Status: Active!

Moth to a Flame

Prologue

Imagine being 8 years old and living by yourself in an empty abandoned house that no one cared about anymore. Imagine having no one to care for you, no one to love you, and no one to play games with. That’s the life that Akane lived every day and night, but lucky for her she had resources. Resources that never ran dry; even when she used them for months or years. Akane cleaned up the house, she cleaned up the yard, and she kept up with all the current news but being only 8 there wasn’t much she could understand. She had a high desire just to be free and explore the world with someone who cared for her.

~

A lady such as you must always be accompanied by a bodyguard when going out. One must never speak unless spoken to. A lady of your status must always walk with poise and confidence, head high, a graceful smile on one's lips whether it is real or fake is also of great necessity.

Why couldn't they see that all Katsumi really wanted was to have the freedom that a teenage girl wanted and needed? Katsumi's smiles could stun a room full of people, if only it was genuine. So why couldn't they see that her fake smile was because she was lonely? All Katsumi wanted was just real friends, ones that she could go shopping with, ones that would invite themselves over and make themselves at home. Why? Why couldn't they see? Because they're never around to see her suffer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Work in progress :D