Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Harrys Birthday

“Pass the popcorn.” I held my hand out and Jenny handed me the bowl.

“I still can’t believe you haven’t gone out.” Jenny shook her head taking a sip of the beer.

“I’m not going out and getting drunk with Harry.” I shook my head, “that has bad idea written all over it.”

“But it’s his birthday!” she poked me and I rolled my eyes.

“Not until midnight it isn’t.” I laughed, “currently it is not his birthday.”

“Are you at least going out tomorrow night?” she asked and I shrugged.

“I haven’t decided.” I bit my lip trying to follow the movie we were watching, “are you out with Henry?”

“Maybe.” She bit her lip.

Things concerning Henry were on the awkward side still but after my little sleepover at Harry’s house I came back and Jen and I spoke about the situation. As long as I didn’t see them making out in the communal areas of the flat I was okay. She apologized for not telling me and I accepted it, I felt a tad hypocritical seeing as though I was withholding telling her about Harry but I reasoned that it was none of her business, she hadn’t slept with Harry so it wasn’t really the same thing.

“Why not?” I asked her and she shrugged.

“It feels like he’s ashamed of me,” she nibbled at her lip, “sorry, this is probably awkward for you.”

“No, it’s fine.” I smiled softly at her, “why do you think that?”

“With you, he just used to push you up against a wall and kiss you like he didn’t care what people thought.” She swigged her beer, “he doesn’t do that with me.”

“Maybe he cares about you more.” I told her, “maybe he gives a shit about you.”

“How am I meant to compare to you B?” she looked at me, “Henry liked you, you know? He wanted you to pick him over Harry. He would never admit it but he did. He used to look at you like you were the reason the world was turning.”

“He didn’t.” I shook my head, “Henry and I weren’t feelings, we were friends. Henry and I were nothing like Harry and I.”

“Why did you say that?” she scrunched her eyebrows together, “why did you bring up Harry?”

I bit my lip, I hadn’t meant to mention Harry and I didn’t even know why I did.

“I didn’t mean to,” I shook my head, “but I guess what I meant was that Harry and I had a relationship, Henry and I didn’t.”

“But you’re you.” She sighed and I shrugged.

“And you are you.” I swigged my beer, “Henry wouldn’t be with you if he didn’t want to be.”

“I guess I’m just self conscious.” She sighed.

“Don’t be,” I smiled at her, “you’re amazing.”

“Thanks B.” she laid her head on my shoulder, “I’m glad you’re back, even if it’s only for a little bit.”

“I’m glad I’m back too.” I told her, “it’s good to just chill out.”

“So you saw them all naked.” She turned to me and I grinned.

“I certainly did.” I giggled as her eyes widened.

“Were they…” she trailed off.

“Put it this way, I don’t think any would leave a girl feeling less than satisfied.” I chuckled.

“Who was the fittest?” she asked and I pursed my lips.

“Haz.” I told her, “I’m not just saying that either. He’s pretty much a god under those jeans and tshirt.”

“Really?” she grinned happy about the conversation.

“Definitely,” I chuckled, “best sex I have ever had has been with Harry. I know people have this theory that he’s secretly gay with Louis but one night with him and people would realise how wrong that is.”

“That good?” she chuckled and I nodded, “when was the last time you had sex with him?

I blushed and she gasped.

“When?” she gaped and I groaned.

“I’m not talking about this.” I shook my head, “I’m not breaking his trust.”

“Fine.” She huffed, “was it in Japan?”

I shook my head and she groaned.

“When?” she questioned and I pursed my lips together.

“We had drunk sex the night we went to Nicks house.” I admitted.

“Was it good?” she asked and I shrugged.

“I honestly don’t remember it.” I told her and she huffed.

“I want nasty Styles sex stories.” She pouted, “why won’t you tell me one? I know you have loads.”

“I do.” I nodded, “but they are my dirty sex stories, make your own.”

She laughed and we went back to watching the movie commentating as we went along. We were cackling with laughter at jokes that only the two of us would find funny, it was nice being home with her again. She was my best friend regardless if she was with Henry or not.

xxxx


“This better be good Styles.” I groaned as I answered the phone.

“You’re pretty you know.” He told me and I chuckled, “can I see you?”

“You’re drunk Harry.” I smiled, “where are you?”

“I’m seeing you.” He giggled into the phone and I rolled my eyes.

“Where are you Haz?” I asked.

“Outside your door, open up.” He told me, “it’s cold out here.”

He then hung up and I groaned before getting out of bed and quietly walking to the door, I was curious to see if he was actually here. If he was I didn’t really know what I was going to do with him. I opened the door to reveal Harry leaning against the wall with his arms crossed across his chest, I’d be lying if I said he didn’t look amazing.

“Let me in,” he pouted pushing me to the side and walking into the house, “ah your house is warm, like getting into a bath.”

“Why are you here Haz?” I asked.

