Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Take Me Home

“I’m sleepy.” I mumbled and Liam chuckled.

“Go to sleep then.” He told me and I groaned.

“But then I won’t sleep when we get home.” I pouted and he shook his head smiling.

“Let’s talk then.” He suggested and I nodded.

I moved and rested my head on his shoulder, his hand came up and started stroking my hair absentmindedly. We were on a plane back to England and I was fighting the urge to go to sleep, I was well known for being rubbish with jet lag and Liam had been tasked with trying to keep me awake.

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked yawning.

“Tell me about Henry.” He suggested and I pulled back to look at him.

“Why?” I asked and he shrugged.

“He’s your only other boy friend and I’m curious as to what makes him good enough to be ranked with us.” He shrugged and I bit my lip smiling.

“Alright.” I nodded laying my head back down, “what do you want to know about him?”

“Let’s start with how you met.” He suggested and I laughed.

“Oh Li, this is not your kind of story.” I giggled and he scrunched his eyebrows together.

“Why is that?” he asked.

“I walked up to him a kissed him,” I chuckled, “then we went back to mine and had sex. We barely spoke and he left me a note in the morning. I called him and he came over for sex again.”

“So it was purely sex?” he asked and I bit my lip.

“The first couple of times,” I nodded, “but we became friends, it was nice having someone to talk to again. I had Jenny obviously but having Hen around was almost like having you all there. I know I left and that I cut off contact but I missed you so much.”

“We missed you,” he kissed the top of my head, “you have such a positive influence on all of us.”

“Really?” I looked at him curiously and he nodded.

“I don’t know how much you want to know about the time you weren’t here but it was hard.” He bit his lip, “it’s nice to see Harry laugh again.”

“Henry was the perfect antidote for missing you guys, he had a bit of each of your personalities.” I changed the subject, “he knew just how far to push me.”

“What do you mean?” Liam asked, “push you how?”

“About Harry,” I bit my lip, “he knew just how far to push about it, he could see I wasn’t coping but sweeping in and forcing me to talk about it isn’t really my style. He edged it out of me gradually, he just sat and listened.”

“How are you and Harry?” Liam asked licking his lip and I shrugged.

“Good.” I nodded, “just trying to be friends.”

Liam hummed and I looked at him curiously.

“What is it Li?” I asked and he shrugged.

“I just don’t see you two as friends.” He bit his lip, “you two being friends seems like a waste to me.”

“Why’d you think that?” I sat back and listened, it was rare Liam ever went further than casual suggestions on things.

“Just do.” He shrugged, “look Blair, you and Haz make sense. If you two are just friends I’ll accept it, I won’t push it but I think I may be the only in this band that will do that, including Harry.”

“See I don’t think Harry wants me back anymore.” I admitted, “he doesn’t give me that impression anymore, he used to but not anymore. I think he agrees we should just be friends.”

“Right.” He nodded.

We moved the subject away from Harry and spoke about the time in Japan. The boys had all brought robots and I had brought loads of kitchy things for mine and Jens apartment that I knew she was going to love. We eventually watched a movie and settles on a comedy in a bid to keep me awake. As the credits rolled I could tell Liam had been thinking the entire time and hadn’t paid the movie much attention.

“You okay Li?” I asked, he bit his lip before speaking.

“Do you want to know what I think?” Liam asked and I shrugged.

“You’re the only person who hasn’t already told me.” I smiled softly and Liam nodded.

“I think we like to complicate things when it is really quite simple. Find what it is that makes you happy and who it is that makes you happy and you’re set.” He told me, “promise.”

“That simple huh?” I raised an eyebrow and he nodded.

“I think so.” He kissed my head and I sighed, “I think you know what makes you happy Blair but you’re scared and I completely understand that but I know you’re strong. Stronger than letting something that scares you have such an impact your life.”

“Well played Payne, well played.” I muttered, “you know I hate being seen as weak.”

“You’ve never been weak a day in your life Blair Monroe, you were born a fighter.” He chuckled.

xxxx


I waved at the taxi before opening my door and walking into the hallway.

“Honey I’m home!” I called out and heard a loud crash followed by a string of curse words.

“I fell over.” Jenny explained sheepishly as she walked into the hall and pulled me into a hug, “how are you B?”

“Alright.” I yawned, “how are you?”

