Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Girl Time

RING
RING
My cell phone rang, it was Saturday morning. Ten in the morning to be exact.
I had the song Island Of Lost Souls by Blondie stuck in my head.
"Hello?" I answered tiredly. I mean, whoever it was had woke me up.
"Hi!" answered the ever hyper Nicole.
"Hey, Nicole." I said.
"Are you ready?"
"For what?" I asked.
"For the mall, duh!" she said. I had completely forgotten we were supposed to go to the mall together today. With all the band stuff it had gotten lost in my mind.
"Oh, yeah." I said, trying to sound like I knew all along.
"Yeah, I'll be over to pick you up in twenty minutes, 'kay?" twenty minutes wasn't nearly enough time to get ready.
"But---" I began to protest, but she had already hung up the phone.
I sighed and began to get ready.
In fifteen minutes I had my lime green and hot pink AC/DC top on with my grey-blue jean mini skirt and black and white, alphabet print high tops.
All that was left was to do my makeup and hair. Great.
I sprinted to the bathroom and brushed my hair. I took out some anti-poof stuff and slathered it onto my hair.
Then I did my makeup. I put on hot pink lip gloss and black eyeliner with silver eye shadow.
I finished off with a black and white skull print head band. I wore a head band every day, it was just something I did.
RING
RING
It was the door. I grabbed my purse and flew out the door.
"Marilyn!" screamed Nicole, "You look completely georgous!" she shouted.
"Thanks, you look nice too." I said. Nicole looked pretty as usual. She was wearing a beige owl print thermal with grey shorts. Surprisingly, nothing was from Abercrombie and she had on dark blue converse, "When did you buy the converse?" I asked.
"A while ago, I just decided to wear them today because they go with my outfit. And they don't look half bad."
"Yeah, what happened to the Abercrombie?" I asked.
"I don't know. I guess, I found something better." she answered.
"So, your through with Abercrombie and Hollister for good?" I asked happily.
"I don't know about that, but I recently discovered Forever 21, and I don't hate it." I smiled.
"That's great." I said still smiling. I didn't have an Abercrombie obsessed best friend anymore. She had finally realized how stupid those stores were, something I did when I was in sixth grade. I realized that I hated the clothes and it was overpriced garbage. That was when I truly became unpopular, and I truly became happy.
"So, I think we should look in Macy's, and Mandee's, and..."
"Hot Topic." I said plainly.
"Hot Topic has dresses?" she asked.
"Yeah, but I don't think you'd like them..."
"Marilyn, if they're realy gothic and stuff, they'll make you look like a five year old playing dress up... It wouldn't look good on you."
"But---" I protested. I don't want some white and pink floral prink cocktail dress from Macy's.
"Macy's and Mandee's have a lot of cool dresses... Dresses that you would wear, you know what I mean?"
"Well I guess..." I said.
"Okay, good." she said. And we arrived at the mall.

I ended up buying a black and lime green cocktail dress from Macy's and some black and hot pink striped leggings and matching jewelry. Nicole bought black leggings and a super short colorful floral print dress.
"So, you wanna grab a bite to eat?" asked Nicole. I wasn't hungry.
"Not realy, first I want to go to Hot Topic." I said.
"What do you want to buy from their?"
"A CD."
"What CD?" she asked as we were walking towards the Hot Topic.
"Blondie." I answered plainly.
"Oh." she said. Nicole likes music like Madonna and other pop singers. She doesn't listen to rock too much, "Mind if I wait outside?" she asked.
"Not at all." I answered and walked into the store.
"You wanna get away you've had it man
Nothing's going right
So come sit on the sands of the island
Island of Lost Souls" The song started in my head.
When I went inside, I saw something I didn't expect to see at all.
I saw Bob Bryar.