Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Blair & Louis

I bit my lip, nibbling at it as we both stared up at the sky in silence. The boxes of Chinese we had ordered were empty and discarded to the side of us and Harry was stroking my hair. We hadn’t spoken in about 20 minutes and it was comfortable, we both had a lot on our minds. I kept thinking about the look on Louis face when he walked into the room, it was breaking me apart knowing that he was that angry at me. The way he had looked at me in the hall was foreign to me, he had never looked at me with that much anger. I thought about how he had spoken to Harry and it made my blood start to boil. I sat bolt upright and I heard Harry let out a sound of shock.

“Are you okay?” he asked and I looked back at him.

“No.” I shook my head moving to the bottom of the bed, “I’m not. I’m not okay but I have to go.”

“Where are you going?” he asked propping himself up as I pulled on a jumper he had abandoned earlier over my tshirt.

“I have to go. I just…” I took a deep breath, “I just can’t do nothing Harry. I can’t sit here and pretend it’s all okay when it isn’t. We can’t happen Harry unless Louis is okay with it. I can’t lose him. I won’t lose him.”

“What are you saying?” he furrowed his eyebrows together.

“What I’m saying is that I’m going to go speak to him.” I pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

“I’ll grab my keys.” Harry nodded and I shook my head.

“I’m going alone Haz.” I told him, “this is something I have to do alone.”

“Blair.” His jaw tightened.

“I don’t need you to protect me Harry. Especially against Louis.” I cocked my head to the side, “it’s cute that you want to and that you did earlier today but that’s not me. You know that’s not me. I fight my own battles, I always have done. I’m going to go sort things with Louis out.”

“You don’t make me feel better when you talk about fighting and then say you’re off to sort things out with Louis.” Harry stood up in front of me.

“I’m going to fight Louis.” I told him, “there is no doubt in my mind that I’m going to have to fight him over this.”

“Blair.” He put his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m going Haz,” I went on my tip toes and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before walking away, I looked over my shoulder, “don’t wait up for me. I’m not coming back tonight.”

I walked through the kitchen and into the hallway grabbing my bag and rooting through it to find my keys. I grabbed them and walked over to my little mini and jumped in, I reversed out and noticed the cameras that were now outside, I furrowed my eyebrows together but ignored them not particularly caring why they were outside Harry’s house so late at night. I drove to Louis apartment building using my key to get into the garage and parking next to Louis. I walked to the elevator and rode it to the top floor, I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently as I waited to reach his apartment. I knocked about four times before he opened the door.

“Blair.” He sounded a bit surprised.

“Hey.” I walked past him.

“Come in.” he muttered and I rolled my eyes at him.

We stood looking at each other awkwardly for a while and I shifted uncomfortably.

“What are you doing here B?” he asked sighing and crossing his arms, “shouldn’t you be wrapped up in Styles’s arms?”

“Don’t talk about him as if you don’t know him Lou.” I threw my bag onto a chair and shrugged my jacket off.

“Nice jumper.” He eyed and I sighed.

“He’s your best friend Lou.” I put my hands on my hips.

“I’m surprised you’re here, shouldn’t Harry be here fighting your battles for you?” Louis said bitterly.

“Come off it Lou, you know I fight my own battles. Always have done.” I pursed my lips together, “whether you would want me to or not. If I remember correctly you have stepped in as Harry did today over me quite a few times.”

“That’s different.” Louis leant back on the sofa perching on the back of it.

“How?” I asked, “you both just want me to be okay. I fail to see how that makes you two different.”

“I’m your best friend Blair. I’m meant to protect you from people like him.” Louis shook his head.

“He’s your best friend too.” I pointed out, “so why are you only taking it out on him? Take it out on me Lou. Tell me how I’m not right for him. Tell me that I’m a bitch for messing him around these past months. Critizes me as well Lou. I’ve not been perfect.”

“Blair.” He sighed, “I know you haven’t been but…”

“No but Lou.” I shook my head, “get angry at me. Yell at me.”

“I’m not going to yell at you.” He shook his head.

