Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 7

Angel felt a shift in Loki’s attitude. She was sure she felt ... longing? She shook her head. Where did that come from? Suddenly an image flashed into her mind. It was of her face, but her eyes were filled with fire.

What was that? Where had the image come from? She sighed and pushed the thoughts aside. It must be from the strain she was under.

“Where would you like to go Loki?” She asked, looking up at him through her lashes. He seemed distracted, sad even.

He looked down at her. “Let us attend to your attire. Take us to some shops so that we can procure some suitable clothing for you.”

She nodded. “Can you tell me what you deem suitable? I am not sure what women wear in Asgard.”

He smiled at her and it almost took her breath away. He looked beautiful when he had a real smile on his face. It softened the hard edges and made him look young and innocent with just a hint of mischief.

Wait what, don’t go all soft now. Where did that come from? She forced her eyes away from his.

“The women of Asgard wear dresses that complement their figures. They are the epitome of womanhood. My mother is first among all the woman of Asgard and she is always beautifully attired in her gowns. Usually the wife will wear her husband’s colors. That is why my mother always wears gold, it shows that she is his wife and proud of it.”

He spoke lovingly of his Mother and she could see that he cared for her. It surprised her. She didn't think that he cared about anyone. Feeling emboldened by his sudden show of emotion she asked another question.

“What does your Mother look like and what is her name?” She was curious to know more about this woman who was so loved by Loki. Any woman who could melt his icy heart must be someone very special.

“She is the epitome of beauty and grace. She has golden hair always beautifully braided or styled. She walks with grace and is loved by all. Her name is Frigga and she is the goddess of Beauty, Love and Marriage. She shines in all those areas. She is the most beautiful goddess in Asgard. Her love knows no bounds; she even extended it to me the child of a Frost Giant. She is also the most faithful wife having stood by Odin at all times. even guarding him when he is in the Odin sleep.”

Angel found herself smiling at his description of her. “I think I would like to meet her, she seems to be a wonderful woman.”

He nodded his head. Seeming to disappear into his own thoughts. She sensed that he was thinking of her. He was missing her? Where were these thoughts coming from? She had never picked up things like these before, but she knew that they were coming from Loki. She sensed his sadness and inexplicably wanted to console him. She didn't understand why, she still feared him, but she still wanted to make him happy.

That thought scared her even more than Loki did. Why would she be worried about his happiness? Where were these feelings coming from? She felt so conflicted by her emotions.

She looked at Loki as they walked. He radiated sadness. She remembered the first time she saw him and the sadness she felt.
He’s lonely, lost and confused. She realized all this and somehow she knew that it was the truth. She didn't know where this new insight came from, but she knew that somehow she was picking up on his inner struggles. She felt sad for him. Perhaps she could help him, even if it was just by distracting him from his thoughts for a time.

She decided to not over think things. Perhaps he was messing with her and planting these things in her mind, but she had always been one to reach out to those who were hurt and she knew that whatever else was happening he was hurting. He was capable of love, that was evident in the way he spoke of his mother, perhaps there was hope for him. Perhaps he was not as cold as everyone thought.

She knew exactly where to start in making him a little happier.

“I think I know just the shop that would have the kind of clothes that you would like.” She said. “We would need to take a taxi though, as it is too far away to walk.”

He looked down at her with suspicion in his eyes. “You seem to be eager to go. Why the change of heart?”

She didn't know the answer herself so decided to tell him the truth.

“I don’t know, I’m still afraid of you and I don’t know what you have planned for me, but i think that under different circumstances we may have been friends. I don’t like fighting Loki and I don’t want to die yet. I know I am nothing in your eyes, but my life is everything to me. I’m willing to make certain concessions if you are willing to listen.”

He looked at her with a puzzled look in his eyes.

“I know you are telling the truth.”

“I can’t lie to you Loki, you read me like a book.” She hesitated, wanting to ask him something, but fearing his reaction.

“What is it Angel. I can see that you want to ask something. Go ahead.”

She looked at him, uncertain for a moment and then made up her mind. She was already in over her head and he was right; she did not want this to be more unpleasant than it needed to be.

“Please hear me out and don’t get mad. If you do not want to do this, then tell me and I will forget it. There will be no need to yell or threaten me, I only ask that you listen objectively.”

He smiled at her for some reason she could not fathom; and it was one of the nice smiles which almost took her breath away.

“I will listen to your request, proceed.”

She took a deep breath steeling herself in case he exploded.

“I want to make a deal with you.” He raised his eyebrow at her words. “I will not fight you, and I will obey you if you promise me that you will not harm me or make any physical advances to me. I will be the most perfect woman you may wish, but I do not want to be forced into anything.”

He looked at her with a very strange look in his eyes and for a moment she was afraid that she had gone too far. She sensed the confusion in him. He was struggling with two emotions, mistrust and hope? What could he be hoping for. She also caught a slight hint of fear, but that could not be. He was a god, why would he fear her?

Her heart was beating uncomfortably in her chest and she was just about to tell him to forget about everything she just said when he spoke up.

“I will accept your proposal, I will do nothing to you that you do not wish for and in return you will obey me in everything.” He pulled them to a stop, taking her face in his hand making her look into his eyes.

“Be warned little mortal. If you try to fight me or trick me I will be your worst nightmare. If you betray our agreement you will wish for death.”

Angel shivered at the tone of his voice, knowing that he meant every word.

“I promise.” She said looking him directly in the eyes, trying to convince him of her sincerity.

What surprised her was that she did mean it. She would not betray his trust and that puzzled and frightened her. What had he done to her? When had this change occurred? She wasn't sure, but she was willing to go with it if it meant that she would come through this with as little pain as possible.

Maybe he was right, maybe she would enjoy this. What was she thinking, she had definitely lost it. His madness must have rubbed off on her. But still she was determined to go through with this, she was not one to go back on her promises no matter what. Somehow she knew what she did now was important and that she should not mess it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so who was expecting that? Now comes the fun part. Will he keep his promise, will she? Oh what fools these mortals be. Hope you enjoy.