Sequel: Amber Eyed Angel
Status: Updating slowly - your patienceis appreciated.

Silver Tongued Devil With Emerald Eyes

Chapter 8

Loki finally let go of her face.

“Where shall we find this Taxi you spoke off.” He asked.

She smiled up at him, feeling relieved. For the first time since seeing him in her home she felt at ease. She didn't know if she could trust him, he was known for his silver tongue of deceit, but for the moment she was sure that if she kept her part of the bargain she would be safe.

She took his hand willingly and without hesitation this time and headed off to the road and hailed a taxi. She saw a small smile on his face, making him look less imposing.

“I did not know that you could do magic.” He said playfully.

She giggled, “That is not magic and you know it, come on taxi drivers are not know for their patience.”

They entered the taxi and she gave him the address. As they were driven to their destination she watched him as he looked at everything they passed. He seemed to find everything of interest.

She studied his profile, he was a very attractive man when he wasn't threatening her with death or worse. If she had met him in the street she was sure that she would have been attracted to him.

Suddenly she found his eyes on her and she blushed at being caught watching him so closely. She saw him smile a little at her discomfort.

He didn't say anything and looked out of the window again. She kept her eyes away from him, not wanting to be caught staring again. Before long the taxi came to a halt. She paid him and they got out.

The shop she brought him to was not in one of the more elite areas and not many people knew about it. One of her friends had shown her the place and she had been intending on visiting it.

The owner was also an up and coming designer. Her clothes were beautiful and feminine. She was sure that Loki would find something to his liking.

She was actually excited about modelling clothes for him. She shook her head and laughed. She would never have believed that only an hour after her morning ordeal she would be excited about doing something for him. She shrugged it off. This was better than being afraid all the time. At least she would be getting something pretty out of this.

“What are your colors Loki?” She asked as she thought about what he had said about his mother wearing gold as it was his fathers colors.

He lifted an eyebrow at her question and she found herself blushing. Perhaps she wasn't supposed to wear his colors. Perhaps that was only reserved for wives.

“Sorry if I offended you, I was thinking of what you said about the color of your mothers clothes and thought that I could wear your colors. If that is what you want.” She said uncertain of how he would react.

He nodded. “My colors are Green, gold and black.”

She was still uncertain whether he wanted her to wear his colors.

“Would it be acceptable for me to wear those colors or is it something that is reserved only for wives? I don’t want to do this wrong, I don’t know much about Asgard and your customs.” She said shy looking down at her feet in embarrassment.

“It would please me if you did.” He answered. “I think they would suite you.”

She looked up at him through her lashes. He seemed sincere and pleased?

“Ok, so let’s go in, the last time I was here they had some very nice things.”

He followed her in giving her an amused look, his eyes actually had a wicked sparkle in them.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked.

“If I had known that all I would have to do is take you shopping to get you to co operate then this would have been a lot easier.” He said.

She blushed. “Well what can I say? I’m a woman and we love pretty things.” She said. “I have wanted to buy some new things, but just never had the motivation to do so.”

His grin widened. “And I am your motivation then? Shall I be your muse for dress shopping?”

She laughed at him. “If you want to be, who am I to stand in your way? I just don’t like shopping alone as I like a second opinion and I don’t trust the sales people, they lie just to make a sale.”

He smiled. “Let us proceed then.” A sales lady appeared and smiled at them.

“Good day, how can I help you?”

Loki immediately took over. “We would like to see all your dresses. I want nothing but feminine attire."

The woman looked a little startled at his stern words so Angel stepped in.

“I really need a make over and I want a more feminine soft look.” She said with a smile. “I really want to take a look at everything with flowing lines and preferably in gold, black and green.”

“I think we have just what you need. Why don’t you sit down here sir, I will have some refreshments brought to you. If you’ll enter the dressing room I will bring you some items. “ She said; showing Loki to an area with comfortable lounge chairs and directing Angel to a nearby dressing room.

“Are you interested in everyday wear or would you like a variety for all occasions? “ She asked.