“Why? You were fine with yelling at Haz!” I pursed my lips and Louis looked at the ground.

“How can you just forgive him B?” he looked up at me, “how are you okay with what he did?”

“Because he’s everything Lou.” I bit my lip, “are you telling me if El made a stupid mistake when she was like white girl wasted or whatever and then spent the next year trying to apologise for it you wouldn’t take her back? I punished him enough for the both of us Lou. I’ve been a bitch to him and he’s been a dick to me, I know that.”

“El is different.” He scuffed his shoe to the floor.

“I know how you feel Lou,” I pulled my hair out of my ponytail to run my hand through it, “remember that girl Jemma when we were in school?”

“The one that you slapped?” he asked a slight smile on his lips.

“Because I caught her making out with some guy when she was meant to be with you.” I said softly, “I get that this is what we do. We look out for each other and I know you aren’t doing this out of spite Lou, I really do but I’m begging you to stop being angry at me.”

“You’re like my sister B.” he shook his head at me, “I can’t see him hurt you again.”

“Why are you so sure that he will?” I asked and he sighed.

“Because this is Harry we are talking about.” He stood up walking to me, “why are you so sure he won’t?”

He took my hand in his and I played with his fingers.

“Nobody knows about this Lou, you can’t repeat it.” I looked at him and he nodded, “have you ever seen Harry cry Lou?”

“Yea.” He nodded looking confused, I knew he had and I knew he had found it as heartbreaking to see as I did.

“Have you ever seen someone cry silently?” I asked and he bit his lip, “he was crying like that one of the nights we were in America.”

“Why?” he looked confused.

“He didn’t understand why I would forgive him.” I bit my lip, “he didn’t even know I was awake to begin with. He was stroking my hair and I woke up and he was whispering into my skin and it wasn’t until my shoulder felt wet that I realized he was crying, just crying in silent.”

Louis bit his lip.

“I asked him why and he said he didn’t deserve me.” I said softly, “do you remember what you said to me when my first boyfriend broke up with me, when he told me he deserved better than someone like me, someone so obviously broken.”

“I told you to be with someone who didn’t think they deserved you.” Louis said quietly and I took a step closer to him resting my head on his shoulder.

“That is why I know he won’t do it again Lou.” I told him, “he won’t do it again because he regrets it so badly. He doesn’t think I should be with him. He doesn’t think he deserves me. He’s sat up and cried over it. He cares Louis, he really does. He won't hurt me again.”

“What if he does though?” Louis asked pressing his lips to my temple.

“What if he doesn’t?” I shook my head, “I can’t live like that Louis. Harry and I are all in on this, this is forever Louis. I won’t lose him again and I know he doesn’t want to ever lose me either. We grew up Lou and we’re ready for our forever. I have never been more certain about us.”

“Wow.” He said quietly, “you sound so sure.”

“That’s because I am.” I met his eyes and he reached forward wiping a tear from my eye that I hadn’t realized had fallen.

“Please don’t cry.” He said quietly.

“I can’t do this with him if you hate it though Louis.” I bit my lip, “I so want to do this Louis. I want to be with Harry. I’m so scared that you’re going to continue being angry and I’m going to have to walk away from him. That I’m going to lose him or lose you.”

“You won’t lose either of us B.” he wrapped his arms around me, “please stop crying over my stupid anger.”

I clung to him, I stopped crying but we stood their holding each other not talking. It was serene, neither of us talking was strange for us. Louis was never silent and that just made the moment mean more.

“I promise that I won’t be angry anymore.” Louis whispered in my hair, “it might take me some time to be happy about it but I won’t stop you. I love you Blair and you know I just want you to be happy.”

“Thank you Lou.” I snuggled closer to him.

“I suppose you need to run back to him now though.” Louis sighed and I shook my head.

“No.” I looked up at him, “fancy a sleepover?”

“With you?” he asked a smile on his face as he pushed a piece of hair off my face, “always Blair. Always.”

xxxx


“LOUIS!” I screamed and he laughed.

“Chill out B.” he dropped onto the sofa next to me, “it was just a film.”