He walked away from me and into my room rather than answer my question. I followed behind him and turned the light off before closing my door. Harry walked over to my picture board and ran his finger over the pictures till he got to the one of him and me he had taken the other day, he tapped it and grinned before turning back to me.

“I have been here for 10 minutes and you have yet to wish me a happy birthday, that doesn’t seem very fair does it?” he raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

“You woke me up!” I defended, “but happy birthday Haz, I hope you get everything you want.”

“So can I have a birthday kiss?” he grinned walking over to me.

“Harry.” I shook my head smiling, “no.”

“Why not?” he stopped infront of me and pouted causing me to giggle, “what if I ask nicely?”

“Harry, you’re drunk.” I told him and he pursed his lips.

“I’m not that drunk.” He huffed, “besides, it’s my birthday Blair. One kiss? Please?”

I sighed and rolled my eyes before leaning forward and going up on my tip toes to place a soft kiss on his lips. I went to pull away as he wrapped his arms around my waist holding me close to him.

“Why didn’t you come celebrate with me?” he asked softly and I shrugged.

“It didn’t seem like a good idea,” I looked up at him and he looked sad, “cheer up Haz, it’s your birthday remember?”

“Not a good idea?” he asked and I sighed, “why?”

“Because we’d go out and get drunk, in the morning we would wake up in bed with each other.” I shrugged, “not a good idea.”

“I fail to see any reason why we would be in bed with each other as a bad idea.” He smirked and I rolled my eyes, “honestly though B, you were the only person I wanted to see tonight.”

“Harry, don’t.” I shook my head, “we’re friends.”

“Then you should have been there, all my other friends were.” He pushed a piece of hair off my face, “I just want to be close to you.”

I didn’t say anything as I leant up and kissed him again, this time it was deeper and he held my face in his hands gently as he backed me up to the bed. We dropped down and I sighed as he pulled my top up, this had been why I hadn’t gone out and yet here I was anyway. I rolled over and pulled away.

“It feels wrong that you are drunk and I am sober.” I bit my lip.

“I’m not that drunk.” He shrugged, “the walk in the cold sobered me up.”

“The walk?” I asked and he nodded.

“I didn’t want the taxi knowing where I was going so I got him to drop me off at the pub around the corner.” He shrugged, “I’m feeling pretty sober Blair.”

“Really?” I sighed, “I don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Stop thinking.” He rolled his eyes, “it’s my birthday.”

He crashed his lips on mine and rolled us over pulling my tshirt off as he did. I moaned into the kiss as his hand went down my pjamma shorts. His mouth moved down my neck kissing and biting any skin he could find.

“Harry,” I arched my back into him and I felt him smile against my skin.

xxxx


I yawned stretching as I woke up, I looked down to see an arm around my waist. I sighed as I reached for my phone to check the time, I sat bolt up right causing Harry to groan and mumble into the pillow his face was buried in.

“Harry get up,” I shoved him and he mumbled before rolling over.

“It’s my birthday, be nice.” He yawned and I hit him again, “stop with the violence, I thought you said you had your casual violence issues under control!”

“I do.” I roll my eyes jumping out of bed and walking over to the mirror to inspect my hair, “however we are going to be late if you don’t get your ass out of bed.”

“Late for what?” he asked scrunching his eyebrows together.

“Happy surprise birthday breakfast.” I told him and he looked confused, “Louis is going to be at yours in about half an hour to pick you up to take you to breakfast. Get your ass out of bed, I need to get you to yours before he gets there and realizes you aren’t there.”

“This is a lot to take in first thing in the morning.” He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled on a big beige jumper and a pair of black leggings. I threw my hair up into what I hoped looked like a good messy bun. I applied some light make up before hitting Harry again.

“Get up!” I hissed at him before walking out to brush my teeth.

I walked back in and Harry was sat on the edge of my bed scrolling through twitter on his phone with a smile on his face.

“Birthday messages?” I asked and he nodded, “let’s go.”

I pulled on a pair of heeled chunky boots and grabbed my big black bag. He followed me out of the room as Jenny walked into the hallway with a cup of tea in her hand.

“Hey.” Harry waved and Jenny waved back before looking at me curiously.

“We have to go for birthday breakfast.” I told her.

“Uh huh.” She nodded, “Happy birthday Harry.”

“Thanks.” He grinned before walking out the door.

“You had sex!” she pointed at me and I laughed before walking away.

“See you later Jen!” I chuckled and I heard her laugh as I closed the door.

“So birthday breakfast?” he asked as I got in the car and I nodded.

“Do me a favour and text Louis,” I chucked him my phone, “just write; Boo, I’m dressed and ready so I’ll pick Haz up. I told him I’d come over for breakfast in the morning anyway so he’s expecting me. I’ll meet you there.”

“Nice work.” He grinned typing in the message, “should I be worried how well you lie?”

“Shut up.” I laughed, “I just need a reason for my car to be spotted at your house, the paparazzi are going to be all over you today.”

