Sequel: Love Is Forever

Where Did the Love Go?

Ch. 2

It has been a week since the divorce was finalized. People say that by now the love should be gone, but it was still there. Every night when I went to bed I wished I had Sidney’s arm around me. I wished I didn’t have to do it alone.
Tonight I lay in bed and I cant fall asleep. It has been a little over 6 months since Sidney and I separated, and exactly a week to the day that we got divorced. I rolled over in my bed and looked at the side that Sidney you to sleep on. I felt the tears form in my eyes, and I began to cry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ Nicole come to bed!” Sidney said in a whining voice.
“ I will Sid I will be right there.”
“Come on babe you know I cant fall asleep unless you are next to me.”
“ I know Sid you tell me that every night.”
“Well that’s because its true. I need to have my arm around you. You are like a drug to me what can I say?”
“Oh I am? What kind am I?” I said climbing into the other side of the bed.
“ I don’t know the name for it, but you are a very bad kind of drug one that once you get a little bit, you cant get enough.” he said with a laugh.
I laid down on the bed next to Sid and he put his arm around me.
“ I’ve got you now and I am never letting.” he said in an evil voice that made me laugh and he pulled me in closer.
“Not even when you have practice of a game?”
“ Nope lace up cause your going with me. I’m never ever going to let you go. NEVVVERRR” he said kissing my neck.
“ Good.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What happened to all that love? Where did it go? Did it just disappear?
As I thought about all of that, I began to cry even more. That was just one of the many times that Sid had told me something that would end up being a lie. I needed to get out of there. I needed some water. I walked down the stair and headed into the kitchen.
I heard a noise coming from the couch, and I didn’t know who or what it was. So I grabbed a hockey stick that Sid had left and walked closely to the couch.
I slowly walked over to the couch there was a person sleeping, but I couldn’t see who it was. I got really scared but I needed to see who it was. The person moved and I screamed a deathly scream.
“JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I THOUGHT YOU LEFT!!” he suddenly began laughing uncontrollably.
“What were you going to do? Poke me to death? Two Minutes for sticking for you. Go in the corner.” he said still laughing
“ It’s not funny you scared me.”
“ yes it is, its actually hilarious.” I looked across the room to the mirror above the fireplace, and I actually did look pretty ridiculous. I was wearing short shorts and a cami and slippers and I had my hair in a messy bun.
“ Yeah whatever. What are you doing here? I thought you went home?”
“ I did, but then I cam back.” I gave Jordan a key when Sidney first left, just incase I needed anything, so I wasn’t freaked out about how he got in.
“ Why?”
“Because I got scared?” he said giving me a weird look.
“ Jordan.”
“alright promise you wont laugh or get mad.”
“yes I promise what is it?”
“ Well every day since Sid left if I am not out of town or if I don’t have a game the next day, I sleep on the couch, but I leave before you wake up.”
The minute those words left his mouth I felt my heart break even more. He was so sweet and considerate. I felt my eyes start to water again, and before I knew it I was crying.
“ Nicole why are you crying? I didn’t mean to make you upset. I am so sorry.”
“ No its not that you didn’t make me upset. It’s just so sweet. No one has ever done anything so sweet for me before. I can’t believe you.”
“ I cant believe you never noticed. It’s actually kind of scary how you didn’t notice.”
“ Yeah I guess it is kind of scary. I mean how could I not hear you open the door or even see your car lights or something.”
“Yeah well we are going to have to teach you how to set the alarm before you go to bed.”
“ Yeah I will figure it out tomorrow.”
“ Yeah good plan. What were you doing up anyway?”
“ I just came down for some water. But I’m not really thirsty anymore.”
“ Oh okay. Do you want me to leave?”
“ No, but I don’t want you sleeping on the couch.”
“ Okay then?” he looked sort of confused and so did I
“ maybe I should juts go then.” he said looking at me for an answer
“ NO! don’t go, Jordan I know this is kind of a weird question, and I understand if you don’t want to, but would you mind sleeping with me in my bed tonight?”
