Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Outings & hospitals

I pursed my lips together as I continued to sketch out a dress on the page in front of me. It felt like I hadn’t drawn anything that wasn’t one direction orientated in forever. I felt the sofa dip next to me as someone sat next to me, his arm went round the back and he peered forward at my drawing. He was silent though and that gave away exactly who it was and what mood he was in. I bit my lip shading in the bottom of the dress before turning to be met with his blue eyes.

“Fancy a drink?” he asked and I eyed him curiously, my eyes flicking to the clock on the wall.

“Don’t you have a gig tonight?” I asked, it was 2 in the afternoon and Niall wasn’t the type to drink before a performance.

“Yea.” He nodded and I hummed, “we can just go for a walk if that’s better?”

“Yea.” I nodded placing the notepad on the table in front of me before standing up, “let me just change yea?”

“Course.” He rocked back on his heels as I walked out the lounge area of the suite into mine and Harry’s room.

Harry was laying on top of the covers with a phone pressed to his ear. I eyed him curiously and he mouthed at me that it was his mum, I nodded. I opened the small suitcase that Harry and I were sharing for our short stay in the hotel. I huffed as I realized I hadn’t packed a hoodie. I turned to Harry who was wearing a beige jumper that looked cozy enough to keep me warm against the Irish weather. I bit my lip and walked over to him pulling at the bottom of it.

“Hold on one sec mum, Blair wants something.” His voice was amused as he put his mum on hold, “what’s up?”

“Take it off.” I pulled harder.

“As much as I love it when you’re dominating I’m on the phone B.” he eyed me curiously and I rolled my eyes.

“I haven’t got anything warm and Niall wants to go for a walk so gimme.” I told him and he pursed his lips together.

“There are a lot of fans out there B, you probably shouldn’t be going out.” He told me.

“I don’t care.” I told him, “I asked for your jumper not you to go all protective.”

“Blair.” He shook his head.

“Do you want me to get a cold or the flu and then have to be quarantined away from you so you don’t get sick?” I asked and he sighed, “cause I’m going out with or without your jumper.”

He rolled his eyes before standing up and pulling the jumper off leaving him shirtless and as usual me with my mouth opened as I took in the sight in front of me. He smirked as my fingers went out and ran over his chest softly, tracing along his collarbones before stepping forward and pressing soft kisses along them. He chuckled lowly before tilting my face up and connecting our lips in a soft kiss.

“I need to take my mum off hold.” He mumbled into my lips and I nodded.

“Kay.” I took the jumper out of his hands turning away and forcing myself to walk away from my beautiful shirtless boyfriend.

I pulled my top that I had been wearing off of me and Harry’s hand immediately went around my waist pulled me towards him and I let out a squeak which caused him to chuckle softly.

“I wish you’d done this before I called my mum.” He mumbled into my skin as he placed kisses along my shoulder.

“How about we pick this up after I get back from going out?” I turned around in his arms, my chest pressing against his only my bra separating our skin.

“I like the sound of that.” He nodded pressing his forehead against mine.

I leant forward and kissed him softly my fingers trailing along the nape of his neck softly causing him to let out a low groan in my mouth. I pulled away grinning up at him.

“You really know how to test me don’t you?” he huffed as I ran my fingers along his collarbones again, “put the top on Blair.”

I chuckled pulled away from him and pulling on his jumper that I had stolen. I grabbed a beanie from the side that I didn’t know if it was his or mine but by this point it didn’t really matter. Harry and I had once again merged our wardrobes, which was something that everyone teased us about. The only thing we couldn’t share were jeans, not through lack of attempting to, but our height differences made it quite hard. I checked myself out in the mirror before applying some lip balm, Harry was talking to his mum again and I leant across the bed pressing a kiss to his cheek.

“Tell your mum I’ll call her later.” I told him and he nodded.

“B.” he called out as I got to the door, I spun around, “I love you.”

“I love you too Haz.” I grinned at him before walking into the lounge.

Niall was sat on the back of the sofa talking to Zayn, they both had jackets on and I grabbed my leather one from the back of the chair and walked over to them pulling it on.

