Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

I love you.

“I hate you for this.” I muttered to Louis who laughed.

“You look nice.” Louise commented and I rolled my eyes at him.

“You hate it don’t you?” I asked referring to the black suspender design on my tights that I was wearing with a short red skater dress and black heeled boots.

“It’s a bit tougher than you’ve been before.” He reasoned, “this tough style has developed.”

“I have to be a bit tougher than before.” I shrugged grabbing my black bag, “I’m heading into war.”

“Technically not war.” Louis pointed out, “I don’t think people have fun whilst at war.”

“I won’t have fun.” I muttered.

“Lighten up.” Louis chuckled taking my hand in his, “it’s just a little party.”

I rolled my eyes.

“I know.” I sighed, “what if he talks to me?”

“Talk back.” Louis shrugged, “Blair you need to learn how to be in the same room as him.”

“I know.” I sighed.

We walked into the party that was being thrown for Danielle because she had landed a job in America. My eyes found his instantly and I felt myself blush.

“He’s here.” I mumbled and Louis chuckled.

“Course he is,” Louis looked over at me, “be good this time Blair.”

“I resent that.” I pursed my lips, “it takes two to tango you know.”

“I know.” Louis laughed.

We were walking directly towards him.

“Hey.” Harry said softly as we approached.

“Hey mate.” Louis grinned at his bandmate.

“Hello.” I looked at my feet and heard Harry sigh lightly, “how are you?”

“Been better.” I looked up to see him watching me carefully, “how are you Blair?”

“Oh you know,” I shrugged, “getting through the day.”

“Lou says you’re at uni.” He commented and I nodded, “what are you studying?”

“Fashion.” I bit my lip and noticed Louis had left us, “he wants us to get on you know?”

“I know.” Harry nodded, “I understand why you don’t though Blair. I do.”

“Don’t be understanding.” I shook my head.

“Why?” he furrowed his eyebrows together.

I looked him in the eye and he bit his lip.

“I can’t do this.” I shook my head and walked away from him and felt someone grab my hand.

“Let’s get a drink.” Niall smiled softly at me.

“I tried.” I sighed as we walked to the bar.

“I saw.” He nodded, “4 shots of tequila, a doubly jack and coke and a beer.”

The barman nodded and I sat on the stool. Niall stood between my legs with a comforting arm around my waist. I rested my head against his shoulder.

“I’m such a downer.” I groaned and he chuckled.

“Nah you’re not.” He shook his head, “you’re just hurting. It makes sense. You trusted Harry with your heart and he broke it.”

“I didn’t even want to fall in love with him.” I mumbled into his shoulder, “stupid Styles tripped me.”

Niall chuckled. I looked up as our drinks arrived as did my two tequila shots and downed my drink.

“Maybe you should slow down.” Niall laughed.

“Maybe you should be a better irish person.” I grinned and he laughed. “my favourite irish person.”

“I know.” He rolled his eyes, “you’re my favourite Blair.”

“Considering how many girls you have met and how they may have had my name that is a lovely compliment.” I grinned and he laughed.

We walked away from the bar and sat down catching up on all the things in each others lives that we hadn’t been a part of.

“It’s going to be an amazing album.” He grinned and I smiled.

“I don’t doubt that.” I laughed.

“I get to play guitar on it.” He told me and I looked surprised, “I know, I felt like that too! It’s insane.”

“How’s the family?” I asked and Niall bit his lip and shrugged.

“Alright.” He nodded and I put my hand on his knee.

“Sorry. I should know better huh?” I bit my lip.

“I miss them. But they are okay and that’s all that matters.” He shrugged, “I miss you too Blair. I wish you were around more.”

“Well I’m here now.” I grinned standing up and holding my hand out to him.

“Why is it that every time I see you at the moment you make me dance?” he asked and I grinned, “only for you Blair Monroe, only for you.”

I laughed as we walked to where everyone was now dancing. I threw my hands in the air and giggled as I swayed my hips. I was dancing with Niall happily when I looked up and saw Harry.

“Let’s talk.” He said and I bit my lip but nodded.

I followed him to a booth in the corner.

“So how have you been?” I asked and he looked at me surprised, “like what have you been up to?”

“Just working on the album.” He shrugged, “I went home to see my mum the other day.”

“Did you?” I let a smile creep onto my face, “is she alright? What’s she been up to? Did she paint the living room duck egg blue in the end?”

A soft smile appeared on Harry’s face as I rattled off questions about his mum.

“She’s fine. She asked after you. She’s just been raising money for charity and stuff. Baking a ridiculous amount.” He rolled his eyes and I giggled which caused him to grin, “yea she did, she keeps going on about how she’s so glad she took your advice.”

“I’m glad she likes it.” I grinned, “I miss your mum.”

“She misses you.” He bit his lip.

An awkward silence landed on us and I looked at my hands that rested on the table between us.

“I love you.” He whispered and I closed my eyes standing up and walking out of the room.

I walked out onto the street pulling out my phone and pressing dial.

