Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Going Out.

I watched as he laughed at something she said, his hand was rested on her hip and she was grinning at him. My heart hurt. I looked over at Liam who was talking to Danielle, a small smile twitched at the edges of my lips. I was happy they were working things out finally. Liam deserved to be happy. I looked to the side and Louis was acting something out to El who was laughing at her boyfriend, they made me happy. I’ve never seen two people more perfect for each other. My best friend was happy and I was so glad. I bit my lip and walked over to where the drinks were.

“Tea right?” I heard Taylor call to Harry as she approached.

“Please.” He answered her.

I poured my tea and went to grab a biscuit, I saw Taylor adding two sugars to both cups of tea.

“Harry doesn’t take sugar.” I told her giving her a small smile.

“He does.” She pursed her lips together, “I think I’d know how he took his tea.”

“Right.” I bit my lip, “sorry.”

She walked away and handed Harry the tea, I sat on the sofa and looked over as he made as face as he drank it.

“Is there sugar in this?” he asked and Taylor nodded, “I don’t take sugar, sorry.”

“You don’t?” she bit her lip.

I bit the smile back as I sipped my own tea, Harry was walking back and glanced over at me and I diverted my gaze. We still weren’t talking and I wasn’t in the mood to get in an argument with him so I stood up and walked away deciding it was probably best I wasn’t near him.

“Are you coming out with us tonight?” Zayn asked as he walked up to me.

“Yea.” I nodded, “I’m excited about getting dressed up.”

“What are you going to wear?” he asked curiously and I smirked.

“Just a dress I have.” I bit my lip, “it’s one you guys have seen me in before, but I love it.”

“Cool.” Zayn nodded and I grinned.

“Indeed.” I smirked looking over as Harry frowned at something Taylor said.

We headed back to the hotel, I went straight to the roof and Zayn followed me. Harry watched us but I ignored his gaze well aware of the fact this used to be our thing. I pulled out my cigarette and looked over the city that was gradually getting darker. Zayn sat next to me and I leant on his shoulder.

“You smell nice.” I told him.

“Thanks,” he grinned, “you okay Blair?”

“I guess.” I shrugged, “I’m not sure at the moment.”

“Harry?” he asked and I nodded.

Silence fell upon us and we just enjoyed each others company for a while.

“It’s funny.” I blew the smoke out and looked to the sky feeling his gaze on me, “how you attempt to fix yourself after you’re completely broken. I feel like I’ve just put some duck tape over the holes in a sinking ship.”

“You seem okay now.” Zayn looked at me and I pursed my lips together..

“I’m not.” I looked at the floor, “I’m a bad person as well.”

“Why are you a bad person?” Zayn raised an eyebrow at me.

“I’ve wanted him to hurt so badly.” I met his gaze, “I want him to feel the pain I felt.”

“You don’t mean that.” Zayn shook his head blowing the smoke out of his mouth.

“What makes you so sure?” I asked curiously.

“You’re too good for that.” He shrugged, “you’ve always been too good for any of us.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You’re tougher now Blair, I’ll give you that but you’re nice. You’re a loving person and I honestly don’t think you would ever hurt Harry like he did to you.” Zayn looked over at me, “not intentionally anyway.”

“You have a lot of faith in me.” I chuckled, “I think it might be misplaced though.”

“Why?” he asked.

“I want Harry to be happy, you know that. But I’ve wanted him to hurt for a while, part of me believes he has done. That I have hurt him.” I felt my jaw tense, “but I’m a bitch because I don’t want Harry to be happy without me.”

“So you want to get back together?” Zayn asked and I pursed my lips together.

“I don’t know.” I sighed before looking up at him, “I’m a mess huh?”

“Just confused.” He gave me a small smile before standing up, “come on, we need to get ready.”

I followed him down the stairs and walked into my room closing the door and stripping off before getting into the shower. I was sat on a stool in my underwear when there was a soft knock on the door, I looked at it curiously pulling a robe on before opening the door and finding Harry the other side.

“Hey.” I bit my lip surprised to see him at my door.

