Status: Complete~

Kindred Spirits

We'll Stay Together

(The Next Day)

When Jim woke, he felt more comfortable than normal; he didn't really want to move since he was so warm, he knew he would have to get up though before it got too late or before he fell back to sleep. He shifted a little, his heart skipping when he heard a small mumble, arms made their way around his abdomen and pulled him closer, soft lips finding his temple.

"Hey..."

Jim melted a little at Mick's tired voice, he had nearly forgotten falling asleep with the shorter man, in his bed, "Morning." Jim turned and kissed Mick's cheek.

Mick smiled and placed another kiss on Jim's head, "I'm really comfortable."

"Me too." Jim smiled too, he felt completely lost in Mick's blue eyes; he was glad for kissing the man again, he hadn't expected this to happen but he felt completely safe and comfortable, he was glad that Mick hadn't pushed him away because of his past.

Mick moved a hand and cupped Jim's cheek, softly rubbing the flesh with his thumb, "Do you always look so gorgeous?"

Jim blushed a little, "I dunno..."

"You're fucking adorable too."

"Thank you. You're pretty sexy."

"Thanks," Mick smiled more, "You wanna get a shower or...?"

"Yeah. You mean alone right?"

"Of course, I'll go make us breakfast," Mick kissed Jim's cheek, "I'm not some creepy pervert you know." He smirked, looking down at Jim's bare chest.

"Yeah right!" Jim laughed and playfully slapped Mick's chest; he then shimmied out of the man's bed and collected his clothing off the floor, he quickly left the room to go use the bathroom.

Mick laughed to himself then got out of bed, he headed straight downstairs and into his kitchen; he fed Moose then set to preparing some waffles for their breakfast. By the time he was finished he heard Jim walking into the kitchen, he turned and smiled to the tall man, "Take a seat!"

"Thanks," Jim smiled, he sat down at the dining table and watched Mick plate up the waffles, "Do you always cook in your underwear?"

"Nope," Mick set the plates down then some forks, he happily took his seat and just smiled more, "I usually have a shower, get dressed then make my breakfast."

"Sooo...If I were to stay again, would you cook in your underwear?"

"Hm..." Mick ate some of the waffles; happily chewing them then swallowing them down, "Probably."

"Well, I might just have to stick around then." Jim grinned then set to eating; Mick just shook his head and began eating his own, glad to see Jim so happy and clearly enjoying what he had made. It didn't take them too long and Jim offered to clean up so Mick could get a shower, the bigger man reluctantly accepted and headed upstairs.

Jim thought about living with Mick, he knew it was probably too soon but he already missed the bigger man, even though he knew they were in the same house together, but it was the same when Jim took a shower, he felt alone despite Mick only being downstairs.

He didn't know why but he just didn't feel right when Mick wasn't around, he always wanted to be next to his new boyfriend. He knew he was in love but this was probably the strongest he felt it; he wondered why he just wanted to be around the bigger man, maybe it was because this guy trusted him already and had accepted his messy past.

Jim finished cleaning up the dishes, he then dried them down and put them away, after finding where they belonged; he tidied up a little then turned around to see Mick stood in the door-way, a soft smile on his face: now fully dressed.

"Hey, you did a good job."

"Thanks. I have OCD for cleanliness." Jim smiled too, glad that Mick was back.

"Well, I might have to take you up on that offer of you staying here," Mick grinned, "You can clean up after me!"

Jim laughed, "No, no I wouldn't. I'd love to stay though."

"Nah, I don't think I would want you to," Mick laughed too then smiled again, "Really? Why?"

"I dunno," Jim padded over to Mick, "I just kinda missed you...While I was showering, then you were gone to shower too...I'm such a douche."

Mick smiled more then hugged Jim close, "No," He gently nuzzled the man's neck, his insides tingling when Jim returned the embrace, "You're perfect. I understand, I kinda missed you too. I just want to know every little thing about you and be close to you..."

"I'm not perfect," Jim mumbled, "You're wonderful Mick...I'm glad you understand, I wanna be with you."

"I want you to be with me," Mick kissed Jim's cheek, "You wanna go get your stuff, from your house?"

"I'd love that."

"Alright," Mick carefully pulled away, they shared a small kiss then headed into the hall and set to putting their outdoor gear on; they left and just jumped into Mick's car together, "Ooh, you get to feel how fucking wonderful you made this for me."

"Awesome!" Jim grinned, he buckled himself up as did Mick; the bigger-man started up the car and they were soon off down the road, Jim directing Mick along the way so the man knew exactly where they were going.

~ ~ ~ ~

Once at Jim's the tall man carefully unlocked the door, "This is your first time in my house..."

"Yeah," Mick smiled, "Let us in then!"

"Okay..." Jim mumbled, he opened up the door and let Mick in first, he followed the man then shut the door and slowly walked behind Mick as he had a little look around, "It's not much..."

"Are you fucking kidding? Can we live here? It's massive compared to my house, shit it's really clean too."

"I know. I get really antsy about dirt," Jim laughed softly, "You wanna live here?"

"Yeah," Mick smiled to Jim, "If you don't mind. We could call some movers to help get my gear over."

"Oh yeah!" Jim grabbed Mick's hand, "Come with me," He led the man through the living room and down into another big room, he flicked all the lights on and smiled, "This is my gear."

"Shit," Mick had a look around: adoring the different instruments Jim had, along with amps. He then had a peak in his shelf, looking over all the sticks and different picks, "Not a music shop at all." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh no!" Jim chuckled, "Maybe a little..."

"A little?" Mick laughed, "No, it just is. You've got guitars, basses, a drum kit, a piano and two keyboards...Really, it is."

"Well, I'm missing things to make it an actual music shop. But I guess it's about half-way there."

"Hm," Mick nodded, "You're right. I hope you're not thinking of getting anymore."

"Nah. Maybe some day in the future, if I can get a bigger house."

"Well, if I'm living with you," Mick walked over to Jim and hugged him close, "I want a little house, with a two garages, one for music stuff, other for cars: we'll have to make it bigger, of course. I don't want to be too far from you."

"Aw Mick," Jim returned the hug and kissed his boyfriends cheek, "That's so sweet. I fucking love the sound of that, we'll have to keep a spare room, where we can just play and make songs together."

"Oh yeah," Mick smiled, "Make it soundproof, and live in the country. Then no-one can complain. I'd definitely love to hear you play drums some time, too."

"Yeah. Maybe later, we'll get your stuff over, have something to eat, watch stuff on T.v then eat lunch and I'll play something for you!"

"That sounds great," Mick smiled more, Jim couldn't help but smile too, "We better get to it then!"

"Yes!" Jim grinned, they broke the hug then he took Mick's hand and led them back upstairs; they went straight into the hall and got their coats on again, immediately leaving for Mick's house after Jim locked up, already prepared to live together, despite only being together for one day, they already couldn't bare time apart from each other and they knew that it was a good decision.