Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Cellphone

I only have eight weeks... the thought echoed in my head over and over again. I still can't believe this random woman claiming to be my grandmother makes all of my wishes come true and then puts a limit on it. Seriously, you cannot give someone a limited amount of time to make all their dreams come true. It just doesn't work.
Well, I guess I should be greatful, at least my greatest desires will come true... I hope.
I grabbed my cell phone which my parents finally bought me a few weeks ago after years of begging for one.
I dialed Gerard's number, I had memorized right after he gave it to me... true love can make the brain do wonders...
RING
RING
"Hello?"
"Hi!" I practically screamed in excitement after hearing his voice.
"Hi Marilyn!" He seemed happy as well... hope it isn't fake...
"What's up?" I asked trying to contain my excitement.
"Oh, nothing. Why did your mom call you home earlier?"
"Oh... that." what the hell should I tell him that wont make me seem crazy? "One of my Mom's relatives miraculously, out of the blue showed up, and she wanted me to meet her." I said quickly.
"That's really wierd, who was it?"
"Oh, just a cousin who I have never met before." I sound so stupid when I lie, and I hate lyeing to Gerard.
"Is your cousin staying over at your house?"
"No, oddly she just left right after I met her."
"That's retarded. Why?"
"Honestly, I have no clue." I said truthfully.
"Oh." and then I knew exactly how to break the awkward silence that was begining to emerge.
"So, about this band, you want to hold tryouts or something?"
"Wow, Um, I haven't exactly thought of that yet..." I guess I caught him off guard.
"That's okay..." I didn't know what to say...
"Well, I'll get back to you tommorow about the band... but tryouts are a good idea." that's a relief, "Also, about that picture I drew you... did you seriously like it?"
"I seriously liked it, Gerard." I said truthfully. I hope I didn't sound sarcastic.
"Your not being sarcastic...?"
"No! Of course not, I loved the picture!"
"Oh, okay. Well, when should I give it to you?"
"Oh, umm, how about tommorow?" I asked, hoping he'll agree.
"I'll give it to you after school, then." I yawned.
"That sounds cool. See you tommorow." I said, feeling my eyelids get heavier with every passing second.
"Okay, I love you." my eyelids snapped open.
"I love you too." I said automatically, and then he hung up. Gerard Way loves me! Yippee! Well, I already knew that, but it's always nice to hear...
RING
RING
My phone went off.
"Hello?" I asked, not at all tired anymore.
"Hi Marilyn!" said a hyper as usual Nicole.
"Hey." I said, trying not to sound as excited as I felt.
"So what happened?"
"What do you mean?" I realy enjoy bothering Nicole. I seriously don't know why.
"With Gerard." She was annoyed enough. I'll stop now.
"Oh, nothing, he just said he loved me."
"Are you serious?" she sounded annoyed for some reason, "I already knew that. What I meant is what did you guys do?"
"Oh. He gave me this picture he drew, which was beautiful, and then we kissed."
"Oh my god, Marilyn, how far did you get?" she showed genuine interest. Well, she was my best friend...
"We didn't get passed first base." I said dissapointedly. Not that I wanted to go all the way, but a little farther wouldn't hurt...
"Oh. Well it is only your first date. Do you two have another date planned?"
"Yeah, tommorow after school, he's coming over."
"That's so cool, when can Justin and I and you guys double date?" I was hoping she would forget about that...
"I don't know, let's talk about it tommorow. Okay?"
"Fine. Well I'll see you tommorow."
"Yeah, see you." I said closing my phone. I layed down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling.
So much had happened today.
My Grandmother visited.
Gerard told me he loved me.
Gerard kissed me.
Gerard and I are now officially boyfriend girlfriend.
I met Frank Iero.
I met Mikey Way.
Seriously, a few weeks ago, I wouldn't dare dream any of this happening.
And seriously, if I'm not careful, in a few weeks, this dream could all become a nightmare.