He didn’t say anything, he opened his mouth but closed it again before shaking his head mumbling a sorry and walking back down the hall and into his room. I stared at the closed door from my doorway for a while completely baffled as to what that was all about. I eventually closed my door and walked back over to the mirror singing along softly with Ed who was playing out of my laptop. Eventually I was finished with my make up and after checking the time pulled my dress out the wardrobe and put it on before looking in the mirror. It had been a long time since I had worn this dress and I was pleased that it still looked as good as it had that night. As I fluffed my hair it struck me that perhaps Harry had been right, maybe I was playing a game with him. I was wearing the dress I had worn the night he told me he would never leave me alone in a dress like this. I was putting my heels on when there was a musical knock on my door, I knew it was Louis instantly.

“Hey boo.” I grinned opening the door and walking back in.

“You look delightful.” Louis told me and I grinned.

“Thanks,” I picked my bag up, “as do you.”

“I know.” He grinned and I laughed as he took my hand in his.

“No El?” I asked and he shook his head.

“She’s sick.” He frowned, “she’s been throwing up all afternoon.”

“Oh poor thing.” I frowned.

We walked down the stairs to meet everyone else. They were all stood together other than Harry who was texting on his phone, I assume it was Taylor he was texting. They had gone public in the park the other day and the fans had gone crazy.

“Wow.” Zayn grinned, “you look insane.”

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“Beautiful.” Niall told me and I blushed.

Harry looked up from his phone and his eyebrows rose as he pursed his lips together. I was wearing the dress. He didn’t say anything though but he suddenly looked really uncomfortable.

xxxx


I looked over at Harry standing with Taylor and it made me feel sick. I walked onto the dancefloor and started to dance when I noticed someone else who was dancing on their own. He looked up at me and grinned.

“Justin.” He held his hand out.

“I know who you are.” I blushed putting my hand in his as he kissed it, “I’m…”

“Blair.” He grinned, “Blair Monroe.”

“How does Justin Bieber know my name?” I asked raising an eyebrow at him and he shrugged.

“You’re quite famous yourself.” He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m just the girl that’s always photographed with One Direction.” I laughed and he nodded.

“Do you want a drink?” he asked biting his lip and I pursed my lips together.

“Sure.” I nodded, “why not?”

He chuckled before taking my hand in his and walking through the crowds of people to the bar. I ducked my head down slightly embarrassed at how forward he was in taking my hand. I sat on the stool next to where he was standing trying to get the attention of the barman. I wasn’t really a fan of him and up until now still thought of him as a kid on youtube but as I studied him up close he was quite cute.

“What would you like to drink?” he asked as the bartender walked out way

“I’ll have a jack and coke.” I smiled.

“Shots?” he asked and I bit my lip.

“What kind of shots?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Sambuca?” he asked and I shook my head laughing.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” I smiled, “how about we have a drink then maybe shots later?”

“Alright.” He grinned before ordering our drinks.

We stood at the bar chatting about random things. He was telling me about how funny he found the rumours about him. I agreed and we started laughing about the things we had had written about us. He made me laugh a lot more than I thought he would be able to.

“So is it too early to ask what’s going on relationship wise with you?” Justin asked and I smiled.

“I could ask the same to you.” I spun my drink around trying to avoid any attention on me, “are you and Selena officially over then?”

“Yea.” He nodded, “it was time, we tried to fix it like most relationships do. Give it another go but for us it didn’t work.”

“Oh, right.” I nodded.

“And you?” he asked and I bit my lip.

“I haven’t been in a relationship with anyone for a while.” I admitted and he cocked his head to the side.

“So why does Harry Styles look like he’s trying to decide what the best way to kill me is?” Justin asked and I burst out laughing.

“He’s looking at us?” I asked and he nodded, “that’s funny.”

“So you and him?” Justin asked and I shrugged.

“He’s with Taylor.” I told him as I got off the stool and held out my hand, “dance?”

Justin grinned taking my hand and I led him to the dancefloor, I glanced over at Harry and couldn’t resist winking at him before I started to dance with Justin. I knew it would piss him off to see me dancing like this in the dress I was in, he was the one who was with someone else now and I wasn’t just going to sit around and wait for him to care again when he had been so confusing recently.

