patting Louis head.

“You drinking?” Zayn asked warily.

I saw the blush on her cheek and the hard look she gave him before her eyes softened seconds after, “Nope. I’m going sober.”

“Good for you babe,” I encouraged. She sent me a big genuine smile.

“Let’s dance! It’s my party and I wanna dance!” Louis cheered. He grabbed Kota and ran out to the dance floor as we all followed.

*****

Niall and I called it a night a little after midnight. Early for our group, but we wanted to have our own little Christmas before he hopped on a plane to spend the holidays with his family.

I hugged and said goodbye to everyone, but drunk Louis pulled me into a long hug. “Thanks again for the amazing gift. Seriously, it’s the best thing ever Ayd!”

I laughed, “No problem Lou. You deserved it. Now enjoy the rest of your party, yeah?”

I said goodbye to Kota last, “I’m glad to see you doing better.”

She squeezed me tighter at my words, “Thank you. I wanna talk to you about stuff,” she said pulling away. “After the holidays though of course.”

“Sure. Just let me know when, and I’m all yours.”

Then Niall was grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the group of our friends. He guided us out of the club, weaving and waving at random party goers as we went. “That was fun,” he said once we made it to his truck.

“It was,” I agreed. “but I’m exhausted,” I leaned back in the seat as he drove.

He rubbed my thigh soothingly and I reached down to lace our fingers together, “You’re always tired lately. You work too hard.”

I shrugged, “I like being busy.”

He chuckled, “That’s one way of putting it.”

When we got to his flat, he sat me in his living room. The only Christmas decoration in the whole flat was a little tree he had set on the coffee table. But I guess he didn’t really need much if he wasn’t actually going to be here on the holiday itself.

“You ready for your present?” he asked.

I was nervous for this. I had so much trouble finding him a gift. I’d never had a boyfriend on any significant holiday so I had no idea how to shop for them. I bit my lip, “Yeah. I’ve got yours too.” I had brought them over a few days ago, and they were sitting under the little tree. I got up and grabbed them before sitting next to him on the couch again, “But I have to warn you, its proper shit, because I had no idea what to get you. Nothing felt right. I must have bought and returned like a 100 things and what do you get for someone who already has everything? And-”

He cut me off with a kiss, “Babe, slow down. I’m sure whatever you got is fine. You didn’t even have to get me anything!”

I made a face at that, “Of course I did! What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn’t?”

“The one I loved either way.”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, whatever.” I pushed the boxes into his grasp, “Here, open them. Open the larger one first.”

He smirked as he ripped open the paper, “You got me Surpas?”

I rolled my eyes, “Yes, but they’re custom made. Open the box and look!”

He did as I told him and pulled out the shoes. They were white and green and said ‘Nialler’ across the side and ‘1D’ on the tongues. “These are so awesome Ayd, thank you!”

I was bright red at this time, “They’re so lame, don’t even lie to me right now!”

He laughed and kissed my lips quickly, “No, they’re amazin’ babe. Seriously! Thank you!”

“You’re welcome,” I sighed. “The next one is a bit better. At least I hope.”

He gave me a mock glare before he ripped open the other gift. He looked shocked, almost like Louis did when he unwrapped his record, “Where did you get a signed copy of ‘Hotel California?’”

I shrugged, “One of the guys that works at one of the record stores I practically live at had it. I had to practically sell my soul to him to get it, but I know how much you love The Eagles so it was worth it I think.” I shrugged again, “I know it’s not very personal or anything, especially since I got Louis a record too, but I thought you’d like it-”

“Ayden, stop rambling!” he laughed. “I absolutely love this! I love both of these gifts you daft girl! They’re perfect!” He pulled me in to a deep kiss then, “Stop doubting yourself,” he said against my lips.

I rested my forehead against his and smile, “Okay. Well, Happy Christmas.”

“Happy Christmas.” He pulled back and smiled at me, “You ready for yours?”

“I think so.”

“Okay, I’ll be right back,” he said before hopping up and running down the hall. He was back only moments after and placed a red velvet square box the size of her palm in her hand. “Before you freak out, no, it’s not a ring. And it wasn’t too expensive either. I know you’d have my balls if I got you expensive jewelry. It didn’t even come in that box.”

I smirked at him, “You know me so well popstar.”

“Shut up and open it!”

Without making him wait any longer I open the box and my heart nearly stopped. Inside was a necklace with an acorn and a thimble on it. “Niall!” I cooed. I immediately pulled it out and put it on. I looked down at it, playing with the charms. “I love it!”

“I remembered how you told me you used to wait up for Peter Pan at your window when you were a little kid. Then after your dad died and you’re mom started pulling away you said you used to wish on every star that Peter Pan was real so that he could take you away to Neverland. I can’t take all the credit though, Blue helped.”

I could almost feel tears in my eyes. I told him about my Peter Pan fascination so long ago that I almost forgot I actually told him. I had to blink rapidly to keep the tears from falling, “This is the best gift anyone has ever given me!”

He looked at me panicked, “Then why are you crying? Are you okay? I didn’t mean to bring up your father, I-”

“No, no,” I sniffed, whipping my tears. “They’re happy tears. Well and sad because this makes my presents look so lame in comparison!”

“No, babe, you’re wrong.” He pulled me into him as he leaned back against the couch. “I love my surpas, I can’t wait to wear them. Everyone will be so jealous! And that album has just become my pride and joy. It’s the greatest thing ever. I love them!”

“You’re present is still better.”

“I didn’t know it was a competition!” he laughed.

I scoffed, “Oh, it was. And you totally kicked my ass!”

“Well yay?”

I laughed dryly, “I love you. I really love this necklace. I’ll never take it off.”

He reached over to play with the charms, “I did good then, yeah?”

“You did better than good,” I scoffed. He laughed. I dethatched myself from his grasp and stood up, holding my hand out to pull him up after me, “Come on then.”

“Where we going?”

“Well since my presents were shit, and you’re gift was out of this world, I have to make up for the difference in sexual favors.”

The face he made was priceless. There was a moment of shock, like he wasn’t expecting that at all, then a sly smile crept its way across his face, “Really?”

I nodded, “Yep. Anything you want, you get.”

“Anything?” he asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Anything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this fucking chapter was such a pain in the ass!

no smut this time. idk if many people liked it lol no one commented on it!
shout out to ifancyhaz and Mayra for helping me as i stressed out over this stupid chapter!
and lovely comments from STREETWALKER, MJeezy23, k.louise, pattycake

3 chapters left. maybe 4, it depends.

if any of you know of any stories i should be reading, send them my way!