“You’re like a mastermind.” He chuckled, “I wouldn’t have even thought about explaining why you’re car was at mine.”

“At least one of us thinks things like this through.” I laughed.

“So what’s my present?” he asked looking at me with a grin on his face.

“I’m pretty sure you got it last night.” I smirked as I turned down another road.

Harry laughed at my response, I glanced over at him and smiled at how happy he looked. He was still in last nights clothes but he still looked amazing. He ran his hand through his hair and I remembered how I had done that just hours before whilst we were having sex.

“You can have your gift later.” I told him and he smiled.

“So last night wasn’t my gift?” he asked and I shook my head, “is it better than that?”

“Yep.” I nodded and he gasped playfully.

“Better than sex with Blair Monroe?” he teased, “nothing is better than that.”

“I know I’m pretty much a god in bed but this is better I promise.” I laughed and he grinned resting his head back on the seat.

“I’m glad I woke up next to you this morning.” He told me and I pursed my lips.

“Haz, it’s your birthday. Let’s not do this.” I pulled into his road and clicked the clicker for the gate before driving in.

xxxx


“Blair!” Harry grinned walking over to me.

“Hey Harry,” I gave him a hug, “happy birthday.”

“I can’t believe you came!” he grinned as I pulled away, he kept an arm around my waist.

“Course I came.” I smiled, “you’d only turn up at my door later anyway.”

“Are you saying that there will be a repeat of last night?” he asked dropping his head down to speak in my ear and I laughed whilst shrugging, “don’t tease Monroe, it’s not fair.”

“But it’s fun.” I laughed, “and that beats fair any day.”

He shook his head laughing and I reached up placing a kiss on his cheek but my lips landed dangerously close to his lips, he growled and I laughed.

“Let’s dance birthday boy!” I grabbed his hand stepping away from him and pulling out to where people were dancing.

I threw my hands in the air and laughed spinning around, he grinned reaching out and grabbing my waist pulling me to him.

“Blair,” he groaned as I swayed my hips against his, “I can’t do this.”

“You can.” I draped an arm over his shoulder, “because it’s fun Harry and you have to have fun on your birthday.”

“You aren’t just fun though Blair,” he chuckled, “you’re dangerous.”

“Aren’t all the best things in life?” I cocked my eyebrow at him.

“Once again, your dress is dangerous. Do you do this on purpose?” he asked and I smirked, “you did tonight didn’t you?”

“I didn’t want to let you down on your birthday.” I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

“You look beautiful.” He told me and I smiled.

“Thank you,” I stopped dancing, “you look pretty handsome yourself. Now lets go get a drink and sit with everyone. I want to give you your present.”

“That is an offer I can’t refuse.” He grinned and we walked over to the bar.

We got out drinks before walking over to where everyone was sat, I noticed Niall and grnned as I sat on his lap placing a lazy kiss on his cheek as he wrapped an arm around my waist holding me securely on his lap.

“Hey B.” he grinned and I smiled.

“Are you drunk already Niall?” I asked and he tutted.

“I’m irish, I don’t get drunk.” He scoffed, “I just drink until I’m completely sober again.”

“You’re not making sense so you are.” I laughed before turning to Harry, “your present.”

“My present.” He nodded.

I put my hand in my bag and pulled out a little card and handed it to him. He opened it curiously before gaping and grinning at me.

“What did she get you?” Niall asked and Harry handed him the photo, “what is it?”

“That would be the piano Chris Martin used on the Mylo Xyloto tour.” He grinned, “when we saw them in concert I said I loved it.”

“So I brought it for him.” I smiled, “I also got you something else but it isn’t here yet.”

“Something else?” he shook his head, “you don’t need to get me anything else ever.”

“Do you even play piano?” the girl sat the other side of us asked and I didn’t know her name.

“I can play a few songs,” he shrugged, “but it’s a piece of Coldplay history.”

“It’s a part of our history.” I said quietly and only Harry caught it as he flashed me a grin.

He stood up and pulled me with him, he grabbed me into a hug lifting me off the floor as his lips rested on my ear.

“You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now.” He told me and I giggled.

“Save it for later birthday boy,” I kissed his cheek as he set me down, “maybe we can squeeze in another round of birthday sex for you.”

I winked and he chuckled running a hand through his hair.

“Danger.” He shook his head pointing to me.

“Danger.” I pointed back at him and he laughed.

I reasoned that it was because it was his birthday. That it meant nothing more but as he laughed at something Niall had said I caught his eye and he gave me a smile that was so familiar. We were both getting into this too deep, this didn't just feel like a friendship anymore and it scared me what it might be turning into.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said this would be out last night but some stuff went down last night. I'm on the train to see my sister at the moment.

I can't decide if i like this chapter.

I will reply to any comments on this chapter on sunday :) I love reading what you guys think so thank you to everyone who comments.

Thank you to people who just read it to, silent readers are loved too. Maybe say hello? :D

Peace.Love.Heartbroken.