“ Nicole are you sure?”
“ Yeah I’m sure. I’m sorry I hope it wont be weird, but you just sort of freaked me out with the not hearing the door open thing.” We both laughed and we headed upstairs.
Jordan and I hoped in the bed, and for the first time in a long time I feel asleep right away. I actually felt safe, I didn’t feel so alone. I woke up the next morning to jumping up and down on the bed.
“ Mommy mommy wake up!” I heard my sons voices saying I felt something warm by my body, and I saw that I had my head buried into Jordan’s chest and Jordan has his arm around me. I looked up and made eye contact with Jordan and we both quickly pulled away.
“ I’m sorry” I heard Jordan mumble
“ no I’m sorry.” I said
“ mommy why is uncle Jordan in your bed? Did you have a sleep over?” Brent asked. What do you say to a kid that asks that. I didn’t know how to explain.
“ Well I locked myself out of my house, so I had to stay over but the couch is not comfortable, so your mom let me share her bed with her.”
“ ohh.” I heard Sid Jr. say
“ So are you guys hungry?” Jordan asked
“Yes! I want pancakes please!” Brent and Sid Jr. Said at the same time.
“ okay guys then lets go make some pancakes.” Jordan said
I started to get out of bed. But Jordan stopped me “ stay in bed. You need sleep.”
“ No its okay. I can make them their pancakes.”
“ Nicole just stay in bed.”
“ Jordan.”
“ Nicole”
“ okay fine.”
“ Come on boys lets go make your mom some pancakes.” Jordan said and I heard the boys running and cheering down the stairs. There was no way I could fall back to sleep now, so I just sat there and thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ Mommy Daddy wake up!!!” my two sons said jumping on my bed
I looked over at Sid and he said “ morning beautiful.”
“ morning babe.” I said
“ hey guys what do you want to do today?” Sid asked grabbing both of our sons and letting them sit down in between the two of us.
“ Can we play hockey daddy?”
“ well you have to ask your mommy.” Sid said smiling at me
“Please mommy oh please, I want to be just like daddy when I grow up.”
“ sure you can play hockey today, but only after you have breakfast.”
“ thank you mommy.”
“ your welcome.”
“ come on guys lets go make pancakes for mommy.”
“okay daddy.” the boys jumped off the bed and headed down the stairs.
But before they did, Sid came around to my side of the bed and said “ morning baby. God I cant believe I get to wake up to your beautiful face everyday. ”
“ yes you are very lucky.”
“ yes I am married to the woman I love more than anything.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What happened to all that love? Where did it go? Did it just disappear?
What went wrong? We would have breakfast together as a family every Sunday. How did it get like this? I wish I knew the answer. We were such a happy family, but I guess the saying is true ‘ if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.’ I just never thought that my family would be too good to be true.
I walked downstairs and saw Jordan sitting at the table with my two sons. They were sitting there eating chocolate chip pancakes. I let them finish up their pancakes, and I walked over to the table and told the boys to finish up because they were going to spend the day with their dad.
“ Come on boys we have to go get ready, your daddy is going to be here in a half an hour. ”
“okay mommy.” They both said. They walked upstairs to their rooms I stayed in the kitchen just sitting there for a moment. Jordan got up and started to put the dishes in the dishwasher.
“Jordan I will do that.” I said walking up and putting the dishes down.
“ Its no big deal Nicole.” he said giving me a small smile. We both put the dishes away.
I walked into the boys rooms to make sure that they were all set to go. They were ready so they ran downstairs and sat down with Jordan on the couch. A few minutes later the doorbell rang.
My heart dropped and today would be the first time that I was going to see Sidney since the divorce was finalized last week. What would I say to him, what would he say to me? I didn’t want to face, I knew I couldn’t. I still love him. I felt like at any moment, I could burst out into tears and just break down.
But I knew I had to answer the door. So I did, I walked over to the door and opened it. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes. Was this some kind of joke?
What happened to all that love? Where did it go? Did it just disappear?