“Ready?” I asked Niall who nodded.

“Zayn is coming with.” He grinned.

“If you don’t mind?” Zayn raised an eyebrow as I laughed shaking my head at him.

“I do mind,” I told him and he rolled his eyes at me.

Zayn wrapped an arm around my shoulders as Niall took my hand in his. As we walked out the back of the hotel I realized how much of a tactile relationship I had with the boys. Taylor had commented on it about Ed and I, I guess I was just a tactile person by nature. With the boys I think it was a protective thing as well, they were all looking out for me. I squeezed Niall’s hand and he grinned at me.

“So what’s up guys?” I asked as we walked down the road.

“Nothing.” Niall shrugged, “just wanted to spend some time with you.”

“You and Harry are attached at the hip.” Zayn laughed and I rolled my eyes.

“We are not.” I shook my head, “though I can’t remember the last time I left the hotel without him.”

They both laughed as the realization dawned on me that I hadn’t in fact spent time with any of them alone. I had been with Harry the entire time and I let out a groan.

“I don’t want to be that couple.” I huffed and I felt Zayn chuckle next to me.

“We don’t mind.” He assured me.

“Yea, we’re just glad things are back to normal.” Niall flashed me a grin, “though I am glad we’re together today.”

“So am I.” I grinned looking at both of the boys.

Zayn launched into a story about an interview that they had done where Louis had spent the entire time making animal noises with Liam. I was laughing as Niall groaned remembering how hard it had been to answer with a straight face. Niall pulled us into a coffee shop and I ordered a tea and grabbed a chocolate muffin as the boys looked over the list of coffees. I spotted a giant chocolate coin and grabbed it remembering how much Harry loved them. I shook my head as I paid for the goods, he wasn’t even around and he was in the forefront of my thoughts. I clutched hold of my tea with both hands and the boys followed me out clutching their drinks. I laughed as Zayn attempted to drink the hot drink prematurely.

“My tongue is burnt.” He groaned before sticking it out at me, “can you see?”

“No.” I laughed shaking my head as Niall stepped forward to study it.

“Nothing there.” Niall nodded and Zayn huffed.

“Feels like there is.” He pouted and I laughed hooking my arm through Nialls as we continued to walk.

We weren’t heading in any direction and it was nice to just talk to them. Niall kept making jokes at Zayn's expense and I was laughing hysterically as Zayn just shoved him in response. These two boys had both been my rock at some point and it was great to just laugh with them.

“I want another tattoo.” I announced as we walked past a parlor.

“Don’t even go there.” Zayn chuckled, “I keep doodling what I want next.”

“I know,” I groaned and Niall bit his lip, “not tempted?”

“Nah.” He shook his head, “I like being a completely blank canvas.”

“You’re not a blank canvas.” I told him and he cocked his head to the side, “a blank canvas implies that there is nothing there to look at and you’re more than that.”

“That was…” he cocked his head to the side.

“Sweet.” Zayn grinned and I laughed lightly.

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes at them.

“I love that you’re all sweet again.” Niall grinned, “it’s the Harry effect.”

“The Harry effect.” Zayn nodded and I hit both of them.

“Shut up.” I huffed and they both laughed.

“You don’t draw that much do you?” Niall changed the subject and I bit my lip.

“I do,” I looked at my feet, “I just hate showing people, it’s like I am with my music it’s just all so personal.”

“You’re better with music now though right.” Zayn bumped into my hip and I nodded.

“Yea, I guess.” I shrugged, “I like being backstage though. I love what I do on this tour. It’s like I get five dolls to dress up!”

“Talking of clothing.” Zayn looked me up and down, “you’re in Haz’s jumper.”

“I didn’t bring anything warm.” I shrugged and he chuckled.

“You two are merging into one person.” He noted and I laughed.

“How so?” I asked curiously.

“The clothes sharing.” He explained, “you’re both so similar.”

