Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Henry

“Blair.” Harry stroked the hair off my face.

“5 more minutes.” I groaned rolling away from him.

“I made you tea and waffles.” He told me and I smiled, “wake up.”

I opened my eyes slowly rubbing the sleep away as I yawned, I sat up and Harry sat next to me cross legged with a tray of waffles and tea. I then noticed the paper folded next to him and frowned.

“I haven’t read it yet.” He said softly, “thought we’d eat something first.”

“I need to know what it says.” I sighed and Harry nodded.

“I know but we should eat first.” He told me and I groaned, “for me?”

“You’re so annoying.” I huffed reaching for the waffles.

“Yes me making you waffles in bed is annoying.” He rolled his eyes and I giggled licking the chocolate sauce off the fork.

“Did you peek?” I asked eating another bite of my waffle.

“No.” he shook his head, “we should do it together.”

“I wonder what he’s said.” I bit my lip looking at the paper.

“I keep trying to think of what he would say that would be interesting enough.” Harry took a sip of his tea, “though I suppose that because it’s about us they don’t care how interesting it is.”

“I suppose.” I nodded eating the last bite of my waffle, “I rekon he mentions me and him being together.”

“What though?” Harry cocked his head to the side and I bit my lip.

“He knows I got off on the fact you hated us together.” I drank some of the tea, “I’m sorry if you have to read anything that you didn’t need to know, just know that I love you so much.”

“I know.” Harry gave me a small, “besides, you’re going to have to listen to a whole album written about me!”

“This is true.” I chuckled nervously.

“Ready?” Harry moved the tray and we both put our teas on the side as he opened the paper.

’They are toxic together’ friend of Blair Monroe says their relationship is anything but perfect.

Henry Goodman has been a close friend of Harry Styles lady love Blair Monroe for about a year. He met her when she was no longer with Styles. ‘Blair was in a dark place, she didn’t care who she was getting with as long as it stopped her thinking about him.’ Henry spoke about Blair’s promiscuous ways, ‘she wasn’t a slut, she toned it down when we met each other. We were friends with benefits I guess. She told me everything on her mind.’

‘I was shocked when I saw they had gotten back together but not completely surprised. They were one of those couples that even when they weren’t together they were. He was all she could think about even when she didn’t want to.’ He revealed. Henry went on to explain that Blair got off on the fact Styles hated the pair together, ‘when she told me she had told Harry about us being together she happily explained to me just how angry he was with the situation. She wanted to get back at him for hurting her. They are both as bad as each other.”

Styles and Monroe never explained why they broke up and Henry didn’t divulge the specifics as to the exact reason but made it clear that it was Styles who had hurt Monroe.

‘I felt sorry for Taylor Swift.’ Henry remarked, ‘we were both just pawns in their games with each other. Harry always made it clear that he wanted Blair back even when he was with Taylor. Blair tried to make it clear that if he was with Taylor she wasn’t interested, they fought about it quite a bit. It didn’t help that Taylor hated Blair and made digs at her. Blair doesn’t take things laying down.”

“Will their relationship last? No, I don’t think it will. They both love each other which is obvious to anyone but they are completely toxic together. When Blair spoke about their relationship it was obvious they are very dependent on each other almost to the point of obsession. They are both fiery personalities and are stubbon so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were fighting already. Blair will turn up at my door crying at some point, she’ll walk out on the boys because that’s what she does. She learnt how to do that from an early age.” Henry’s evaluation of their relationship is brutally honest taken from his lengthy conversations with Blair.


I stood up and threw the paper on the bed I was so angry and hurt.

“Blair.” Harry stood up and I shook my head, “I know how you feel.”

“How fucking dare he!” I snapped, “how dare he pass comment on things he knows nothing about. Half of that is a load of shit that he’s made up from small comments, blown it all completely out of proportion.”

“Blair calm down.” He put his hands on my arms.

“No.” I shook my head, “I’m having a shower and I’m going over there.”

“No you’re not.” Harry followed me into the bathroom.

“Yes I am.” I turned the shower on.

“No you are not.” Harry crossed his arms and I spun around to him.

“Don’t you dare tell me what to do Harry.” I shook my head, “I am pissed off with people trying to make me into a better person. I am going round there and I am going to fucking kill him.”

“Blair.” Harry sighed.

“I couldn’t give a shit if people see me, they can take all the fucking pictures they want I don’t care this is who I am. I get shit sorted my way.” I felt my jaw tighten, “this is who I am Harry.”

“I know.” He nodded, “I know it is B but I can’t let you go round there.”

“Well I am.” I told him.

“I’m coming with you.” He told me and I shook my head, “if you get to kick the shit out of him so do I.”

