Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Leaving Jenny

“I’m going to miss this.” I blew the smoke out and Jenny chuckled.

“I’m pretty sure you can do weed wherever you are B.” she took the joint off me and I rolled my eyes.

“I meant being with you, you twit.” I shook my head and she burst out laughing.

“Twit?” she looking at me laughing hysterically, “oh Blair Monroe you have well and truly lost it.”

“Shut up.” I laughed sipping on the jack and coke that was next to me, “but seriously Jen. I’m going to miss you.”

“You say it like I’m not going to see you for ages.” Jenny shook her head, “I’m seeing you in two weeks.”

“I know.” I sighed, “I just hate how we never really get time together.”

“We have now.” Jenny handed me the joint.

“We do indeed.” I took a drag on the joint, “so what are we doing tonight?”

“How early do you have to be up?” she cocked her eyebrow at me and I shrugged.

“I don’t have to be to the next venue till the day after tomorrow but I need to be in the hotel tomorrow night.” I bit my lip, “so whenever.”

“Do you want to go out?” she asked and I bit my lip glancing at the ring on my finger.

“Do I want to go out?” I raised an eyebrow at her and she nodded, “I can’t believe you even had to ask.”

She squealed and we both fell over ourselves rushing into our rooms finding something to wear. I pulled on a black dress with a seethrough panel in the front and met Jenny in the lounge to do our hair and make up together. She was in a red dress and she had a pair of black heels in her hand. I turned on the music on the player and we started singing along as we continued drinking. I was packed already so I wasn’t worried about that. Tonight was all about Jenny and I, I grabbed my phone and took a picture of us together grinning before uploading it to twitter.

Last night in London so @JennyJay and I are off out to make the most of it. #GirlsNightOut

Jenny’s phone buzzed and she grabbed it laughing and typing into it.

Last night out with my best friend #GoHardOrGoHome @Blairr can you still go as hard as you used to? ;)

I laughed and shook my head as the tweets from directioners started flowing in. I didn’t look as I didn’t want it to effect me either way. I noticed Jenny glancing through them and she didn’t seem angry at anything so I assumed people were being nice.

“Let’s go.” I grinned as I took the shot of tequila Jenny had poured.

“We are not drunk enough yet.” She laughed pouring another four shots.

I laughed as I did them and poured myself another drink and necked that. We were eventually buzzed enough and we jumped into the taxi to head to a club. We got out the cab and Jenny groaned about the line and I laughed as I took her hand in mine and strode to the front of the line. I flashed a smile at the bouncer and he raised an eyebrow at me.

“And you are?” he asked.

“She’s with me.” A voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw Justin and I grinned.

“Inside.” He nodded and I pulled Jenny along.

“That’s Justin Bieber, you do know that right?” she asked and I nodded.

“I kissed him once.” I told her and her eyebrows shot up, “what?”

“Where you just never going to mention it?” she laughed and I shrugged.

“It never came up in conversation.” I laughed and she rolled her eyes.

“Have fun yea?” Justin put his hand on my back.

“Thanks for getting us in.” I smiled and he shrugged.

“No worries, how’s Haz?” he asked and I grinned.

“Good.” I nodded, “I’m glad you two are friends.”

“He’s a good guy.” He pushed his hands in his pockets, “you two good?”

“Yea.” I nodded, “we’re really good.”

“So you don’t need to kiss me again?” he asked laughed and I shook my head.

“Nope.” I laughed.

“Damn,” he sighed, “if he messes up again you know where I am.”

“Alright.” I grinned and he hugged me.

“Give me a call if you need anything yea?” he told me as he pulled away and I nodded.

He walked off and Jenny grabbed my hand.

“So he’s into you.” She laughed and I shook my head.

“Nah, him and Harry are friends now.” I told her, “he’s a good guy though.”

“Right well come on.” She pulled me through the crowd and I laughed.

We were right in the middle of the floor and everyone was dancing. I threw my hands in the air and Jenny did the same. I was dancing when someone grabbed my waist and pulled me to them. I pushed them away and shook my head, the guy retreated and I noticed that Jenny was dancing with someone. I grinned dancing on my own until I needed a drink. I mimed it to Jenny who nodded and waved me off. I laughed to myself and walked over to the bar and waited to be served.

“You look so familiar.” A guy said next to me, I didn’t look over, “why do you looke familiar?”

“I don’t know.” I smiled politely at him before turning back.