I laughed and we rounded the corner towards the hotel. I bit my lip pausing as I eyed the large crowd. I glanced at the two boys next to me who pulled me along with them. Security had noticed people noticing us and were coming towards us but the paparazzi had also spotted us. The flashes started and I tripped over falling out of the Zayn and Niall sandwich I had been in. A photographer took a picture and I blinked trying to get the flash out of my eye but then I felt something connect with the side of my temple right by my right eye, I winced and my hand flew up to the skin. I was then shoved to the side and landed on the floor, I landed so hard that I felt the shockwaves go up my back and I gasped before someone grabbed me. I looked up and it was one of the security guys who tucked me into him and pushed through the crowds. My eyebrow felt like it was pulsating and I groaned squeezing my eyes shut at the pain shooting up my back. I was released as I got inside, Niall and Zayn were both looking at me shocked.

“Blair.” They both said and I winced.

“Let’s go upstairs.” I groaned, “I need painkillers.”

The ride up to the room was silent but both boys were watching me carefully. I tried to ignore them which wasn’t hard when all I could think about was the pain in my back and above my eyebrow, I was holding my hand to it to stop the bleeding. As we got out the lift and headed to the room I noticed that my two friends looked almost nervous, I shook my head opening the door.

“You’re home!” Harry jumped up from the sofa turning around and the smile he had been wearing fell from his mouth, “what happened?”

I walked towards the bathroom, I felt him follow me behind me and I winced as I pulled my hand from my forehead as I stood in front of the mirror. It was worse than I thought it would be, Harry appeared and he gaped.

“What the hell happened B?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Paparazzi, pass me some tissue?” I asked and ignored the twitch of anger in his jaw.

He handed it to me wordlessly and I pressed it to my forehead trying to stop the blood, I sighed and turned to him.

“Do you know if we have any painkillers anywhere?” I asked and the anger was back in his jaw.

He walked out the door and I followed him out, he looked so angry and I didn’t understand where he was going. I stopped walking as I realized I needed more tissue paper, I went back to the bathroom and that was when I heard yelling.

“You had one job!” Harry yelled and I ran out into the livingroom.

Harry had Zayn up against the wall, his fists had balled up the front of Zayn’s shirt and Zayn had his hands up in defeat.

“She just fell over.” Zayn said quietly.

Harry growled and slammed him against the wall again in frustration. Liam was trying to pull Harry away but he just pushed him off of him. Niall was nowhere to be seen and I hoped he didn’t come out and see what was happening.

“She just fell over?” Harry yelled in Zayn’s face, “she is fucking everything to me and she got hurt under your watch. All you had to do was protect her. Stop anyone from hurting a hair on her head.”

“Harry.” Liam pushed at my boyfriends arm, “stop it. This isn’t Zayn’s fault.”

“Yes it fucking it.” Harry hissed, “he just had to look after her Liam.”

“I’m sorry.” Zayn bit his lip obviously scared of what his best friend was going to do to him.

“Harry Edward Styles get the fuck off of him.” I finally found my voice but it made no difference to him.

I thought Harry was going to hit him as he took his hand away from his chest but he just hit the wall with the palm of his hand. I walked over to him and put my hand over the one holding Zayn against the wall.

“Harry,” I said softly, “stop it.”

Harry released his friend and I moved to take the space that Zayn quickly vacated in front of Harry. He pressed his forehead against mine, his eyes closed and his breathing was heavy.

“Haz.” I said quietly, “Zayn had nothing to do with it, some photographer did it. I tripped over and it happened. I’m okay though.”

“You are not okay.” Harry’s voice was strained and he opened his eyes before snapping them shut as he saw the cut on my face, “you’re bleeding.”

“I know.” I told him, “it’s just a bit of blood.”

“It’s running down your face.” He sighed before opening his eyes and grabbing my hand, “come on. Liam can you call reception and get them to send up a first aid kit?”

He didn’t wait for the reply before pulling me back into the bathroom. He lifted me up onto the counter and I sat silently watching as Harry took the tissue off my face before tilting my head back slightly. He wetted a cloth and wiped the blood that had run down my face. He then pressed it to my cut and I groaned scrunching up my face, he sighed before pressing his lips to mine. His lips were soft and distracted me slightly from the pain in my eyebrow and in my back.

