Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Afros, Uggs, and Demolished Drums

I stared at Frank in horror. I just couldn't understand. How could Frank Iero like Nicole? He wears black Chuck Taylors, and she wears green Uggs. He has short black spiky hair. She has shoulder length brown hair with bangs covering her eyebrows. He listens to Black Flag, she listens to Blondie, two completely different sounding Punk bands. They're polar opposites. But then again, opposites attract. But even then, Nicole has a boyfriend.
"No." was all I could manage to say. Frank looked down at his feet, ashamed.
"I shouldn't have said anything." he mumbled to himself.
"I won't tell her."I assured him. And I wouldn't tell Nicole, she would freak out. It's not that she doesn't like Frank, but she doesn't like the fact that he trys to be something he's not.
"Sure." he glared at me. Just then, the nurse walked out of the office.
"What is going on here?" she shouted, "Shouldn't you two be at lunch?" she said.
"I don't feel well." Frank said, clutching his stomach.
"Yeah, and I helped him here..." I said. Unfortunately, I was a terrible liar.
"Oh." she said, " I was just running out for lunch, but I could take you in for a moment. Just to check you out." she said.
"Well, I should be off..." I said. turning to leave.
"See you." said Frank.
"Bye." I replied. I turned to the direction the Cafeteria was in and began to walk. I noticed someone I hadn't seen before in school, standing outside the cafeteria. I thought I had seen him before. As I got closer I realized I did know the guy. The guy was Ray Toro.
"Ray?" I asked when I was a few feet away from him.
"Oh, hey. I didn't know you go here." he said quietly. He seemed shy.
"Yeah, I do. I haven't seen you here before." I pointed out.
"Today's my first day."
"If you want I could help you out, you know, to find your classes and stuff."
"Oh. Thanks." he said.
"You know, Gerard and Frank go here too." I said as we began to walk to the table Gerard and Nicole were sitting at.
"Oh. Does Matt go here?" he asked, in a frightened voice.
"No, why?" I asked as we sat down.
"Hey, I didn't know you go here!" said Gerard happily. I remembered he had liked Ray.
"Yeah, it's my first day." he said.
"What were you saying?" he asked me over Gerard explaining to Nicole who Ray was.
"What's up with Matt?"
"It's just that... Well..."
"What?" I asked. I had become an expert at persuading people to tell me things ever since... Well, five minutes ago when I was talking to Frank.
"Is there something wrong with his drums?" He asked. How could he know?
"Actually, yes," I said. His happy face suddenly turned stone cold, "How do you know?" I asked.
"Matt called me," he bagan, "He said someone told him I destroyed his drums."
"But you didn't." I pointed out.
"But Matt doesn't know that, and he's gonna beat the shit out of me next time I see him."
"But." I said. It was all I could manage without screaming.
"That's horrible. We all know who killed the drums," said Gerard, "And it wasn't you."
"Who was it?" asked Ray.
"Well, it was..." I didn't know if I should tell him. I looked at Gerard. He looked calm, like he didn't mind me saying anything, and Ray did have the right to know, "Frank." I finished.
"What the..." he said, dumbfounded.
"It's not his fault." I said.
"Yeah, it's a long story." said Gerard. And we began to tell him the story, together.
By the time we finished, the bell had rung. I went into the hall to discover Frank walking toward the nearest exit, carrying his backpack.
"Wait!" I called as I ran to him, lugging my books. Realy, it was rather painful.
"What?" he asked.
"Why the hell did you tell Matt that Ray demolished his drums?" I said quickly, not wanting to be late for class.
"What are you talking about?" he sounded clueless, "I never spoke to Matt."
"Oh." I said.
"Okay, then..." he waved one hand and turned to leave.
Frank didn't tell Matt anything. But I had a pretty good idea as to who did.