Status: Active!

Moth to a Flame

New Adventure

Katsumi took a step back wondering if she heard the little girl correctly. This was her home? The older girl shook her head in wonder.

"Where are your parents? Who lives with you?" Katsumi questioned, crouching to become the same height as the little girl and in reply the little girl shrugged her shoulders meekly. Katsumi's fine eyebrows knitted together in confusion as she took a moment to think.

It was clear that no one had been living with the girl in quite a while but she obviously had to have a pervious caregiver of some sorts. A sudden thought occurred to the dark haired female.

"Are you parents away on a business trip or something?" Katsumi asked. The little girl nodded her head quickly, averting her eyes to the ground. "And they left you all alone? How awful" Katsumi stated outraged. How could her parents leave their child that looked no older than ten perhaps younger without a caretaker?

"You can't stay here by yourself little one, it's not right. Please won't you come back with me? I'll take care of you." Katsumi wasn't sure how her parents would take to hearing about Katsumi wondering the streets alone at such an evening then bringing a young child back home, although to be honest she didn't care what her parents would think either. It wasn't right leaving a child by themselves at such a young age.

The little girl pouted and shook her head. "This is my home. I want to stay." She stated bluntly.
"But you mustn't stay by yourself, aren't you lonely?" Katsumi wondered kindly. The little girl nodded her head.

"Won't you stay with me then?" The little girl asked Katsumi. Katsumi glanced up and looked around at the house, it wasn't too messy, a little cleaning up and it'd be as good as new.

"I'll have to leave and get some of my things. But I can't stay here forever." Katsumi sighed rubbing the back of her head thoughtfully. This would be a nice break away from living with her inferior parents for a little while, and they'd never think of looking for her around this area. Besides she was legally an adult, so what was there to lose?

~

Akane jumped for joy at the thought of having another friend and caregiver. She’d been alone for so long that she had forgotten what it was like to actually talk to another human being, even one so much older.

“Can I come to help you?” Akane asked excitedly, she hasn't been anywhere but that park in months and an adventure is just what she needed.

“No, I’m afraid not. My parents are a very strict.” Katsumi didn’t know how to explain it in a way that wouldn’t confuse the little girl.

“Oh please! I’ll be quiet and wait for you outside!” Akane put on her cutest pout and added in the puppy dog eyes for added cuteness and looked at Katsumi. Katsumi sighed in defeat and nodded.

“But, you have to be quiet and wait around the side of the house, got it?” Akane nodded in return and giggled. She had never been this way around Katsumi who looked at her smiling.

“I’m going on an adventure!” Katsumi giggled and took the little girls hand; they left the house walking back towards her parents' house. When they arrived at Katsumi’s home she lead the little girl to a dark part of the houses’ gigantic yard and told her to wait. She nodded and watched Katsumi walk to the house and disappear inside the darkened door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought's on the remake of our story? - Death The Angel