“Here.” Liam walked in, “oh, shit. Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” Harry stepped away from me taking the box from Liam.

I watched him curiously as he pulled the contents out and laid them next to me biting his lip before selecting a bottled of liquid, he poured some on a cotton pad and then crashed his lips against mine. I knew then what was coming, I ran one of my hands into his hair and tried to just concentrate on Harry but I couldn’t help the gasp and how I pulled on Harry’s hair as he pressed the cotton to my cut.

“I’m sorry baby.” He whispered into my lips, “I’m sorry.”

I didn’t say anything but just clenched my eys shut as he dabbed at my cut before inspecting it and growling.

“I think it might need stitches.” He pulled his bottom lip between his teeth as he inspected it.

“My back hurts.” I said softly, “I need a painkiller Haz.”

“Let’s just take you to see a doctor.” He suggested and I grabbed onto him.

“No.” I shook my head, “no.”

“I’ll be right there B, I won’t let anyone hurt you again.” He said softly and I bit my lip.

“Are you sure it needs stitches?” I asked and he nodded.

“We should go now.” He told me and I sighed.

“You have a concert in a matter of hours Haz.” I shook my head.

“I don’t care and don’t think for one second I’m going to let you go alone.” He told me and I nodded.

“Okay.” I agreed and his eyebrows shot up.

“I was expecting a fight,” he chuckled as I hopped down and laced my fingers through his.

“I want to be near you Harry.” I told him, “I love you, even when you’re ridiculously protective and you over react.”

“I know” he pressed a kiss to my lips softly, “I should apologise huh?”

“Yes.” I nodded, “definitely.”

Harry took my hand in his and pulled me along behind him as we walked into the lounge. He threw an apology at Zayn who just waved him off before he pulled his jacket on and grabbed his phone. I followed him out the room biting my lip and trying to forget about the pain in my back.

“Come here.” Harry pulled me into a hug as we stood in the lift.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

“I’m just so scared to lose you.” He whispered into my hair, “I can’t lose you again B.”

“You won’t.” I promised him, “you’re stuck with me Styles.”

“Good.” He nuzzled his face into my neck and I giggled as his hair tickled me, “I love you so much.”

I winced as my back twinged and tightened my grip on Harry. He rubbed my back softly until the lift doors opened and he walked over to one of the security guys and told them we needed to go see a nurse. They ushered us towards where a car would be waiting but as the door opened the flashes started again and I backed away from the door. Harry turned around and walked back inside with me.

“B.” he spoke softly as he leant down to be at my eye level, “it’s okay, I’ve got you. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you.”

“I know.” I nodded taking a deep breath, “god, I’m being such a baby.”

“No you’re not.” He laughed softly, “you just got hurt.”

“I’m not this weak.” I huffed and he rolled his eyes.

“Blair, it’s me. It’s okay to be scared.” He rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

I nodded before taking hold of his hand and walking out with him behind me. I ducked my head down and walked straight to the car, I went to let go of Harry’s hand to let him talk to a couple of fans but he kept hold of me. We got in the car and the ride to the hospital to see a nurse was quite quick. Harry was silent as he watched me look out the window. We got out the car and there was nobody there as nobody knew where we had been going which was a relief. We walked into the reception and a little girl screamed, I laughed and pushed Harry towards her as I continued towards the desk.

“Can I help you?” the lady asked.

“I hurt my back and my eyebrow.” I pointed to where Harry had put a large plaster, “my boyfriend thinks I need stitches. I’m also in a lot of pain in my back.”

“Okay.” She nodded, “take a seat and I’ll get a doctor to come and see you.”

I thanked and her and turned around to see Harry pointing at me as he crouched next to her. She was smiling the biggest smile as he spoke to her, I waved and she ran over to me.

“Harry says you’re hurt.” She told me and I nodded.

“Just a cut,” I told her and she bit her lip.

“So you’re okay?” she asked and I nodded.

“How old are you anyway beautiful?” I asked and she beamed up at me.