“Please pick me up.” I whispered.

“On my way.” Jenny didn’t question me and I walked to the end of the road sitting on a bench.

I felt someone sit next to me and looked up to see Zayn. He didn’t say anything instead he pulled me into a hug rubbing my back gently like he knew exactly what was wrong without even asking. I relaxed into him and waited for Jenny to turn up.

“Oi Whore!” a voice yelled and I looked up to see Jenny grinning out the window of her beat up Jeep that looked ridiculously out of place in London.

“This is my ride.” I said to Zayn and he chuckled, “thank you.”

“I didn’t do anything.” He shrugged and I kissed his cheek.

“I know, that’s why I was thanking you.” I told him as I jumped into the passenger seat.

Jenny started driving and didn’t say a word. I looked out the window as we drove and realized that we weren’t heading home. I looked at her curiously and she had a small smile on her face which made me scrunch my eyebrows together.

“Where are we going Jen?” I asked and she shrugged.

“Just somewhere you’ll love.” She told me and I laughed lightly.

“You seem sure of yourself.” I told her and she shrugged.

“I learnt from the best.” She gave me a sideways glance and I laughed.

“You’re a bitch.” I told her and she grinned.

“You’re a whore.” She stated, “it’s a good job we found each other huh?”

“Amen sister!” I giggled and she grinned shaking her head.

“You’re crazy.” She told me and I nodded.

“All the best people are.” I looked over at her as she rolled her eyes at me.

“So what happened?” she asked as she pulled into a car park.

I got out the car and she chucked me a hoodie, I pulled it on and realized it was Henry’s and still smelt like him. I pulled it closer as we walked into a field side by side.

“He told me he loved me.” I told her and she hummed, “what?”

“I don’t know why you said that like this is new information.” She dug her hands in her pockets.

“He’s not allowed to.” I muttered.

“Why?” she looked over me and I shrugged, “why isn’t he allowed to love you Blair?”

“Don’t do this Jen.” I shook my head at her.

“Why not?” she asked me, “nobody else will.”

“Jen don’t do this.” I stopped walking and she looked at me, “I’m warning you on this.”

“You’re being ridiculous.” She shook her head as she carried on walking.

I bit my lip before following her over the hill and saw the string of lanterns that were strung at the bottom and I could make out two shadows sat by a fire. I jogged to catch up to Jenny.

“What is this?” I asked and she sighed.

“We knew you’d have a shit night tonight.” She shrugged, “we made preparations.”

“We?” I asked.

She remained silent as we approached the make shift camp and I saw Dave and Henry sat next to each other with a beer each. I bit my lip suppressing a smile.

“Aw you guys.” I cocked my head to the side and Henry chuckled.

“Don’t seem so surprised.” He patted the spot next to him.

I sat down and he draped an arm across my shoulders and pressed his lips to my temple.

“Have a beer.” Dave handed me one and Jenny opened her own, “so do you want to talk?”

“Feelings?” I cocked my eyebrow at Henry who rolled his arms, “we all know that isn’t my style.”

“Maybe you should give it a go.” Dave suggested, “there are crazier things you could do.”

“Don’t tempt me.” I grinned and he laughed.

“I’ll go first.” Jenny spoke softly and I looked over at her surprised, “I want to apologize.”

I looked at her curiously before taking a swig of my beer. She bit her lip as she stared at her hands before looking up to Henry.

“To you Henry.” She said and he raised both of his eyebrows surprised, “I thought you were bad news for Blair.”

A small smile ghosted across my lips as I remembered her and Louis warning me off him.

“I thought you would just use her because of how she is at the moment.” She took a breath, “but you haven’t. You care about her and take the time to be there. So I’m really sorry for judging you before I knew you.”

“Apology accepted.” Henry nodded and leant forward clinking his beer bottle against hers, “I thought Blair was bad news when I met her.”

“Thought?” Dave chuckled, “Blair is the best bad news there is around.”

“Thanks babe.” I grinned at Dave.

“Do you have anything to say?” Henry asked me and I bit my lip.

“I’m sorry I take all my shit out on you guys.” I looked at my feet, “I’m sorry I’m a bit of a mess. I promise I haven’t always been like this, I used to be nicer. I’m sorry.”

Henry squeezed my shoulder. I looked around the three of them and let out a small laugh.

“God this is like some cliché movie huh?” I bit my lip and they all laughed, “I love it though.”

“I told you that you would.” Jenny grinned.

“I’ll never question you again bub.” I told her and she laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost uploaded the next chapter by accident instead of this one.

Thank you for your lovely comments and assurances that you don't hate Blair just yet. I have however taken your advice and toned her down a bit, not a lot, but a bit.

I'm glad you guys like Henry. He kind of creeped up on me, he was never meant to be this big of a part of her life but he just sort of fitted in where Harry used to be but in a slightly different way.

Another update because nother makes me happier (not even the snow that is STILL falling) than seeing the comments you guys make. I love how invested you guys are in Blair.

Peace.Love.GameOfThrones