Higher Than My Expectations

Currents Convulsive

I woke up with a start, hearing the door of the bus crack shut.
''Hello?'' A voice called out ''Anyone in?''
''In the back room!'' I called back
A few seconds later the door slid open and revealed Oli.
''Oh hey Oli!'' I smiled at him, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and settling my self properly on the sofa, ''You can sit down you know'' I giggled at his awkwardness and gestured towards the seat.
''I know'' he poked his tongue out at me ''I didn't wake you up did I?'' He suddenly looked concerned
''No, well yeah but it's okay. I was half way through a movie marathon, I left Star Wars with Tony because he broke his so I've had to improvise with Harry Potter and a bunch of shit chick flicks'' I laughed and turned round in my seat to face him better.
''Ah, I see your problem'' he chuckled ''So, how are you feeling? I would have come to see you in the hospital when you had woken up but I was busy with the band and...''
''It's alright, I wasn't in there long after I woke up anyway, turns out there was nothing wrong with my results and I just had a mild concussion so they let me go a couple of hours after''
''Oh so that's not too bad then'' He smiled
''Could have been worse I guess''
''Yep'' his eyes flickered towards the telly and back at me again ''What are you even watching?''
''I actually have no idea. What time is it?''
''It is...'' he pulled out his phone and put it back in his pocket ''6:15''
My eyes widened ''Shit''
''Why?''
''Everyone left at lunchtime, and the last time I checked the time was at the beginning of Friends with Benefts, I've been asleep for about 3 hours'' I laughed nervously, yawned and slummed back in my seat pulling my blanket up around my chin
''Awwr'' He pinched my cheeks ''What a little cutie''
''If you say so mate, I'm like the Devil's child''
''Yeah, I know. But it's cool, I don't mind'' He poked his tongue out at me
I laughed and gestured towards the stack of DVD's ''Pick one out please?'' I battered my eyelids until he moved
''Which one?''
''Anything you want, as long as you're actually going to stick around and watch it, and not leave me half way through a boring piece of shit''
''Well I'll stick around if you want to''
''No, I don't. That's why I said it''
''You're a sarcastic little bitch aren't you!'' He laughed and put a DVD into the side of the telly
''Only when I need to be''
He came and sat down in his original seat and I scooted across the sofa and cuddled up to him, he gently placed his arm around my shoulder
''You alright Squirt?''
I laughed at his old nick name for me ''Yep, just cold'' I smiled up at him and settled down to watch the DVD.
The title screen for Ice Age came up and I shook my head, ''Whose childish now hey?''
''Who said anyone was childish?''
''You always call me childish when I watch this, and now you've picked it. Role reversal much''
''Ice Age is fucking awesome though, to be perfectly honest'' He laughed
''That's true''
I settled down and got comfortable, and eventually drifted off to sleep.