“Oh you know.” She shrugged and I chuckled.

“No, that’s why I asked.” I smiled walking into my room dragging my case behind me.

“I’ve been busy.” She trailed off and I raised an eyebrow.

“Busy?” I asked unzipping my case.

“Let’s just get you unpacked yea?” she bit her lip and I looked at her confused.

“What’s going on Jen?” I asked and she sighed.

“Nothing, let’s just do this.” She suggested sitting on the bed and I pursed my lips.

“You’re hiding something from me.” I told her and she bit her lip, “you are.”

“I’m not.” She shook her head, “ah that is so cute!”

She picked up a bowl I’d brought and looked over it carefully. I shook my head and started unpacking, we sat in silence for a while.

“So how are things with you and sexy Styles?” she asked a small smile on her face.

“Alright.” I shrugged hanging a dress up, “we’re just friends.”

“Really?” she asked and I nodded, “so there was no sex or anything?”

I pursed my lips together considering telling her what happened before Japan. If I told her though that would be breaking Harry’s trust, we’d said we wouldn’t tell anybody. It also felt like telling someone would make it mean more than it had, it had just been sex, there had been no feelings involved.

“We’re just friends Jen.” I smiled softly pulling out my Rolling stones top and biting my lip before placing it to the side to change into.

“So how was Japan?” she asked, “was it as amazing as I imagine it would be?”

“It was insane.” I grinned pushing my suitcase under my bed, “everything was so bright and colourful, the people were so polite and sweet.”

I pulled my top over my head and replaced it with my Rolling Stones top. I changed into a pair of black skinny sweatpants and tied my hair up in a bun.

“People were so considerate about pictures and autographs.” I smiled remembering how they had approached the boys, “it was a complete contrast to everywhere else. They still screamed though, I swear I’m going deaf.”

She chuckled as I spoke, we walked into the kitchen putting the kettle on and making tea as I recalled little stories from our short time away.

“So, what are you hiding from me?” I asked and she bit her lip nervously, “Jen, tell me.”

“Blair.” She sighed, “you know I love you.”

“Why do I feel like I’m not going to like where this is going?” I raised an eyebrow and she shifted uncomfortably.

“I don’t know how you’re going to react.” She leant on the counter opposite me, “I did something.”

I didn’t react, I swung my legs and waited watching as she was obviously trying to decide how to form the words.

“Henry and I slept together.” She blurted out and I gaped at her.

She bit her lip watching the words sink in.

“When?” I asked and she shifted uncomfortably, “when Jen?”

“A couple of weeks before you went to Japan.” She admitted.

“I’ve seen him since then.” I shook my head, “he didn’t say anything.”

“We didn’t know what was happening.” She shifted, “it was an accident the first time.”

“The first time?” my eyebrows shot up, “there has been more than one occasion?”

“Blair,” she sighed, “it just happened.”

“So what are you? Like boyfriend and girlfriend?” I scoffed and she didn’t say anything, “you have got to be kidding me.”

“You always said it wasn’t serious between you two.” She reasoned and I narrowed my eyes at her.

“You’re my best friend Jen. You aren’t meant to go sleep with the guy I’ve been sleeping with.” I shook my head and she sighed heavily.

“You and him have been over for ages Blair.” She shook her head cross her arms, “you can’t expect him to sit around whilst you try to decide between him and Harry.”

“I’m not trying to decide anything.” I huffed.

“Good because the decision was made for you.” She told me and I glared.

“I need to get out of here.” I walked out the kitchen and could feel her following me.

I shoved my feet in my uggs and grabbed my jacket before getting my keys and walking out the door.

“I haven’t done anything wrong Blair.” Jenny said from the doorway.

“You were my best friend,” I shook my head, “you’ve been seeing him for weeks and you haven’t told me. Why?”

“I knew you’d react like this.” She told me, “that you’d be completely irrational about it.”

I walked down the path and unlocked my car that was sat in the driveway. I got in and started driving not even paying attention to where I was going until I was there. I looked up at the house and bit my lip. Harry’s house. I turned off the engine and sat there for a while just looking up at the house, remembering all the memories that were inside those walls. I felt so betrayed by both Henry and Jenny. I bit my lip before jumping out and ringing the intercom.

“Hello?” Harry answered.

“It’s Blair,” I said quietly, “can I come in?”

