Status: i write, then type. comment with some suggestions if you'd like :D

Livin' Like a King Someday

Hell Above

I watched as Vic's pretty form walked over to our teacher. Mike looked at me and mouthed, 'Whats he doing??' I shrugged.

"Class, please take a seat. Vic is going to perform something for us today." Our teacher announced. Mike's mouth hung open.

Vic sat down in a chair he pulled up to the front and raised the guitar to his lap.

"I started writing this song on March 22nd."

'What?? That's the day i almost killed myself..'

"I realized this morning that's a month ago tomorrow. I never finished it until today, though. I've had a ton of inspiration on my mind lately."

He looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back. 'I'm his inspiration? c:'

"This song's called Hell Above."

Those were the last words he said before the beautiful sound of the acoustic guitar filled the room.

"I cannot spend another night in this home
I close my eyes and take a breath real slow
The consequence is if I leave I'm alone
But what’s the difference when you beg for love?
As I run through the glass in the street
Kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
And take the face of the wolf"

'Holy shit.. That's like, my life right there... He must have problems at home too. I knew it!'

"'Cause this is a wasteland, my only retreat
With heaven above you, there's hell over me"

His eyes were closed. His voice sounds so beautiful.

"I met someone who never looked so alone
Like sugar water in your mouth luke warm
They tied a cherry stem for me with their tongue
We fell in love and now we’re both alone"

'Was that verse about me? Does he like me too?' My head was spinning and my eyes were watering.

"‘Cause I don’t need any more friends
And another kiss like a fire on pavement
We’ll burn it down to the end
Cause this is a wasteland, my only retreat
With heaven above you, there's hell over me
The water is rusted, the air is unclean.
And there for a second I feel free
Cause this is a wasteland, my only retreat"

He looked like he was in his own little world. His strumming became softer and slowed a bit. He took a breath and sang again.

"I've waited all this night to honor you and say,
'I know it’s hard, but who are you to fall apart on me, on me?' "

Guitar solo. Beautiful.

"Cause this is a wasteland, my only retreat
With heaven above you, there's hell over me
You said what about us, well what about me?
Hang from the gallows, asleep in the rain
Cause this is a wasteland, my only retreat
Paralyze me
Don't let me jump, don't let me fall"

The room went silent. The class started to applaud and I was silently sitting in my seat. I realized I was crying when Vic looked up at me. He sat the guitar down and left the room. I ran to him as fast as i could til I reached him. He stopped in the bathroom, stood in the corner and started sobbing. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him tightly with my chin rested on his shoulder.

"Vic," My voice crackled from crying. "You wrote that the day I almost killed myself.. I am so glad that I didn't. Ecstatic even. I could tell you wrote that second verse for me. Vic, that song is the single most wonderful thing I have ever heard. It was perfect. The guitar, your voice.. Everything was beautiful. Just like you." I kissed his shoulder and we continued to stand in that position til the bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whenever i type the word beautiful, i always spell it out like Jim Carey from that one movie xD i forgot what its called. ANYWAYS theyre gettin somewhere!! Comment/Subs/Rec! love you guys!