Status: I'll update as much as I can!

Princess of Undead

Welcome to the world and all the landing that was wasted

I sat in the passenger seat anxiously while Jorel drove. My anxiety only got worse as we got closer to the studio, I started to bounce my leg and bite my lips.

"You're gonna bite through your lip if you keep doing that. Do you really want to go through that again?"

"No, I guess not." I stopped bouncing my leg and put all my focus onto not biting my lip. I grabbed my leather wrist-let off the floor and grabbed my pack of Marlboro Reds. The feeling of smoke in my lungs calmed me down a little, But I go back to bouncing my leg.

"I know you're nervous Dove, but the only people you haven't met here will be our management and producers. Just pretend you're hanging out with guys."

Jay's words calmed me down a bit more, and hearing his nickname for me never hurts. All the boys had their own personal nickname for me, Dove being Jays for me. When we're all together i'm usually 'Princess". But whenever i'm with only a few of them, the personal nicknames come out.

He's completely right, there's nothing to be nervous about. I'm untouchable with the boys around, Constantly protected. Even if I don't like it sometimes, I have become precious to them. Even Aron has his moments where his almost human qualities shine through. Otherwise he's just a rat.

"I know. Aron will knock me down, you must know that right? He's gonna make me seem far more unstable than I am, point out my scars and all my disorders, tell them i'm unfit for the band and for touring. He'll do everything he can to keep me out." I sighed. "I know it had to come out to record label eventually, but i'd like for it to be on my own terms. I don't want them finding out I have severe depression and self-injury problem and many other disorders through an angry, angsty, egotistical jerk."

"He's not that bad, Dove. I know you two don't get along, and sometimes the rest of us don't get along with him, but he wouldn't rat you out.. I think. I hope. Besides, the rest of us really want you to join us, and you know that when it comes to you, we'll do anything to make you happy."

We pull into the parking lot for A&M/Octone Records. I start biting my lips again when I see we're the last to arrive, and pull down my sleeves.

"I care more about your success than my happiness. If your management doesn't want me, just let it go, ok? i don't want you guys losing this."

Jay turned his truck off and turned to me. "We're about to record a new album, don't worry, ok? With recording coming up, they'll love a new voice." His faces breaks into a smile, making me smile.

"okay, okay. Let's go." I said, taking a deep breath.

When we entered the room holding all the guys; the management, my boys, the producers etc, everyone stared at me. I know I probably look strange in my long sleeves, shorts, and high heel sneakers, but the boys should be used to my strange clothing choices by now.

Time to put on an award winning act, as always.

"Hello!" I said brightly, a large smile taking over my face. " My name is Ali, in case the boys haven't told you. Very nice to meet you all." I waved and kept the million dollar smile on my face, and sat down between George, who I sometimes called my porridge, and Jorel.

"Very nice to meet you, Miss Hawthorne. We've heard quite a bit about you."

My smile falters for a second and I look at Aron, who has an evil grin playing on his lips .I immediately put back on the smile and look the most important looking man in the eye. "All good things I hope." i say with a light hearted laugh.

"Mostly, yes. But the most important thing here is whether or not your voice is right for the success of this band. Why don't you go into the recording booth and we'll get a good understanding of your voice and a few tracks and hopefully by the end of the day you'll be the newest member of Hollywood Undead." He ends with a smile. Either he's not as evil as I thought, or he's just as good of an actor as I am.

"Okay, sounds great!"

I walk into the booth and get settled. They have me do vocal warm ups, tests to check my vocal range, and sing various choruses to see how well my voice holds up. It isn't until someone has the great idea to have me rap that I finally get a reaction out of the stuffy important men.

Music is where I shine, where I am 100% myself. I let go of everything. I rap everything I think I can handle, and get a few eyebrow raises from the management.

When they're finally satisfied I hear through the headphones what I've been looking forward to all day.

"Very good job Miss Hawthorne, and welcome to Hollywood Undead."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just clearing up that I dont personally dislike the Deuce, just thought it'd be a nice bit of drama for the story. Comments please! Thank you for reading!