“Sure.” He sounded confused and hit the buzzer opening the gate.

I drove my car in and by the time I reached the door Harry was already standing there with it open.

“Is everything okay?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Can I stay?” I asked and he nodded.

“Course.” He closed the door and we stood awkwardly in the hallway.

“Wow.” I bit my lip looking around.

“Wow what?” he looked confused.

“Nothing,” I shook my head.

“Right.” He nodded slowly, “do you want tea?”

“Please.” I nodded following him into the kitchen I was so familiar with.

I sat on the barstools that I had picked out so long ago and watched as he moved around the kitchen pulling out the mugs Harry and I had brought together. It felt weird being back here. Harry placed the tea infront of me and leant on the counter looking at me curiously.

“So what brings you here?” he asked and I pursed my lips.

“I had to get out of my place.” I bit my lip holding the mug in my hands, “I didn’t even realise I was driving here till I got here.”

“Why did you have to get out?” he asked and I sighed.

“Jenny and Henry.” I bit my lip and he nodded, “I know it’s stupid but it feels like they are betraying me.”

“Why?” he asked standing upright, “do you have feelings for him?”

“No.” I shook my head, “he’s just my friend but I’ve slept with him you know?”

“I do.” He nodded, “I get why you’re upset but if they make each other happy then you should be happy for them B.”

“I feel like such a bitch sometimes.” I sighed drinking my tea, “like I don’t want anybody else to be happy because I’m not.”

“Why aren’t you happy?” he asked and I sighed.

“Can we not do this?” I asked, “can we just hang out?”

“Sure.” He nodded scratching the back of his neck, “I was just going to go to bed and watch a movie, but we can watch it in the lounge.”

I nodded and followed him into the lounge pausing at the door to look around. Like the kitchen it was still exactly the same, there were gaps on the shelves where pictures of us had been and he hadn’t bothered filling the space. For the first time I realized how hard it must have been for Harry after the break up, I had been in the house for barely an hour and I found it hard. There were memories in every part of the house and it felt like us. He’d wanted the house to feel like me, after I had left he was still surrounded by me whereas I just walked away and removed all things Harry from my immediate surroundings. Harry hadn’t had that luxury.

“Love Actually?” he asked and I nodded.

“I love this film.” I sat on the sofa curling my feet under me settling in for the film.

xxxx


I groaned waking up and stretching looking around confused. I was in a bed that wasn’t mine, I sat up and spotted a very familiar sofa in the corner, I was in Harry’s spare room. I must have fallen asleep during the movie. I stood up making the bed behind me, I looked around the room that I had rarely been in whilst living here. It was a keepsake room for Harry really with the bands records hanging on the walls, awards on the mantle piece and the sofa that they had used on stage in America, he had clamined it and Liam had claimed the one from the European tour. I ran my hand along the colourful fabric, there was writing on the side, a signature for every member of the crew on the tour including the band themselves. I then spotted my name, I hadn’t wanted to sign it but Harry had insisted arguing that it was his and he wanted my name on it as well.

Blair Monroe there was a heart next to it and under my last name Harry had written in brackets Styles. I had laughed at him and told him that I wouldn’t be Blair Styles for a long time, he’d shrugged and told me that it was inevitable, that one day I would be.

I traced the lettering for a moment before standing up and walking downstairs to see Harry making a pile of pancakes.

“Hey.” I approached him and he smiled.

“I was making you breakfast.” He told me and I smiled.

“Thanks.” I walked over to the kettle turning it on to make us tea, “for letting me stay and this.”

“No worries.” He shrugged, “it’s nice seeing you around here again.”

We looked at each other awkwardly before he spoke again.

“Surreal.” He chuckled, “but nice all the same.”

“It’s surreal but nice to be here.” I told him making our teas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of Liam in this one. He was the only person who hasn't expressed an opinion on Blair and Harry and I thought his insight might be interesting.

I know what I'm writing for the next three chapters and they are all quite exciting, however, due to my life being so shitty at the moment I'm going to see my sister this weekend so I'll probably do an update tonight and then maybe not again until Sunday.

I came up with an idea for a sequel to this is people are still interested in reading it after this part of their story. This story will probably only be about another 10-15 chapters. If people aren't interested I'll probably just write it for me :)

Peace.Love.IHaveALessonInAnHour