Status: This is my first attempt at writing, so please bare with me. I'm sorry if this is really crappy. Let me know what you think, I'm already working on more!

This One's For You

What are the odds?

And then I freeze. No! I cannot do this. “Think of Austin” I say to myself, “He would not be proud of you if you do this again.” The pep talk I give myself actually works this time. I slowly remove the razor from my wrist with still shaking fingers, and I put it back in my nail care case. I put the case back in my bag so I won’t be tempted to try to hurt myself again. I’ve been doing pretty well. The last time I harmed myself was a week ago. It’s the longest I’ve kept the razor from my wrist since I first started self-harming. And I’m determined to keep it that way.

After the lunch room fiasco, I decide to just skip the rest of the day and head down to my favorite café. When I get there I notice only a few cars in the parking lot. Of course it wouldn’t be busy yet, everyone’s either working or at school, I think to myself. I park my car and go in, walking right up to the counter. I don’t even have to think about what I want, because I come here almost every day. “One venti mocha latte, please” I ask the barista. I pay for my drink and when he hands it to me I turn and look around for the first time since I walked in. There are two guys sitting at my usual table in the corner. I look closer and am so shocked, I almost drop my coffee. There, sitting at my table, is none other than Austin Carlile and Alan Ashby.
~~~~~
Oh. My. God. I can’t even think straight. All I can do is awkwardly stare at them with my green eyes open wide. Austin looks up from his phone and looks straight at me. We make eye contact, and all I can do is stare. It feels like we stare at each other for hours, when in reality it’s less than a minute before Alan turns around and sees me staring.

He waves and jokingly says “Hey! Quit staring and come say hi already haha!”

When he speaks, I finally come to my senses. I slowly make my way over to their table and when I just stand in front of it, Alan says “You can sit down you know, we don’t bite.”

So I sit down and sneak a quick glance at Austin. He’s still staring at me, surprisingly. I quickly look away and blush. Alan says, “Hi I’m Alan, and this is Austin. What’s your name?”

“Ariana” I barely get out. “And you don’t have to introduce yourselves because I already know who you guys are. I’m a huge fan.” I say rapidly.

The moment I start talking, Austin seems to come to his senses. “Well that’s great!” he says. “I love meeting fans, there’s nothing better in the world than that. Well, it’s a close second to performing for fans. That definitely tops my list of best things to do. There’s no other feeling like it. Really.” Austin’s face gets red, as he realizes he was rambling.

“Whoa dude, got a lot to say huh?” jokes Alan.

“Erm, uhh, I dunno I just like meeting fans…” Austin stammers, still red in the face.

“Yeah, okay man. Sure.” Alan says with a smirk.

I wonder what’s gotten him so flustered… He meets fans all the time. I consider this while I ask the boys “So what brings you guys here?

“Uhm, coffee, haha.” Alan says.

“Oh right, I should have guessed that.” I say lamely. This is a coffee shop dumbass, think of something better to say or they’ll think you’re a freak just like everyone else does…

Austin interrupts my thoughts by saying “So are you coming out to our show in two weeks?”

“Oh I wish I could, trust me. But I don’t have any money…” I say, looking down.

“Well here!” Austin says “Take this extra ticket we have, I would love to see you there!”

“Oh my god, are you kidding me?” I say in excitement “I can actually have it?”

“Of course you can!” Alan says

“Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!” I nearly scream.

“Haha, it’s no problem, really.” Austin says “Well we’ve gotta get going, band rehearsal in 15 minutes. It was super nice meeting you!!!”

“Yeah, ditto!” Alan says “See you at the show!”

When they get up to leave, they indicate I should get up to hug them. Alan hugs me, then Austin leans in for a hug. It was definitely the best 10 seconds of my life.

As they exit the café, I sit back down to finish my coffee. I cannot believe that just happened, I think to myself. What are the odds that I decide to skip school, and Austin Motherfucking Carlile just so happened to be in my favorite café. And he gave me a ticket for the show I was dying to go to!!!!!! I hug myself, thinking of Austin’s strong arms around me, and I smile. Now to just get through the next two weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to wait a little bit to upload this chapter, but I got impatient. So here's chapter two, thanks to the people that subscribed! Tell me what you think so far, and again, I'm sorry if this is craptastic.