Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

First Day

listen

I ran around my extraordinarily messy bedroom hurriedly as I tried my absolute hardest to fit practically every single article of my clothing in the three suitcases that I would be bringing with me on the trip. As I zipped up the final suitcase with a relieved sigh since I was finally done, my mother walked into my room with a distraught expression on her face as if she was now rethinking the decision that we had made together so many months ago.

“Ugh,” I began when I saw her, “Why do I have the feeling that I know what you're about to say to me?”

“Gab, I was thinking and maybe this isn’t a very good idea…” she said to me, making my brown eyes widen in shock.

“Mom, I absolutely adore you, but I'm going to that school.”

“But, why does it have to be a boarding school all the way in Canada? You're only sixteen years old, honey. Are you sure that there isn’t a school in New York that you would prefer to attend? We can look around and go to a few interviews.”

“I miss my friends, mom. They're all in that school without me. You and I both know that I’ve been working my ass off for the longest time to get that scholarship and get accepted into that school.”

She paused for a minute and took a deep breath before letting it out as she nodded her head reluctantly, knowing that I had indeed poured all of my hard efforts into this school.

“Alright, let’s go to the airport.”

I nodded my head and gathered my things, dragging the three suitcases, my carry-on bag, and my purse with me as I walked down the stairs. After throwing everything into the trunk of my mother’s car, we got into the car and rushed to the airport since we were running late.

“I love you.” I said to my mom, giving her a quick hug before handing the attendant my ticket so that she could let me board the plane.

“I love you too,” she replied as I walked away and rushed to get onto the plane, “Call me when you land! And say hi to Brianna for me!”

Eventually, the plane landed and I was walking around the terminal in search of a familiar face. I eventually saw the familiar curly brown head of hair that belonged to my best friend’s boyfriend.

“Harry!” I exclaimed as I ran to him while still dragging my suitcases and everything behind him, my arms wrapping around him when I finally reached him.

“Gab!” he exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around me as well and pulled me in for one of the tight hugs that I missed more than anything.

“Where’s my beautiful best friend?!” I asked him in an extremely excited tone as he took two of my suitcases and my carry-on as well, leading me in the opposite direction.

“I thought I was your best friend.” he whined, making me roll my eyes and nudge his shoulder slightly with a chuckle in my throat.

“Harold, where’s your girlfriend?”

“She had class so I came to pick you up. I was given strict orders by Brianna to pick you up from the airport then bring you back to the dorm that you two will be sharing.”

“So you basically do whatever she tells you to, right?” I asked him, making him roll his eyes since we both knew that it was true.

“If I value my life and want to live another day, then yeah, I usually do whatever she tells me to do.”

“I missed you, Hazz.” I said with a smile, toying with his brown curls.

“I missed you too, Gabie.”

His car eventually stopped about half an hour of small talk, pausing in front of a large metal gate that was locked with an attendant standing outside it in a small room to make sure that Harry had all of the things he needed to go onto the campus.

“Student ID?” asked the guard.

Harry handed the guard his ID along with another one that I assumed was mine. The guard nodded his head before handing Harry back the two ID’s and pressing the large button that would open the heavy gates in front of us so that we could be let in.

“This is yours.” Harry said as he handed me one of the ID’s that had my face on it along with my name, birthday, and the year I was in, “Make sure you don’t lose it because they're really expensive to replace and if you get caught without it, they might send you home.”

I nodded my head as I put the ID in my wallet so that I wouldn’t lose it and I would always know where it was no matter what. When I put my wallet into my purse and looked up, I gasped when I saw the school in front of me. The many different pictures that Brianna had sent me did not do the school justice and I quickly fell in love with the old fashioned buildings.

“Wow, it’s so beautiful.” I said with a smile on my face as I looked around, enjoying the green glass and the way it mixed with the blue sky over the horizon.

Harry smiled and nodded his head, agreeing with me even though I could tell that he didn’t think it was as gorgeously breathtaking as I thought. He drove down to the dorms, the large swimming pool in the back right next to the parking lot being the first thing I saw.

“Oh my god, I think I just landed in heaven!” I exclaimed as we got out of the car and walked to the trunk to take my stuff out.

“Once you start getting homework and you take your first exams, you won’t love it as much as you do now.” Harry said, making me roll my eyes as we started to walk towards the dorms.

Harry held a door open for me and I stepped through, hearing a few people whispering to each other as they tried to figure out who I was and why I was joining so late in the school year. I followed Harry as he walked to the right then made his way up the stairs.