“Harry.” I shook my head.

“What? Is it only okay for you?” he raised an eyebrow and I bit my lip.

I huffed and got in the shower. I washed quickly, brushed my teeth and pulled on my clothes. Harry was in the shower and I bit my lip before grabbing my bag and walking down the stairs silently. I got in my car and drove away pulling in to send him a quick text.

I’ll meet you at the o2

I shoved my phone in my bag before driving towards where Henry lived, I parked the car and looked at the door. I got out and walked up the path and knocked on the door, Dave answered the door and held his hands up.

“I had no idea, trust me.” Dave told me and I nodded.

“Is he in?” I asked and Dave pursed his lips, “he is.”

I pushed past him and went straight to his room banging on the door.

“Open the fuck up now.” I carried on hammering on the door.

The door opened and Henry stood in just his boxers leaning against the door with a smirk on his face. I slapped him across the face so hard it made my hand hurt and his whole body moved to the side.

“Fuck.” He cussed grabbing his face in his hands stepping away from the door.

“You’re fucking lucky Harry isn’t here if he was it would be a hell of a lot worse than a fucking slap you complete asshole.” I glared at him.

“Blair.” He backed away from me as I walked into his room.

“I trusted you.” I poked his chest, “I cared about you.”

“No you didn’t” his face hardened, “all you have ever cared about is him.”

“I love him.” I shook my head, “why the hell did you do this?”

“It was all the truth Blair.” He crossed his arms, “that’s why you are so angry.”

“No I’m angry because you are a complete twat and I fucking hate you.” I told him and he looked shocked, “oh I’m sorry was I meant to come running round here declaring my undying love for you after all you said about me? Come off it. You knew I was going to hate you over this. You broke my trust and I hope you burn in fucking hell.”

“You don’t mean that,” Henry shook his head.

“I do.” I assured him, “I wanted to come over here after you hurt Jen but didn’t, thought I’d stay out of it and maybe you’d apologise and we could stay friends. But then you have done this. I just don’t understand why you would. Why you would want to do this to me, say those things for everyone to read. Do you not think being with Harry is hard enough sometimes? Do you know what it’s like to have cameras everywhere you go? Have people who don’t know you talking about you? That’s my life Henry and you just made it ten times worse. You don’t know about Harry and I and the fact you can sit there and act like you do makes me feel sick.”

“I do know.” He told me.

“You know what a drunk and bitter version of myself thought.” I rolled my eyes, “Harry and I are happy together, we don’t argue really and we’re good together. He is all the best parts of me.”

“Blair.” Henry bit his lip.

“I don’t know why I’m defending my relationship to you,” I shook my head, “I came here to tell you how much I hated you. How I want you to hurt in the worst possible way.”

“I was angry.” Henry sighed.

“Well now I am.” I hissed at him, “I have never hated someone so much in my entire life. You abused my trust, I hate you so much I can’t even explain it to you.”

“Blair, I’m sorry I hurt you.” He reached out to my arm and I slapped him across the face again.

“You digust me.” I spat at him, “never come near any of my friends again. You are the most disgusting person I have ever met.”

I spun on my heel and left, Dave waved as I walked past and I nodded at him. I opened the door slamming it behind me and walked back to my car. My phone was buzzing and I pulled it out to see Harry’s name flashing.

“Hello.” I answered.

“You’re there aren’t you?” he sighed and I bit my lip, “why couldn’t you just listen to me?”

“I’ll meet you at the 02,” I told him, “I’ve dealt with him.”

“Come home, we should go together.” He sighed.

“Home?” I chuckled.

“Just come back to me,” he sighed, “I can not believe you.”

He hung up and I bit my lip before driving back to Harry’s house. I got out the car as he locked the door and walked past me into the car. I sighed biting my lip as I walked to the side getting in the passenger side. Harry started driving and I watched him curiously, his jaw was tightened and his knuckles were turning white on the wheel.

“On a scale of 1 to 10 how angry are you right now?” I asked and Harry sighed.

“I’m hitting about an 8.” He told me, “it’s only that low because you’re wearing perfume and it’s making me want to kiss you. But it’s a solid 8.”

“I’m sorry Haz,” I put my hand on his arm, “I really am.”

“This wasn’t just your fight Blair.” He looked over at me as we reached the traffic lights, “it was mine as well.”

“Harry I needed to do it alone.” I bit my lip.

“What about what I needed? Or does that not matter?” he shook his head indicating into the underground carpark under the venue.

“Course it does.” I unbuckled my seatbelt getting out the car, “Harry.”

I met him round his side and he leant back on his car as I put my hands on his waist.