“So what did we decide about you and Harry?” Justin asked as he placed a hand on my waist.

“I won’t lie to you and say there is nothing between us because there always will be.” I shrugged draping a hand on his shoulder, “I’m having fun, he’s meant to be having fun and at the moment that is all we are.”

“So you can have fun with other people?” Justin smirked and I laughed.

“Justin you’re a cute guy.” I started and he smirked.

“But I’m not Harry?” Justin finished and I rolled my eyes at him, “you know he can’t keep his eyes off us right?”

I laughed lightly rolling my eyes but taking a step closer to him, he wrapped his arms around me tighter and dropped his head to my shoulder.

“You know we could make this even harder for him right?” Justin whispered in my ear and I giggled.

“And how would we do that?” I asked and Justin pulled away lacing our hands together.

He pulled me off the dancefloor and I walked behind him ducking my head down as we passed Harry who didn’t look amused. Justin led us to the wall just near Harry, I leant against it and he placed a hand either side of me.

“He’s still looking isn’t he?” Justin asked and I nodded, “how jealous do you want him to be?”

I bit my lip, I looked over his shoulder to see Taylor was back next to Harry. Their hands were laced together and he leant forward and placed a kiss on her forehead, she laughed before placing a kiss on his lips. It hurt and I still hadn’t gotten past what he had said to me, how low he had gone and I suddenly wanted him to pay again. I looked back at Justin who was watching me carefully.

“Friends right?” I checked and Justin nodded.

I leant forward and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. He placed a hand on my waist and the other held my face gently. It wasn’t awful kissing him but it didn’t make me want to tear his clothes off.

“So, wow.” Justin grinned as I pulled away, I laughed, “you sure we’re leaving it as just friends?”

“Yes.” I giggled, “like I said, you are really cute and lovely and funny and some girl out there will be lucky to have you.”

“But not you.” Justin finished.

“We can be friends though.” I grinned, “I know a couple of people who would be insanely excited to meet you.”

“Okay.” Justin nodded.

I grabbed his hand happily before leading him to where I had last seen Niall. I heard his laugh before I saw him.

“You are such a rowdy irish drunk.” I stood at the table and Niall looked up.

“B, you have Justin Bieber next to you.” Niall gaped.

“She just made out with him.” A voice said behind me and I turned around to see Harry stood there looking pissed off.

“Awkward.” Louis looked between us before turning to Justin, “want to sit down man?”

“Sure.” Justin sat next to Niall as Harry and I stood looking at each other.

“You kissed Taylor.” I said quietly and he pursed his lips together.

“This isn’t a competition Blair.” Harry shook his head.

“I know.” I shrugged, “I would never try and compete with the mighty Harry Styles in a pulling competition.”

“Don’t be a bitch Blair.” He shook his head.

“Sorry, it’s just that I’m unlovable.” I pursed my lips and he narrowed his eyes at me.

“Are they always like this?” Justin asked Niall.

“At the moment, yes.” Niall sounded sad, “they used to be so lovely together.”

“Shut up Niall.” Harry glared over my shoulder.

“Don’t tell Niall to shut up.” I shook my head crossing my arms, “he’s right. We used to be so much better than this.”

“You know it has be like this at the moment.” Harry sighed, “you wanted this. You wanted me to find someone else.”

“Yea and now you are with Taylor.” I pointed out, “you Harold Edward Styles are in a relationship with Taylor Swift. You are one half of Haylor.”

“Blair.” Harry started and I shook my head.

“I’m not your property Harry. I can kiss whoever I want.” I sighed, “hell if I wanted to have sex with Justin it would be nothing to do with you.”

“She doesn’t.” Justin pointed out and I looked over at him letting out a little laugh, “she told me.”

“Really?” Harry cocked his head to the side.

“Go back to your girlfriend Styles.” I turned around sitting next to Louis.

“I wish you two could be friends again.” Louis wrapped an arm around me and I sighed.