“I’m 5 and 7 months old.” She told me proudly and I smiled.

“Wow.” I led us to sit down, “do you like one direction then?”

“Yea, my favourite song is little things.” She told me happily, “it’s so pretty.”

“It is indeed.” I agreed, “do you have a favourite member?”

I could see Harry outside on the phone and he looked up as I was looking at him, he winked before turning around and continuing to pace.

“I love Louis.” She told me and I gasped.

“Really?” I asked and she nodded furiously, “did you know that Louis is my best friend ever?”

“Really?” she asked wide eyed and I nodded.

“He’s my bestest friend.” I told her, “shall we call him?”

She nodded and I smiled pulling my phone out of my pocket and ringing Louis’s phone.

“Blair!” he rushed out, “are you okay? I just heard? Where are you?”

“Chill Lou, I’m at the hospital with Haz.” I smiled at the girl in front of me, “I’ve run into your biggest fan though.”

“Is this to distract me from the fact you’re hurt?” he asked and I laughed.

“What’s your name beautiful?” I asked her.

“Renee.” She blushed and I smiled.

“Well Renee, Louis would love to speak to him if you want to talk to him.” I told her with Louis on the phone and he laughed softly in my ear.

“Well played Monroe.” He sighed, “you know I can’t resist a cute kid.”

“I know.” I laughed before handing the phone to Renee.

She took the phone from me and smiled blushing as she looked at the phone. She was giving him one word answers but she kept giggling and I knew he was telling her funny jokes. A lady walked over to us looking at us curiously.

“Are you Renee’s mother?” I asked and she nodded.

“Who are you?” she looked confused.

“Oh, I’m Blair.” I held my hand out and she shook it.

“Hello.” Harry walked in and the mother’s eyes widened, “I’m Harry.”

“From one direction.” She nodded.

“Yea.” He chuckled and looked down at Renee, “who is she on the phone to?”

“Louis, apparently he’s her favourite member.” I told him and he nodded smiling.

“Oh wow.” The mother gushed, “that is so sweet of you! I tried to get us tickets but they were all sold out and she loves you all so much.”

“No worries.” Harry shrugged and I bit my lip looking at him until he met my gaze and nodded.

“Are you free tonight?” I asked her and she looked confused.

“I guess, we’re coming back up to visit her Dad. He’s in hospital at the moment.” She explained, “why?”

“Do you want to come to the show tonight?” I asked and her eyes widened and Harry grinned.

“You can do that?” she asked and I nodded.

“We can.” Harry confirmed, “if you give me your names I’ll ring up and tell them to expect you. By the way Renee is with Louis I’m sure he is dying to meet her.”

“Blair Monroe.” A voice called and I bit my lip.

Suddenly I remembered where we were and the fact I had to go and have someone inspect my injuries. Harry put his hand through mine and squeezed it gently.

“Renee.” I crouched down, “I have to go so I need my phone back. Tell Louis you’ll see him later.”

She scrunched her eyebrows together.

“Do you fancy coming to see us tonight?” Harry asked and she nodded.

She said goodbye to Louis and handed me the phone back. Harry took their names as I quickly spoke to Louis.

“I’m just going in now. I’ll ring you when I’m out.” I promised him.

I turned to Harry who held his hand out to me, I held it tightly as I followed him into the room. I sat on the bed and the doctor smiled as I kept my hand tightly holding Harry’s.

“She’s scared of the doctors.” Harry explained as I blushed and the Doctor laughed.

“Well how can I help?” he asked.

“I got hit in the head.” I explained gesturing to the plaster, “Harry thinks I need stitches.”

“Let’s see.” He moved over to me and peeled it off of me inspecting it, “yea it is quite bad, you do need a few stitches.”

I bit my lip.

“I always really hurt my back.” I told him and Harry sighed looking at the floor, “I got pushed over and I landed funny. My back really hurts.”

“Alright.” He nodded, “can you lay on your front for me please.”

I let go of Harry’s hand and laid down holding my hand out again for Harry to hold, he took it and squeezed it as the Doctor rolled my top up my back slightly.