“Oh yea, you’re the next girl I’m sleeping with.” He grabbed my arm and I snatched it away, “come on gorgeous.”

“Get off me.” I shook my head and moved away from him.

“Dance with me.” He pulled at my arm.

“Get off me.” I snapped at him.

“Come on.” He tugged me again and then he was shoved away.

“She said no.” Justin glared at the guy.

“Aren’t you that kid with the hair?” The guy laughed.

“I’m the kid that’s going to kick your ass if you don’t back up.” Justin glared.

“JB,” a guy I didn’t know put his hand on Justin’s shoulder, “come on.”

“What’s she to you anyway man?” the guy asked.

“She’s my friends fucking girlfriend.” Justin glared at him dispite being pulled back.

“Justin, it’s fine.” I gave him a small smile.

“Sorry.” He gave me a sheepish smile, “he was all over you.”

“It’s fine.” I sighed, “guys like him don’t deserve your time let alone a reaction.”

“You don’t deserve them being all over you.” He leant next to me at the bar.

“Yea well he isn't the first and probably won’t be the last.” I chuckled lightly.

“I know I shouldn’t have reacted like that, I just know that Harry would protect my girl.” He shrugged, “if I had a girl.”

“Thank you.” I told him, “honestly.”

“So a drink yea?” he changed the subject and I nodded.

He ordered our drinks and we stood at the bar talking for a while. Jenny arrived with her arm wrapped round some guy. She told him to stay and walked over to me.

“Do you mind?” she gestured and I laughed.

“Course not.” I patted her arm.

“I know it’s a girls night but…” she bit her lip.

“You haven’t gotten laid in like forever.” I finished and she blushed glancing at Justin who just chuckled.

“Well yea.” She nodded and I laughed.

“Go right ahead, I’ll ring H and get him to pick me up.” I told her, “I’ll stay at his so you can fuck as loud as you want.”

“I love you.” She kissed my forehead as she squished my cheeks together.

She walked off hand in hand with a guy and Justin laughed.

“Is she always so…” he bit his lip.

“Yea.” I nodded and laughed, “but I love her for it. There is never a dull moment with her around.”

“So I guess you’re off?” he asked and I pursed my lips.

“How about we have a dance first?” I got off the stool.

“You’re quite the dancer if I remember correctly.” He chuckled grabbing my hand.

We weaved through the crowd and a Chris Brown song started playing. Justin grinned as he started dancing, I watched him for a second before cursing the fact I was wearing heels. I copied some of his moves before adding in some of my own and I noticed Justin watching me. I laughed as he grabbed my hand and spun me around. We finished dancing and I noticed a few people watching, I grinng before nodding towards the door. Justin followed me towards the door and I pulled my phone out my bag to ring Harry.

“B?” he yawned.

“You know you love me?” I smiled and he groaned.

“Is this a taxi call?” he asked.

“Think of it as a booty call.” I grinned and both Justin and Harry laughed.

“Where are you?” I heard him get out of bed, I told him the name, “has Jenny left?”

“Yea,” I bit my lip, “with some guy.”

“So you’re alone?” he asked and I heard him open the bedroom door.

“No, Justin is here.” I told him.

“Bieber?” he asked.

“Yehuh.” I nodded.

“Ah okay, tell him to look after you for like 10 minutes, I’ll be there as soon as.” He promised.

“Kay, love you.” I smiled as he said it back and hung up.

“A booty call?” Justin asked and I laughed.

“It got him to come didn’t it?” I laughed, “he’s going to be 10 minutes.”

“Right, want me to hang with you till then?” he asked.

“I’ve taken up too much of your night already, go back to your friends.” I told him and he laughed.

“No.” he shook his head, “I’ll wait.”

“I feel bad.” I told him and he rolled his eyes.

“Don’t.” he shook his head, “I’d just be drinking.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing.” I laughed.

“Are you a big drinker?” he asked and I grinned.

“Have you met Niall?” I asked and he nodded, “he’s my partner in crime when it comes to drinking.”

Justin laughed and we started talking about drunken stories. I glanced at my phone and realized Harry would be outside any second. I hugged Justin goodbye and promised to text him when I got in the car. As soon as I walked out the door I was blinded by flashing lights, I held my hand up to cover my eyes but managed to spot Harry’s Range Rover. I walked through the paparazzi and jumped into the passenger seat.

“You okay?” he looked over to me and I nodded.