“I am sorry.” I told him and he sighed.

“I know.” He ran a hand through his hair, “please tell me you at least slapped him.”

“Twice.” I smiled slightly and Harry chuckled lowly.

“Right, well I probably would have gone for a punch myself but…” he bit his lip and took my face in his hands, “I don’t mean to be angry B, I just hate the idea of you being in a room with him without me there.”

“Henry wouldn’t hurt me.” I sighed shaking my head and my words, “physically at least.”

“I’m so sorry I couldn’t stop this going out.” Harry rested his forehead against mine, “you have no idea what an overwhelming feeling I have to protect you.”

“I think I do.” I chuckled softly, “I would genuinely hurt someone if they as much as touched a hair on your beautiful head.”

“That’s cause my hair is amazing.” Harry smirked and I laughed.

“Are we good?” I bit my lip nervously and Harry laughed softly.

“Blair we were never not good.” He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him, “I was just angry.”

“I’m sorry I made you angry.” I told him looking up at him.

“I’m sure you can think of a way of making it up to me,” he winked and I laughed.

“I can think of one or two ways.” I leant up and mumbled into his lips.

One of his hands rested on the back of my neck holding my head as he kissed me, I smiled into the kiss before kissing him back and lacing my finger through his hair tugging at it softly. We stood kissing for a while completely losing ourselves in each other and it made me happy that we could still do that.

“Oi you two! There are children around!” A voice called and I turned around a grin forming on my lips.

“Grimmy!” I laughed as I walked to meet him halfway, he pulled me into a hug.

“How is my favourite tabloid specticale?” he asked and I pursed my lips, “too fresh?”

“Yea.” I nodded and he shrugged.

“What can you do? Sorry babe.” He kissed my forehead and Harry grabbed him into a hug.

“I can’t believe you came.” Harry chuckled as he pulled away.

“Just cause you don’t listen to my show doesn’t mean I’m petty enough to do the same to you.” Nick told him and Harry rolled his eyes.

“I catch the end of the show,” he defended, “but I am not getting up early every morning to listen to the whole thing.”

“Whatever.” Nick rolled his eyes, “they are looking for you two but I see you were busy.”

Harry chuckled as he threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side.

“We were.” I nodded and Nick laughed.

“I forgot how affectionate you two are sometimes.” Nick shook his head.

“Are you jealous?” I asked Nick, “cause I can always come snuggle you.”

“What about the kisses?” Nick sighed and I shrugged.

“I’m sure we could get Harry drunk enough.” I laughed as Harry shook his head at us.

“Maybe we should!” Nick clapped and Harry groaned.

“There is not enough alcohol in the world.” Harry patted his shoulder, “sorry man”

Nick, Harry and I walked into the green room and Louis flew at me.

“I love you.” He kissed my cheeks and I giggled.

“I love you too Lou.” I smiled and he hugged me tight.

“How are you?” he asked and I shrugged.

“It’s your first show of tour so I’m excited.” I gave him a smile and he frowned.

“That’s not what I was meaning.” He huffed and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m all the emotions you think I am Lou.” I sighed, “but we are not dwelling.”

“Blair slapped him.” Harry said holding a water bottle in his hand, “twice.”

“Twice?” Zayn laughed, “good going Monroe.”

“Thanks.” I chuckled, “I went to see him and it kind of happened.”

The boys questioned me over what happened and I told them, Harry moved towards me as I began speaking and wrapped his arms around me from behind his head resting on mine. I knew he was still angry but I couldn’t blame him, Henry had said some horrible things about us. I pulled my phone out and went on twitter to see what people were saying but Louis tweet appeared on my phone.

It’s sad when someone puts their trust in a friend and they break it. It’s not big or clever to hurt your friends #GetSomeClass

I bit my lip scrolling down and seeing Niall’s tweet.

I’ve been shocked today at how low some people will go for attention especially when it includes hurting someone so lovely.

“You guys shouldn’t be commenting on it.” I sighed and they shrugged, “it won’t make a difference.”

“We can’t not comment on it B.” Louis passed me a cup of tea, “it’s not right.”

“What are people saying to you?” Nick asked and I bit my lip looking at my mentions.

“Is this really a good idea?” Harry asked and I bit my lip.

“Probably not but I’m doing it anyway.” I scrolled down and Harry held me tightly almost waiting for me to break down.

@Blairr your ‘friend’ Henry is a real piece of work huh?

Can you believe the things they wrote about @Blairr and @Harry_Styles today? That guy sounds bitter as hell.

I thought @Blairr and @Harry_Styles were perfect together…apparently not.