“Alright, tell me where it hurts.” He told me and I nodded.

He started pressing down and I hissed a couple of times as he hit where it hurt. He made a humming noise before repeating the examination and once again a let out gasps of pain. I looked up and Harry wore a frown as he watched the doctor, I squeezed his hand and he looked at me.

“I love you.” I mouthed and he sighed before mouthing it back.

“I’m going to need to send you for some x-rays just to be on the safe side.” He told me and I gulped before nodding as I sat back up, “the fact you’re moving around it good news but I just want to check. If everything is alright I’ll just give you some painkillers and you might just have some nasty bruises on your back. I’ll go get a nurse to do your stitches and then take you for some x-rays.”

“Thank you.” Harry and I chorused as he left.

Harry hung his head down and pulled his bottom lip between his teeth as he stared at his feet. I nudged him with my shoulder but he didn’t react and I sighed doing it again.

“Haz.” I rested my chin on his shoulder, “look at me.”

He sighed before looking at me biting his lip.

“It’s okay. I’m okay.” I said softly.

“We don’t know that yet.” He huffed, “we don’t know if someone has fucked up your back.”

“It’s just a caution, you heard him” I sighed, “don’t be like this.”

“I’m raging.” He told me, “I am going to find out exactly who did this and destroy them.”

“Harry.” I shook my head, “that isn’t who you are.”

“When it comes to you it is who I am.” He sighed shaking his head, “when are you going to get it? Did I not explain well enough when we were skiing? You are everything Blair. Whoever hurt you hurt my world. I’m meant to protect you, look after you and you’re hurt.”

“I’m fine.” I clenched my jaw, “stop acting like I’m a child. I’m fine. If I need you to wrap me up in cotton wool Haz I’ll tell you. I love you, I love that you want to protect me and everything but you can’t all the time. Things happen. I’m going to get hurt sometimes, just like you do and all I want is you to be okay with it. Hold my hand, kiss me and be there. I don’t need you getting angry and throwing our friends up against walls and yelling in their faces. It isn’t right Harry.”

“I know.” He looked down as he scuffed his foot against the floor, “I just…I can’t see you hurt.”

“I know.” I nodded, “I feel the same but things do happen.”

“I know.” He sighed moving to stand between my legs, “you’re everything B.”

I smiled leaning forward and kissing him softly before there was a knock on the door and a nurse came in, she blushed when she saw Harry and obviously recognized. I smiled and looked over at Harry, I leant up to his ear.

“God Harry, why you so fit?” I asked and he laughed.

“It’s cause I have an average face.” He told me and I grinned as we both laughed.

The nurse settled in to sort out my cut and Harry started making jokes that were making me laugh. The anger we both had previously slipping away as we fell back into how we always were together. I knew he was saying all these things to try and keep me calm from freaking out which made me smile more. It was like he understood that I wanted this, I needed this and not him freaking out. The nurse was laughing as we joked around. She started telling me about the x-ray and I nodded as Harry played with my fingers. I just wanted to go to the venue and move past this whole experience. She took me to the x-ray room and someone checked them over and assured Harry and I that everything with my back was fine. I took the painkillers from them and laced my fingers through Harry’s, happy that we could leave the hospital and forget it all that was until we walked into the reception area and I could see all the people waiting outside. I let out a shakey breath which caused Harry to look down at me.

“I’m right here.” He whispered, “I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

I nodded and squeeed his hand as he led us out, I ducked my head into his back and ignored the yelling. I would be okay because Harry was here and I knew he’d lay down his life before letting anything hurt me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So hello! How is everyone?

My fingers are freezing and it's fucking snowing here again dispite it being march. How the hell does that work? I guess you can tell that the snow no longer makes me happy, its all slippy and means i have to leave home earlier to get to uni on time cause i walk like a flaming penguin in the snow.

Anyway, i hope you like this chapter. I find it a bit meh but oh well. I'm trying to work out how to end it before the epilogue. So the next chapter will probably be the end.

Peace.Love.IHateTheCold