“Sorry.” I groaned as the flashes continued through the windscreen of the car.

“It’s fine.” He ran a hand through his hair.

“I need to let Justin know I’m alright.” I pulled my phone out and sent him a quick text.

“Did you see him much?” he asked as we finally got away from the cameras.

“He helped us skip the line and then pretty much got in a fight with a guy who was hitting on me.” I shrugged.

“Some guy hit on you?” Harry’s jaw tightened and I laughed.

“Trust me Justin did your bidding for you.” I put my hand on his arm, “I’m sorry I got you out of bed though.”

“I’m glad you did.” He yawned, “makes me laugh though. You go out on a girls night out and end up back with me.”

“What can I say, I just can’t seem to get enough.” I laughed and he grinned making those beautiful dimples appear, “have I ever told you how sexy you are when you smile?”

“No.” he dragged the sound out and glanced over at me chuckling.

“Well you are.” I bit my lip leaning over and placing my hand on his thigh causing him to eye me curiously, “you have no idea what you do to me with one look do you?”

My hand went further up his thigh squeezing it softly, I leant forward and licked at the skin behind his ear that I knew was one of his weak spots which caused him to let out a soft moan.

“Blair.” He shook his head as if trying to forget about my presence, “I’m driving.”

“Come on Haz, live a little.” I winked raising my hand higher up his thigh, I noticed his grip tighten on the wheel and his jaw tightened.

I giggled as he licked his bottom lip nervously as my hand carried on going up his leg until my hand was over his crotch. He shifted in the seat and sighed heavily as I pulled away from him.

“I will make you pay for this.” He told me and I laughed.

“Don’t make me false promises.” I leant over the consale between us again and pressed a kiss to his cheek and down his jaw.

“Blair,” he laughed pushing me away, “give me a minute yea?”

I bit my lip nodding as I fell back into my seat realizing how close we were to his house. As soon as he parked the car I jumped out the car and he grabbed my waist pushing me up against the car.

“You do realize you could have killed us right?” he pinned my arms above my head.

“Only if I had been doing it right.” I licked my bottom lip glancing to his lips.

He let out a deep laugh before crashing his lips down onto mine. My hands instantly went into his hair pulling at his curls wanting him to be as close as possible.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do with you.” He chuckled resting his head against mine, “you are the very definition of dangerous.”

“I guess you love a bit of danger then huh?” I raised an eyebrow at he groaned.

“You are so sexy sometimes.” He growled picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

I laughed as he started walking us towards his front door.

xxxx


“Don’t worry about it.” I laughed as I stood in the hallway.

“But it was our girly night out.” She bit her lip, “I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

“I had a pretty good night in the end.” I grinned remembering mine and Harry’s all night sex session.

“What’s that smile?” she asked and I shrugging smiling, “god, you had some dirty Styles sex didn’t you?”

“Yes. Yes I did.” I grinned and she laughed, “I assume you also were left satisfied last night?”

“Yep.” She nodded happily.

“I have to go soon Jen.” I bit my lip after glancing at my phone.

“Text me.” She pulled me into a hug.

“I love you.” I mumbled into her shoulder.

“I love you too.” She rubbed my back and suddenly all the joking we had previously been doing fell away.

“Please ring me if you need me.” I tightened my grip on her, “I don’t want you sad on your own.”

“Don’t read what they write about you.” she took a shakey breath in, “it’s all lies B. All of it.”

“I’ll come home if you ask me to.” I squeezed my eyes shut, “I promise. I’ll drop everything if you need me.”

“Don’t question him. He loves you.” Her arms pulled me closer, “they all do. Don’t shut yourself off from them.”

“Don’t let him call you.” I bit my lip as I referred to Henry, “don’t let him near you. He doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as you.”

“Promise me you’ll call me if you need me.” Her breath was ragged and I realized I was crying, “I am always here B.”

“Call me just to talk yea?” my voice faltered as I felt her tears on my neck.

“Don’t let me forget what you sound like.” She mumbled into my skin.

“Please don’t forget about me.” I whispered my deepest fear out.

“I could never.” She assured me pulling back and kissing my forehead.

We both looked at each other as tears fell down our faces, at the same time we reached out and wiped the tears off the others face. It was ridiculous, she was coming to a gig in two weeks time but it had suddenly dawned on me that this would be the last time in a long time that we would both be standing in our apartment. I’d suggested that we found someone to take my room whilst I was away and she laughed at me. I knew my name was on the deed for the place but it was hers as much as mine. It was our home.