So maybe @Blairr is more of a bitch that we realized.


“No more.” Harry took the phone from my hands.

“Harry it was one person.” I sighed and he shook his head.

“Please B, not tonight.” He sighed, “not before tonight.”

“Harry,” I started but was interrupted at the door opened.

“Oh Blair.” Anne walked straight past her son and pulled me into a hug, “that horrible boy.”

“I know.” I hugged her back and she stroked my back softly.

“If you want to get away you know where I am.” She told me as we pulled apart, “you are always welcome, there is always a bed for you at home.”

“Yea, mine.” Harry smirked but dropped it after seeing the look his mum gave him, “sorry mum.”

“Come here.” She shook her head laughing at her son.

He hugged her and she was whispering in his ear as the door opened revealing Jay. Both Lou and I squeaked before running towards the door to meet her. She laughed hugging us both at the same time in a rather squished three way hug.

“I didn’t know you were coming!” Louis exclaimed.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” I grinned as she shook her head at us.

“How long our you staying for?” Louis asked.

“You can stay at mine if you want?” I offered.

“Are we going for breakfast tomorrow?” Louis questioned.

“Can you make your waffles with chocolate in the batter?” I asked.

“Yea, I like Blair’s suggestion.” Louis nodded.

Jay shook head head laughing at the two of us.

“I swear you two do not change,” she sighed, “I wanted it to be a surprise, just for tonight I’m heading home tomorrow afternoon, yes we can have breakfast and I will make waffles. Thank you Blair but I’m all checked into a lovely hotel. I think that was all the answers to your questioning.”

“I’ve missed you.” I laughed hugging her again.

“Ah so have I.” Louis bounced up and down joining the hug.

“I’ve missed you both as well.” She laughed hugging us.

We pulled away and I noticed Harry with his arm around him mum as they stood watching our exchange with smiles on their faces. The other boys mothers had also arrived and the room was filled with excited chatter. Jay tugged at my hand as Louis went to get her a drink.

“I read the paper.” She gave me a small smile.

“It’s fine.” I shrugged.

“It’s not.” She rubbed my arm softly, “you don’t have to be strong all the time Blair, you have every right to be hurt about it.”

“I can’t think about it,” I told her softly, “we have two shows to do today and I know if I lose it then both Harry and Louis won’t go on.”

Jay nodded completely agreeing that the pair definitely wouldn’t leave my side if I broke down over the situation, I just had to push it to the side and move past it. Today was so much bigger than Henry’s hurtful words. Today the boys kicked off on their most amazing tour yet and they were all laughing and smiling as they spoke to their mums. I kissed Jay on the cheek before walking over to Harry and Anne who were talking to Nick, as I neared them Harry held a hand out to me which I took lacing our fingers together. He held his arm up and I let go lacing my other hand allowing him to rest his arm around my shoulders, he pressed a kiss to my temple as Nick told Anne about mine and his performance on his counter top after the brits.

“Why do you never invite me to these things?” Anne asked Harry who shook his head at her.

“That is never happening.” He told her, “you’re my mum.”

“I’ll invite you Anne.” Nick grinned as Harry groaned.

Anne laughed and I looked up at Harry who even though he was groaning had a smile on his face. He glanced down at me noticing me looking at him his smile widened before he pressed a soft kiss to my lips. I heard Anne let out an aw sound and I blushed which caused Nick and Harry to laugh. I shook my head at them looking at my feet. Harry was happy though and that was all that mattered, he squeezed my shoulder every now and again and I knew that he was still angry and hurt but he was doing what I was doing, trying to move past it all and concentrate on today. He leant down and his lips grazed my ear softly.

“Lay with me under the stars tonight?” he asked and I nodded.

“Always Haz.” I looked up at him and he pressed his forehead to me, “always.”

I knew we’d talk about how we were feeling then and as I looked in his eyes I knew he knew that as well and it was almost like a weight was lifted from both of our shoulders. We had to get through the day and then we could talk about it and just knowing that we would was a relief. I needed to vent, to ramble and I didn’t know what I would say but I knew it was all inside me bubbling away and Harry was the only person who would listen and accept what I said even if it didn’t make any sense. Harry and I had tha in common, sometimes we just needed someone to listen.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you think?

I think I'm going to try and wind this story down soon :(

Thank you for all your lovely comments and I can not believe how many people read and subscribe to this story, it blows my mind every time I see the number.

I don't always do this but I have a story I think you guys should check out, Love Notes because it's an amazing story and I can't believe it doesn't have more readers!

Anyway please let me know what you think of the chapter...or of life in general I love reading a fun fact or two!

Peace.Love.CremeEggsAreMyWeakness