Sequel: True Love Ever After
Status: Completed <3

Perfect Porcelain

Chapter 7: Make Me Feel Like Someone Else

Third Person P.O.V.

One of the downsides to touring in October was the rain. It was absolutely pouring and the group was holed up in a hotel for the night. Being on the bus wasn't too safe. In the window seat in her room, Michelle was curled un in a blanket, trying to read. Key word being "trying" because her mind was everywhere but what she was reading. Eventually she gave up. Groaning, she put her book down and went to go see if the boys were doing anything remotely interesting. Anything had to be better than this.

Her theory was proven wrong when she went across the hall in to the other room, because all she found was Josh sitting there on the bed. "Awh, did the boys go out to play and leave Josh here all alone?" and he jumped at the sound of her voice. Only Michelle a way sneaking up on you and you don't hear a thing. "They're somewhere. Do we really need to drag us with them?" he asked "Well they do need a 24/7 babysitter. Last time I checked, that was MY job." "Since when?" "Since I let you people in my house. Poor decision-making on my part." "Yeah, but you'd miss us if we weren't around." and they both just started laughing.

The two sat there talking for what felt like forever, but even that got boring. So it turned in to a shoving match, which that can't even go right. Michelle was just about to fall off the bed and Josh flipped on his side, grabbing her by the waist and bringing her back up. "Well, wasn't that fun?" she breathed out in an airy voice. The room settled in a comfortable silence, much like it always did. Michelle flipped on her side, facing Josh, to find that he was already looking at her. She closed her eyes and felt her breath once again hitch in her throat she she felt Josh's forhead press against hers.

They jumped apart when Michelle's phone blared its familiar ring tone. "I think your phone hates me." "That it might." and she picked it up. "I'm sorry, they're where? Doing what?" she started, "Okay, okay. I'll come look after them." and she hung up. "Well, time to go start my job as babysitter because that was Ian and Cam. Apparently Mike and Matt can't behave themselves." and she looked really irritated as she disappeared out the door.

Michelle was fuming as she slammed the door to the arcade open, and all heads snapped towards her. She was way beyond pissed off, she was furious now. "CAN YOU NOT BEHAVE FOR 5 MINUTES?!" yep, she was angry. "We can, we just choose not to." was the smart-ass reply. "Oh, you wanna be smart now?" and Michelle's eyes narrowed the slits. That's when they got scared. She took out her phone and started scrolling. "Well, let's play this my way." and they looked at her curiously. "You know who I haven't talked to in forever? There she is. I'm sure Megan would love to have a nice chat with me." and she looked up to see all colour drain from her brother's face and his eyes widen. "You wouldn't. "Oh I think we both know I would." In the background Matt had been laughing, "Oh, you think this is funny Webb? Well lookie, there's Nicole's name. I'm sure she'd love to join Megan and I for a girl talk." and he stopped laughing, having the same reaction as Mike. "I suggest you two start behaving. You can do whatever, but tone it down before you get us kicked out." and Michelle sighed, laying herself down on a couch in the room.

Now it was Ian and Cam's turn to laugh. Matt and Mike looked over to make sure Michelle was plugged in to her iPod, and she was. They turned on the other two. "You guys called her?!" they stopped laughing enough to nod. "Why?" the hissed. "A. We were getting complaints. B. We guessed she'd be with Josh, it's always more fun to make her even angrier when we interrupt them." and they all just stopped to think about her reactions every time, and then they were all laughing. They stopped dead when they heard Michelle's phone ring. She sighed heavily and paused her playlist to pick it up. She was rubbing her temples the enitred time. "Yes, Ally?" "Ally, you wanted red flowers." "Because red is your favourite colour AND the colour for the wedding. Red and white, that was what you wanted." "You already have me in a dress, I think you have everything." "Yes Ally, if you want anything else just call." and the call ended. "Some one promise me that if I ever get married, you won't let me turn in to that." and they all just nodded.

As if on the metion of marriage, Michelle's eyes darted down to her left hand and her fingers traced the barely-there imprint left of a ring. It wasn't from an engagment ring, god no. It was the remaining imprint of the promise ring Derek had given her, the one she threw down on his porch the minute she slammed that door behind her that day. Try as hard as she might, nothing can erase that she did love him, she enjoyed the time they had spent. She had been the happiest girl on the planet when he gave her that ring. As much as she tried, she couldn't bring herself to take him back, even if he was sorry. There was one reason and one reason only: Derek broke a promise, a promise he made to her with that ring. Not just with him but with everyone else who had tried to tear her down, she wondered one thing. Why? Why make a promise you can't keep?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to cockblock Josh once again... how long 'till you guys hate me for that? XD On a serious note thank you guys for reading, please like the story, feel free to comment and ask anything. :)