Status: What If You Could Live Your Life Over Again?

Alter Ego

Chapter 3

Chase stood motionless on the screen in front of me. Hand outreached towards me, smile plastered on his face. I sat there in front of him. Hands grasping the desk, eyes open wide.
"Anything you want," he repeated raising his eyebrows. I swallowed hard.
"What's the catch?" I asked suddenly. Chase smiled and shook his head lowering his hand again.
"Just don't turn off the computer," he said. I surveyed the screen, thinking about everything that I could do over if I lived my life over.
I could be born into a different family, I could be captain of the cheerleading team, I could be in London or New York, I could find a boy that was everything I wanted and more who would actually love me. It seemed to good to be true. "But," I said suddenly. "What happens if I do turn the computer off?" Chase smiled and laughed again. It seemed to be a reoccurring emotion with this kid.
"Nothing that bad," he said. "You just get stuck until you can find a computer that's on."
I was about to say something when the librarian come down. "You have ten minutes." She said angrily looking around the floor with old eyes. I nodded and smiled at her. When she went back up the stairs I turned to the computer screen.
"I want in," I said. Chase smiled. "Now get out of the so we can go somewhere that's open 24 hours of the day." He was about to say something when I interrupted him through gritted teeth. "Just get out." He nodded.
"Alright," he said. "Step back then princess." I rolled my eyes and got out of the way. He took some steps back to get a running head start. Then he began to sprint headlong towards the screen. When he got about 2 yards away he jumped and dove through the screen like he was diving into a pool. I gasped and jumped back when he came crashing through the screen. He landed with a crash onto the chair and slide back a couple feet. When the smoke cleared I saw Chase, normal creepy Chase, smiling at me.
"You're turn princess," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Many thanks for reading this! I worked my bum off the other night to get this entire story planned out so expect many updates! Love you xx