“I wish that too.” I said quietly and Louis pressed a kiss to my temple.

“He still loves you.” He rested his head on mine and I hummed.

“Of course he does.” I reached forward and grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a large glass of it with coke.

“You alright?” Louis asked.

“Peachy.” I told him downing the glass in one.

I poured a couple more and I felt the alcohol buzzing through my veins.

“You’re beautiful.” I giggled stroking Louis face.

“As are you.” He chuckled, “I wish you’d hang out with me more Blair.”

“I know Louis, I know.” I slurred slightly nodding my head, “you just look at me with that look. I can’t be around that look very long. It hurts.”

“Look?” he swayed slightly due to his drunk state.

“Yea, you give me this look. Like you’re disappointed in me.” I sighed.

“Do I?” he looked surprised.

I nodded as I knocked back another glass full of Jack and coke.

“You’re on his side,” I mumbled leaning back onto Zayn, “you just want him to be happy. You don’t really care about me anymore.”

“Hey B,” Zayn wrapped an arm around my waist, “let’s go outside.”

“Me and my buddy Zayn are going outside.” I told Louis, “he doesn’t look at me like you do.”

Zayn gathered me up in his arms and led me outside propping me up against the wall.

“Come on B.” he pressed his forehead to mine, “get it together.”

“I can’t” I bit my lip, “I can’t keep it together anymore.”

“Yes you can.” He closed his eyes, “you are so much better than this Blair.”

“I’m not.” I mumbled, “I’m really not. My best friend hates me Zayn. He hates me.”

“Louis does not hate you.” Zayn tucked my hair behind my ear, “I promise you he loves you. We all love you.”

“No.” I pouted, “I’m unlovable.”

“You aren’t” Zayn let out a light laugh as he stepped back pulling out a cigarette.

“Harry told me I was.” I told him and Zayn’s head snapped up to look at me, “last month.”

“He said what?” Zayn’s jaw tensed.

“I’m unlovable.” I sighed, “I know I am. I always thought I was but he told me. I loved him Zayn. I loved him so much.”

“I know.” He tossed his nearly whole cigarette on the floor and caught me as I went to fall to the ground tears streaming down my face.

“I don’t know what I’m doing anymore Zayn.” I mumbled into his chest, “my life is a mess.”

“Blair.” The door slammed close after the person.

I stepped back from Zayn and wiped my face to offer him a smile.

“Hey Niall.” I bit my lip.

“You need to see Louis.” He bit his lip, “he thinks you hate him.”

“I could never hate him,” I shook my head.

“Let’s go inside.” Zayn laced his fingers through mine as he led me to where Louis was talking to Harry, “maybe we should give them a second.”

“No.” I shook my head and walked up to them.

“You better love this girl Harry,” Louis told him pointed at his best friend.

“Taylor is cool.” Harry nodded, “I like her a lot.”

“She better be.” Louis told him.

“Why do you care so much?” he asked him.

“If you need to ask that then you are more of a fucking idiot than I already thought.” Louis turned around to see me, “Blair.”

“Come here.” I opened my arms and he stumbled into them, “I love you Lou, I really do.”

“I love you too B. I’m sorry.” He sniffed, “I’m sorry you think I’m disappointed in you, I’m not. I love you so much. I don’t want you thinking I don’t want you to be happy, I do Blair. Nobody deserves to be happy more than you do.”

“I love you Louis.” I told him again.

“Is she always such a mess?” I heard Taylor ask Harry who laughed.

I bit my lip and waited for his reply.

“She’s become a bit of a disaster recently.” He told her, “like a different person.”

I pulled away from Louis and grabbed the bottle of Jack and poured a glass neat and held it up.

"To me and you babe." I winked at Louis and downed the glass.

I really needed to find a better way of coping with my hatred for Harry and his stupid girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much happened really in the chapter.

Your thoughts always make me happy. I'm currently toying with two different directions so your opinion may sway me :)

I love Zayn at the moment, he's just appeared and sweeped Blair off her feet with his loveliness.

Peace.Love.CandlesMakeMeSoHappyItsRidiculous