“The girl’s dorms are on the right side and the boy’s dorms are on the left. If you get caught in one of the boy’s dorms after nine thirty, you get three demerits. With every six demerits, you get a detention. After six detentions, you get suspended. After twelve detentions, you get expelled. Any questions?” he asked as he led me down the hall, stopping at door 2B.

“How many times have you gotten caught in Brianna’s room?” I asked him with a smirk on my face since I knew that he had probably gotten caught a few times, making him roll his eyes at my question.

“I got caught six times but I only got demerits for two.” he said as he knocked on the door.

“It’s open!” a voice called from inside the room.

When the door opened, I saw the back of Brianna’s blonde head as she sat down under her bed on the pink side of the room and quickly typed something onto her laptop. Harry and I walked inside as Brianna typed the very last punctuation on what I assumed was one of the essays that she was always writing to maintain her 97 average in English. She turned around, spinning around on the chair to face us. The second her dark blue eyes met with my hazel brown ones, she ran towards me as fast as she could with a wide smile on her face.

“Boobear!” she exclaimed as she wrapped her arms tightly around me.

“Hi sunshine!” I replied in the same happy tone as I hugged my best friend close to me.

“I missed you so much, I’ll help you unpack.” she said, grabbing my suitcases and dragging them over to the green side of the room that would be my side.

“Babe,” Harry began, easily catching Brianna’s attention, “I'm gonna head back to my dorm. The guys and I will be back in a few hours.”

“Alright,” she started, placing a small kiss on his lips, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“He’s so sweet.” I said once he had walked away and the door to out dorm room was closed.

Brianna blushed but nodded her head as she walked towards me, helping me unpack my stuff into my dresser, trunk, chest, and closet. The job would have taken me hours, but thanks to her severe OCD and the fact that she needed to have everything in a certain order anyway I let her take over for me and she finished the job in just under an hour.

“So,” she began, sitting down next to me on the floor by the stairs that led to our beds, “What do you want to do now?”

I shrugged my shoulders as I continued to stare down at the white phone in my hands while I reblogged different things on Tumblr.

“You know what I just realized,” I started, “Why are all social networking sites blue?”

“Because that’s the color of the sky and once you get a Tumblr, you never go outside to see it.”

“I missed your stupid things that somehow make sense.” I said with a content sigh, watching as she rolled her eyes before standing up.

“Come on.”

“Where are we going?” I asked as she pulled on my hand to pull me up.

“We’re going to go see the guys. I need to introduce you to my friends.”

“I didn’t know you had friends. This is all new information to me.” I said, making her nudge me slightly as she handed me a key that was on her white desk below her bed.

“A key?”

“It’s your copy of the key to come into our dorm, I assumed you would enjoy being able to unlock the door.”

I rolled my eyes, putting the key into my pocket for now so that I wouldn’t lose it before I even had the chance to use it. We walked out of our dorm and she led me out of that hallway and down the stairs, crossing the co-ed living area that I had first seen when Harry and I walked in for the first time. The two of us walked up the left staircase towards the boy’s dorms and I followed Brianna until she stopped at room 5F. She placed her hand on the doorknob and opened the door, not even bothering to knock.

“You guys are all decent, right? I have someone that I want to introduce you all to and I don’t want her to be scarred for life before her first day of classes.”

“We’re decent!” an unfamiliar voice called, making Brianna chuckle.

She opened the door a little wider and stepped through the open space, her fingers laced with mine as she dragged me along with her into the boy’s room. I didn’t know any of them other than Harry personally, and I only recognized any of them from pictures Brianna had shown me whenever she came home during the holidays.

“Guys, this is my very best friend Gabriella Olsen! Gab, this is Zayn, Zayn’s girlfriend Perrie, Louis, Louis’ girlfriend Eleanor, Liam, Liam’s girlfriend Danielle, and…” she began before pausing as everyone greeted me happily with welcoming smiles and she acted as if there was something or someone missing in the large group of friends, “Guys, where’s Niall?”

“Niall?” I began in a confused tone, knowing that was she was referring to her cousin that she spent an absurd amount of time with, “I forgot that Niall goes to school here too.”

“You know how Niall is, he’s probably off somewhere with girl of the week right now.” Zayn said with a roll of his hazel eyes.

As the conversation continued I felt my thin eyebrows furrow together in confusion and even though I was a part of the conversation, I knew that deep down I was still apart from it as I tried to figure out why Niall had changed so much from the last time I saw him three years ago when the two of us were thirteen and he was packing away all of his belongings to come here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment on my new baby!!!

FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

For those of you that are Directioners, please check out, She’s a Rebel, She’s a Saint it’s a Harry Styles fan-fic.

Or, just look at my entire One Direction collection