Sequel: Love Is Forever

Where Did the Love Go?

Ch. 4

He didn’t stop. He got in his car and drove off out of my sight and out of my life. You don’t know how bad I just wanted to get in my car and go after him, but I couldn’t.
I walked back in the house after a few minutes of me sitting there and crying. I heard cars go by, but I couldn’t get the strength to move. But in the back of my mind I knew that I needed to be strong for my two little sons in there.
When I walked in I saw Jordan sitting there playing with my two sons.
“where did daddy go?” my little son Brent asked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ good night Brent.” I said as I kissed my little son on the fore head and tucked him into bed. Brent was sick with a cold last night, so he was up late coughing. We had already put Sid Jr. to bed
“good night mommy good night daddy. I love you.”
“we love you too.” Sidney and I both said at the same time.
“ mommy will you lay with me?” Brent asked in his sweet little voice
“ of course honey.” I said as I sat down on the bed next to Brent
“ Daddy where are you going?” Brent asked Sid
“ I’m just going to check on your brother and get you your medicine, but I will be right back.” Sidney said to Brent
“ promise daddy?”
“ I promise son. I’m not going anywhere. I promise.”
“good daddy cause I love you and mommy and even Sidney.” Brent said in his sweet little voice that just melted my heart
“ I love all three of you too.” Sidney said and continued with “ I will be right back” and he walked out of the room and came right back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What happened to all that love? Where did it go? Did it just disappear?
“ Daddy went back home.”
“ But this is his home.” my little son Sidney Jr. said. This was the first time that I realized just how much this would affect the boys. Hearing those words made we want to run after him even more, but it wasn’t my job to chase after Sid. He needed to realize that this was him home. I don’t know if I can do anything to change his mine, but I am sure going to try.
“I know it is. Sid I know it is.” I said trying not to cry.
“ Go after him Nicole.” Jordan said
“What do you mean?” I asked confused
“ I mean call him over here and tell him how you feel. He still loves you, he will come back.”
“ Nicole if you don’t do this he might never come back.”
“ Jordan.”
“Nicole you love him and he loves you. You two belong together.”
“ But Jordan what about you?”
“ Don’t worry about me. One day I will find someone that is meant to be my soul mate. But you were meant to be Sidney’s soul mate, not mine. It was fate, and I am not one to mess around with fate.” he said laughing slightly
“ You are one amazing person Jordan Staal. You will find someone that makes you happy one day and then you will be a great father. I know it.”
“ thanks Nicole. Now go get you husband back before it is to late.”
“ I will. But how am I going to do it. I asked.”
Jordan whispered in my ear. “Alright first you are going to call him and tell him that you need to see him immediately, then you are going to make dinner for the four of you as a family, and then when the kids go to bed you are going to tell him you need to talk okay” he said in a serious voice
and then he said “ wait first you need to buy one of those sexy red things you had in the laundry and then if things go right, you are going to take off your clothes and then you take off --” he said this part laughing hysterically.
“JORDAN! I don’t need you to walk me through that I did successfully make two kids. And how do you know what’s in my laundry?!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ohh did you get this for me?” Sid asked pulling out the hot pink night gown I bought at Victoria’s Secret.
“ Sid put it back! And no I didn’t get it for you.” I said with a smirk on my face while lunging for the night gown in his hand.
“ You didn’t get it for me? Then who did you get if for? Are you having an affair?” Sid said laughing
“oh my god you know about Kris and I and our deep burning love for each other?! Who told you? Was it Jordan? I bet it was Jordan.” I said trying my best not to burst out into laughter, but I failed miserably.
“Oh really so you really want to bang letang?” sid said
“ yes please, you know I wouldn’t have to sleep around if my big hunk of man husband pleased me.”
“ oh he doesn’t please you. that’s to bad, maybe I can.” Sid said starting to kiss my neck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the first time in 7 months I thought about what happened to Sid and I not with regret or sadness, but with hope. Maybe just maybe one day soon we could have that back. Maybe we can be the couple we once were, and the family that we once were.
“ I know but you haven’t done it in a while. I was looking for a shirt of mine.”
“how do you know?” I asked giving him a funny look and crossing my arms over my chest.
“ because you haven’t even gone on a date. And doing it to yourself doesn’t count.”
“JORDAN!” I said loudly
“what I’m just kidding I know that’s not your style.” he said laughing
“ yes it isn’t but don’t worry about me, they say it is like riding a bike.”
“well you do have to ride something but its not a bi--” he said laughing
“alright Jordan.” I said
“what I’m just saying. Alright well I am off then. Call me and tell me what happens. I love you Nicole.”
“I love you to Jordan. You will find someone I promise.”
“yeah yeah, how about that sister of yours is she still single if I cant have you, might as well have the closest thing.”
“ Yes she is still single but I wouldn’t tell her that last part. Besides if you end up with her we can always have an affair together.” I said with a wink
“ aww yea deal?”
“ maybe.” I said and then Jordan walked out the door gave me a quick kiss and walked out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Hello?” sid asked on the other end
“hey Sidney. It’s Nicole. I know you probably don’t want to hear from me right now, but can you please come over.”
“ Um. Yeah I guess.”
“ Oh and leave Crystal there if you don’t mind.”
“ Crystal and I broke up.”
“ Since yesterday?”
“ yeah she told me that she couldn’t do it anymore because I was still in love with my wife.”
“ oh I’m sorry Sidney. I really am.” total lie! If I could be doing cartwheels right now I would be.
“ Yeah whatever. I will be right over. See ya in a little bit.” He said. When he said those words all the hope that I had lost over the past seven months came rushing back to me! He said see ya! Sid used to tell me that see ya wasn’t as sad as goodbye. Goodbye meant never seeing the person again, but see ya mean that they were in love. This was a good sign. A very good sign!
“ see ya sid.”