Status: i'm trying to write every night but i'll only upload if i knoew people are reading

Sleeping With the Hilltop

Money Can't Buy You Love But It Can Earn You Hate

Today was good I guess, Vic and Jaime are in the popular group so now I kind of am too. English and math with Kellin were cool; he's funny and puts up with me so I do the same for him. I figure just because he doesn't want to talk, doesn't mean that he doesn't want to be sociable.
I’ll admit that I do like him. He is an underdog and I have always had a soft spot for underdogs. I hung out with Vic and Jaime and their friend Tony who everyone calls Turtle, and of course, Mikey. They all seem really funny and chill. They are all pretty decent blokes.
This morning I was woken in a rush at 8:30 and had to get to school by 9. I managed to run out the door at five to and didn’t stop till I had reached the gates. The bell went literally just as I crossed the patch of grass out the front of school. I passed Kellin on the way to homeroom and said a cheery ‘hey mate,’ and kind of one-arm hugged him. He hesitated a bit before whispering a ‘hey’ in my ear as well. He spoke to me! Wow. He had a nice voice, a little on the high side but it was a good voice, I could tell he would be a good singer.
In homeroom, I was greeted yet again by a very excited Vic and a more-happy-to-see-me-than-yesterday Jaime who both greeted me with hugs.
‘Hey Matt!’
‘Hi man.’
‘Morning Vic, hey Jaime.’ We talked about not much for the rest of homeroom, like how old mates do. It was cool that they thought of me like that already. And I didn’t feel awkward third-wheeling them, and I could tell it didn’t bother them either.
The day went fast, chem with Mikey was awkward, he is a fine kid but just he's a bit of a socially awkward stoner. It’s not that hard to tell, with his laid back attitude and general vibe. I caught up with the usual group today at lunch, Vic, Jaime, Mikey and Tony. They invited me to watch their band practise after school today, I accepted. Apparently they are ‘just a bunch of dudes that hang out in a garage with some instruments’ but I've heard Vic sing and he is really good. He isn’t into my type of music but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a good voice.
I had double math with Kellin after lunch, he was already in there, looking really embarrassed and anxious. I asked what was up and he just shrugged me off. I know that we have only been mates for two days but Kellin is cool, I like him.
~Kellin P.O.V~
I shouldn’t have whispered to him this morning, now he’ll think I can’t even be a selective mute! My voice was still on the high side of Justin Beiber’s vocal range, so I won’t use it ever again. Why did I even talk to him? I've known Matt for two days and I thought that was enough? He hangs out with the popular, band guys. He would never like me, he's probably just pretending because we are both new. But he did seem happy to see me.
‘Hey man, what’s up?’ I didn’t even look up from my text book when I just lifted my shoulders a bit, as if to say ‘Nothing; like it matters to you anyway.’ He sat next to me and I could tell that he didn’t know what was bothering me so I left it and put my headphones in, blaring some Amity Affliction because I don’t think he likes them that much.
Today I actually did math.
~Matt P.O.V~
After being completely could-shouldered by Kellin or the whole of math, I went around to Vic and Mikey’s house with the band. Vic and Jaime had linked arms the whole way and were off in their own little world.
‘So what’s it like, being in a band with those two?’ I asked Mikey, who had to live with the fact that his brother and band mate are probably never going to break up. Ever.
‘Well, it has its times, dude. I mean, Jaime and I have been buddies about as long as Vic and he known each other, so he’s pretty much family already anyway.’
‘Yeah and they have always been the closest pair out of all of us, Mikey and I guessed it actually.’ Tony was quiet but he was nice. I guess he isn’t as out there as Vic and Jaime so it’s clear that he doesn’t talk much. I like him a lot; he is genuine and real. And he loves Star Wars, which is a bonus.
Vic and Mike’s house wasn’t that far away from school. It was actually a few streets away from mine. We went inside and Mrs Fuentes must have known that she would soon be invaded by a bunch of teenage boys because the table was filled with chips, biscuits and a jug of cordial which we grabbed and took to the garage.
We sat and ate for a bit, talking about our days and they asked about living in Australia, like ‘how hot does it get there’ or ‘do you know anyone with a pet kangaroo or dingo?’
After about half an hour, they all picked up their instruments, except Mikey, who took a seat behind the drum kit, the bass drum had a hand painted ‘Pierce the Veil’ skin over it, so I presumed that that was the bands name.
Mikey asked the band ‘what do you guys want to play first, hey?’
‘HOW ABout Caraphernelia?’ Vic had leaned over to plug in a mic and must have forgotten how loud it was before quickly turning it down.
‘Yeah, we haven’t played that in a while, it could use some dusting off.’
‘Turtle’s right, we should play it more, it’s a good song, Vic.’ Jaime said while busily plugging in his bass guitar
‘Oka-’ Vic hadn’t even finished his sentence before Mikey started hitting the cymbals, soon joined by the other three on guitars and bass.
‘Sunshine,’ Vic’s voice was so amazingly different, it was captivating.
‘There ain't a thing that you can do that's gonna ruin my night,’
‘But there's just something about’ Jaime’s voice was good too.
‘This dizzy dreamer and her bleeding little blue boy,
Licking your fingers like you're done and
You've decided there is so much more than me,’
‘Oh,’
‘And baby honestly it's harder breathing next to you, I shake
I brought a gun and as the preacher tried to stop me,
Hold my heart it's beating for you anyway,’

‘What if I can't forget you?’
‘Oh,’
‘I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you’
‘What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colours ever light up anymore in this hole’

‘Oh-oh-oh-whoa

‘Nobody prays for the heartless’
‘No!’
‘Nobody gives another penny for the selfish’
‘You're learning how to taste what you kill now’
‘Don't mind me, I'm just reaching for your necklace
Talking to my mum about this little girl from Texas’

‘What if I can't forget you?’
‘Oh,’
‘I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you’
‘What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colours ever light up anymore in this hole

‘Just give her back to me
You know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need
So baby what if I can't forget you?
‘What if I can't forget you?’
‘Collide invisible lips like a shadow on the wall and just throw, oh no’
‘You can't just throw me away!

‘So what if I can't forget you?’
‘I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you’
‘What's so good about picking up the pieces?
What if I don't even want to?

‘What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you’
‘What's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colours ever light up anymore in this hole
Just give her back to me
You know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need
So baby what if I can't forget you?’
‘What if I can't forget you?’
‘I'd better learn to live alone’

‘What's so good about picking up the pieces?’
‘What's so good about, what's so good about?’
‘What's so good about picking up the pieces?’

‘So Matt, what did you think?’ Vic asked while wiping a trickle of sweat off his brow.
‘I think, I may have peed a little, you guys are amazing.’