“This is so silly.” She let out a soft laugh and I nodded.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” I told her.

“I’m going to miss you too.” She bit her lip and we pulled each other into a hug.

I don’t know how long we hugged for whispering promises and instructions into each others ears but Harry appeared biting his lip tell me it was time to leave. I pulled away and Harry pulled Jenny into a hug. They were talking to each other and both nodding at what the other said.

“Just promise me you’ll look after her.” I heard Jenny tell him.

“With my life.” He assured her.

I sniffed and they both looked over at me as I wiped the tears that were falling down my face rapidly. Jen pulled me into a quick hug and told me she loved me over and over again. I pulled away and wiped her tears.

“I love you so much Jen.” I told her and she gave me a small smile.

“I love you too B.” She told me and I returned the smile.

Harry returned from carrying my bags out to the car, he pulled me under his arm burying my face in his chest as he closed the front door and walked us towards the car. We got in the back and I noticed that Louis was in the front seat.

“We’ve got you B.” he gave me a small smile.

He knew that this was the first time I’d had anyone to leave behind. That normally it was me being left and suddenly I realized that it wasn’t exactly great being the one doing the leaving either. I looked at Harry who was watching me carefully, he had his bottom lip between his teeth as he nibbled it nervously and his hands were stroking my arms softly. I was reminded of all the times he had had to leave me behind, his mum behind, his sister and all his friends behind. This is what he had been protecting me from when he tried to get Jenny on the tour. This pain I felt in my chest was one that he knew well. He looked like he was hurting as he saw that pain that he was so familiar with in me. I leant forward and buried my face in the crook of his neck, he wrapped his arms around me and started pressing soft kisses down the side of my head till he reached my ear.

“I’m so sorry.” His voice cracked.

“I love you.” I whispered into his skin, “this isn’t your fault.”

“I wish this part of what we did didn’t exist.” He said into my hair, “I wish we didn’t have to leave people behind.”

“She’s all I have.” I told him tightening my grip on him, “I’ve never had to leave anyone before.”

“If I could take the pain and feel it for you, you know I would.” His voice that I knew to be so playful was so full of pain it was heartbreaking.

“If this is what I have to feel to stay close to you I would feel it ten times over.” I told him, “I would feel like this from now until forever as long as you are here. As long as I have you I have everything.”

“You have everything then baby.” He pulled back and pressed his forehead to mine, “you have me. You have me I promise.”

I pressed my lips to his softly before curling into his side resting my head on his chest. He played with our entwined fingers before lifting them to his lips and kissing them softly.

“It’ll be okay B.” Louis turned around, “it’ll get easier, it won’t hurt as much.”

I nodded and Harry kissed my forehead. I didn’t want to voice it but part of me didn’t want the pain to stop. I was so scared that if the pain stopped then I would forget about her and that was an even more painful thought. I loved the boys and I loved Harry. But I loved Jenny too, I loved her so much more then I think I even realized. She was mine and I didn’t have to share her with anyone unlike the others. I didn’t have to share her with the world. She was family. She had been my rock for so long, the only reason I stayed sober during the days most of past year and probably the main reason I even graduated from university. She had been everything to me for so long and I had just left her behind. I had done to her exactly what my Dad had done to me. We’d been our own little team, Jenny and Blair against the world and then I left. I completely left her behind. I felt Harry tighten his grip on me as he felt me start crying again. No. I wanted the pain to stay. I needed the pain to stay, I wouldn’t forget her like everyone had done to me. I wouldn’t let her think she was disposible. I wouldn’t let her feel the things I had felt when people left me. I would be the best long distance friend anybody had ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise for the rubbish update and how bad I've been at updating recently.

On the plus side I have the epilogue to this almost completely finished. I've read it over about 3 tmes already and it gives me butterflies every time! I can't wait for you guys to read it. I rekon there will be another 2/3 chapters before the epilgue.

I have also named the sequel and started writing it properly so that should almost definately be going ahead.

Also, I have started writing a new story! Which is weird for me as I very rarely manage to juggle more than one story at a time but I've only written pieces.

I read the fanfiction Dark that everyone had been talking about and I actually kind of enjoyed it.

Anyway. Tell me something exciting thats happened to you recently? Anyone been to any of the Take Me Home shows? I'll be forever jealous if you have but do tell!

Peace.Love.MiniEggCakes