“A fucking scary film.” I groaned, “why do you always do this to me?”

“I find it funny that as kick ass as you are you still get this scared over a film.” Louis grinned and I shoved him.

“Shut up!” I rolled my eyes, “wait, you think I’m kick ass?”

“Oh yea.” He nodded, “when you walked in that door I definitely thought you were going to kick my ass.”

“Oh.” I pursed my lips together before laughing, “is that a good thing?”

“I think so.” He nodded, “I wonder how Taylor thinks of you?”

“She hates me,” I chuckled, “I had a bit of a spat with her backstage at Ed’s concert.”

“You didn’t!” his eyes went wide and I laughed at his expression, he was such a girl when it came to gossip.

“I did.” I bit my lip smiling, “she told me that song was about me as much as it was Harry.”

“You were trouble!” he pointed excitedly and I laughed nodding.

“So I’ve been told.” I grinned and he laughed, “I told her she could write all the songs she wanted about me but I’d destroy her if she dragged Harry through the mud.”

“Course you did.” Louis chuckled, “people think Harry and I are the fiercely protective ones when really you’re the little Rottweiler.”

“I am not!” I gasped and he nodded.

“You slapped a girl over me Blair.” He pointed out, “a number of times. I swear that was the reason girls stopped wanting to be with me. They were scared of you.”

“Lucky I love El right?” I chuckled and he nodded.

“So what would you like to do next for our sleepover night?” Louis asked and I grinned.

“I think you know what I want to do.” I stood up and he laughed.

“Everytime?” he asked and I nodded.

“It’s tradition!” I exclaimed and he nodded.

“I guess it is.” He looked around the room, “right, how big are we going?”

“I don’t know Boo, how big can we go do you rekon?” I asked and he chuckled.

“Do you rekon we can beat the tent of 09?” he asked and I sighed.

“That was a beauty.” I nodded remembering the night we had spent constructing the ultimate fort, “your mum was so pissed off.”

“That would be because she no longer had a lounge.” Louis chuckled.

“If we had done it at mine nobody would have even noticed.” I rolled my eyes, “I’m sure Louise would have allowed it.”

“Louise was cool, is she still working for your dad?” Lou asked referring to the live in housekeeper I had growing up who was really just there to make sure I was alive when my Dad was away.

“I think so.” I nodded, “I think she’s looking after the house in Chamonix though.”

“God I haven’t been skiing in ages.” Louis groaned moving the sofa to the side to create room.

“I know.” I sighed, “I miss boarding so badly.”

“You used to be really good.” He ducked as I threw a pillow at his head.

“Less of the used to.” I pouted and he laughed.

“I wish we could just go for the weekend or something.” Louis sighed and I opened my mouth, “what?”

“Why don’t we?” I asked jumping onto the sofa excitedly, “we can use my house and we could just go. You guys don’t have anything on for like 5 days.”

“When would we go?” Louis asked grinning.

“You have rehearsals tomorrow so we could catch a late flight and be there tomorrow night.” I jumped up and down.

“We have to ring everyone!” he dived for the phone and I laughed.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Jen’s number but before I hit call I heard Louis.

“Stop being asleep Styles!” Louis was as high as a kite, “your girlfriend is taking us away for like 5 days! Fucking skiing bro!”

I smiled as I watched him bounce around the room and my phone buzzed.

I take it from the way Louis is being with me on the phone all is okay?

I took care of it. Now go pack those thermals, I don’t want any part of you getting frostbite ;)

Don’t try and make frostbite sound sexy. Though I can’t wait to see you being a snowbunny. Wanna make some snow angels with me?

I grinned at my phone and realized I needed to call Jenny.

“This better be fucking good.” She groaned and I laughed, “you sound way too awake for how late it is.”

“I’m taking you on holiday be more grateful.” I laughed and she sighed.

“It is too late or early or whatever for you to be cryptic.” She sighed, “specifics Blair.”

“I’m taking you snowboarding.” I told her

“OR SKIING!” Louis yelled out and I chuckled.

