‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

The next twenty-four hours pass in a blur, like a day dream and Kelly can't help but wonder if discovering that she is pregnant was just a nightmare. A text from Marilyn had brought it all back in one swift swoop, her mind rambling over possibilities and options. She has options, realistic options that she normally wouldn't agree with. Then again, the thought of cradling a baby in her arms and raising that child makes her smile. It's a catch-22, being stuck between a rock and an even harder place.
She hasn't spoken to Jeremy about it yet because she can't find the right time. It's been on the tip of her tongue so many times and every time she's ready to just say it, she can't. Telling him that she is pregnant with his baby could change everything, a stress they both don't need. She isn't even sure if she wants this baby.

Jeremy shuffles nervously into the darkened bedroom and is reassured that he won't have to speak to Kelly, the softness of her breathing telling him that she's asleep. His face is still flushed and he feels like a deer that's been caught in the headlights. Caught in the act, so to speak. He undresses quietly and slides underneath the covers, lying with his back to Kelly.

"Jeremy?" She whispers. Kelly moves so her stomach is pressed to his back, propping herself up on her elbow. Jeremy feels her arm draping over his ribs and rubbing his chest gently.

A relaxed sigh escapes his lips. It feels good just to be held.
Kelly can feel him relaxing at her touch as her lips graze the back of his shoulder.

"Yeah, baby?" He says, feeling her breath tickle his skin.

"I love you no matter what" she says. Jeremy twists and turns onto his back. His fingertips gently guide her by the chin to his own as he kisses her softly and sweetly.

"I love you too." He replies as he kisses.

Jeremy had tried once again to raise more than to raise and shrugged it, even though it was quite plain to Kelly that he hates feeling the way he does.

***

Kelly squirts perfume onto her wrists and double checks her appearance in the full length mirror. She is watching Jeremy's reflection as she adjusts the waistband of her skirt. His brows are furrowed in deep concentration as he reads whatever is on the page. Jeremy had given in and told her he had tried everything he could think of to have an erection and she had reassured him that sex wasn't as important as he thought. He had told her it makes him feel less of a man when he can't please his woman or feel any pressure himself. Kelly had hugged him tightly as they fell asleep.

"What about viagra?" Jeremy suggests from the bed."It's the only thing I've not tried"

"It's worth a try." Kelly replies as she walks over to the bed and sits down.
They had done a lot of talking last night, but she still hadn't mentioned the baby. The time still wasn't right.
She didn't know if the time would ever be right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a long part, but it will be worth it :)