“Or skiing if you’re a complete twat.” I rolled my eyes ducking at the throw cushion Louis threw at me, I flipped him off and he cackled with laughter before ringing Niall. He held the phone away from his ear and I assumed he was getting a very angry irish man on the phone.

“I’ve never been before B.” she told me and I bit my lip.

“So?” I shrugged, “I’ll teach you, I’m amazing at teaching and I have loads of clothes at the house so just pack warm stuff and you can use my stuff.”

“I don’t know.” She sighed.

“You’re coming, I wasn’t ringing to ask. I was ringing to tell.” I beamed, “see you tomorrow beautiful.”

I hung up and ran over to Louis jumping on his back happily.

“Shall I ring Zayn?” I asked and he nodded.

“Shut up Niall.” Louis rolled his eyes, “you’re coming and it’s final. You’ll love the après, it’s all about the drinking. Yea, I thought that would appeal to you.”

“ZAYN!” I cooed down the phone in the reponse to the grunt I received as an answer.

“You better have gotten arrested or something.” Zayn moaned and I laughed.

“We’re going on holiday tomorrow.” I told him and he groaned.

“No. We aren’t. We are sleeping.” He told me and I laughed.

“We’re snowboarding.” I told him.

“OR SKIING!” Louis called out again glaring at me.

“No.” Zayn groaned, “I don’t do snow B. I stay inside when it snows in England, I’m not seeking it out.”

“You are.” I whined, “for me Zayn? I haven’t spent any quality time with you in forever.”

“We’re going on a world tour I’m sure I can squeeze you in then.” He retorted and I whined, “don’t do that.”

“Do what?” I whined and he growled.

“That voice.” He huffed.

“Please Zayn.” I pouted and he groaned.

“You owe me so fucking big for this.” He said before hanging up as I let out as squeal of celebration.

“Liam is in to.” Louis told me, “we just need to book flights and we are set.”

“We are like the best team ever.” I said as we high fived.

“We just gifted a holiday upon them,” he beamed, “a spontaneous one!”

“An adventure.” I pointed at him and he nodded his grin widening.

“We’re going to give them the best fucking adventure of their lives and then they will never want to go on a holiday we haven’t organized!” Louis jumped up and down, “this is going to be the best couple of days ever.”

“Oh hell yea!” I jumped onto the sofa, “we will be boarding.”

“Or skiing.” He narrowed his eyes jumping next to me as we pretended to do each sport.

“The sun.” I gestured to the ceiling.

“The snow.” He gestured to the floor.

“The fucking dream team.” I highfived him and we burst out laughing falling onto the sofa.
Louis grinned looking over at me.

“I’m glad we’re okay.” He told me linking our pinkies together.

“We will always be okay Lou.” I rested my head on his shoulder.

“We will.” He nodded, “because we are…”

“THE FUCKING DREAM TEAM!” we yelled out together before bursting out laughing.

We laid around talkinh about our plans before finally booking the flights. I sent my dad a text telling him we'd be going out there and to let Louise know. Louis and I then spent about an hour choosing his outfits before falling into his bed. I rolled over as he curled around me wrapping his arms around my waist and his face snuggled into the back of my neck.

"Thank you for someing over." he said quietly.

"Thank you for listening." I laced our fingers together, "it will be okay, right Lou?"

I looked over my shoulder at him and he kissed my forehead.

"I'm sure it will be," he told me, "but even if it doesn't work out you'll still have me. We'll always have each other Blair. I'm sorry I reacted like I did."

"It's fine Boo, it just means you care." i snuggled into him, "and I could never be mad at you for caring. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"It's alright, I get why you didn't." he squeezed me tightly, "I love you Blair Louise Monroe."

"I love you too Louis William Tomlinson." i smiled, "I really do."
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do we think now?

I love how you guys care about them as much as I do. It makes me beyond happy.

Did anyone enjoy the Harry Styles jokes on the Brits tonight a little too much? When he did his face in the programme it made me laugh outloud. Their performance was insane and the new video is literally happiness in a video. I'm in One Direction overload.

Peace.Love.HomeTomorrow