Angel was not sure what Loki would want and looked to him for direction.

“Please supply clothing fit for general wear at home, informal settings as well as formal occasions.” He directed; as he sat back in his chair stretching out his legs.

Angel marveled at his easy attitude. He exuded a sense of strength and power. No one could deny that he was the one in control and that he expected only the best. The sales lady seemed nervous around him, but nodded and moved to the clothes, picking items as she moved around. She returned with about five items in her arms.

“How many dresses are you looking for?” She directed the question not to Angel, but to Loki, sensing that he was the right person to direct the question to.

“We will be needing a full wardrobe.” He said.

Her eyes went very wide and Angel could see the dollar signs in her eyes.

She moved to the dressing room and started to dress in the first dress. It was made of a light material that hugged her figure. Hanging to her feet in gentle swirls of black and green. She felt a little uncomfortable as had a very low neck line and she was not normally one to wear such daring clothes, but the material felt so good against her skin, almost as if it was caressing her.

She moved out of the cubicle still looking down at herself, she didn't think this would be acceptable to him. She looked up at him.

‘What do you think L.. Rafe?” She said correcting herself as she remembered the name that he had given Mrs Harris. She didn't want to use his real name when they were with others.

He looked at her and indicated that she was to turn for him, which she did. As she was facing him again he had a strange look on his face, but it quickly vanished.

“It is acceptable.” He nodded.

She moved back wondering what the look was about, but decided to leave it for now and put on the next one. It was a knee length Grecian style dress in black with gold trimming underneath the breasts. She liked this one. It was nice enough to wear on an outing or to a casual dinner.

She moved out and turned for him without him having to ask which made him smile. He didn't say anything just nodded his acceptance.

‘Do you have that dress in different colors?” He asked the sales consultant.
“Yes sir, we have it in green and gold. Gold and Black. Plain black, white, green, gold and red.”

“We will not have anything in red.” He said in a cold voice which made the woman jump.

“Yes sir.”

“We will take one in all the colors except red.”

Angel moved on to the next dress and so it continued. She found that although he did not mind the shorter dresses, he preferred the longer flowing dresses so she concentrated on those.

Finally the woman came to her with one last dress. “ This is a very special dress, I don’t know whether you would want to try it, but I think your boyfriend would love this on you.“ She said with a smile.

Angel did not bother to correct her about Loki being her boyfriend and just nodded. She looked at the dress and it was indeed stunning. It was made of black silk. The bodice was tight and would show off her breasts with great effect. The back was open showing her back completely. Just below the breasts was a broad band of emerald green with a cluster of Swarovski crystals in a sun burst pattern right between the breasts. From there the black silk fell down in soft layers to the floor. She put it on and immediately felt like a princess or goddess in the dress. The skirt swirled around her legs as she turned looking at herself in the mirror. The consultant brought her a pair of black heels to wear with the dress.

“You look beautiful.”

Angel had to agree, but she wondered how Loki would react. She walked out to him. He stared at her for a moment then slowly rose from his seat and walked towards her. She stood still wondering what was going on in his mind. He walked around her looking at her from all angles. She started to feel nervous as he had yet to say anything.

“What do you think? Is it too much?” She asked looking down at the soft material of the skirt.

He moved in front of her and raised her chin with his finger, making her look into his eyes.

“The dress is fitting for a meeting with the All father and his queen. If i were to walk with you on my arm in this dress i would be hard pressed to keep all the gods of Asgard from falling at your feet in worship.”

She blushed at his intense stare. His words making her heart beat erratically.

“We will most definitely be taking this dress.”

He let go of her chin and moved to the mountainous heap of dresses that they were taking and reached in, taking out the first dress that she had tried on.

“Dress in this one.” He instructed her and turned to the consultant.

“We will be leaving with the dress I just gave her, please make arrangements for the others to be delivered this afternoon at 5.” He instructed.

Angel was sure that they did not normally deliver, but she also knew that they would do so as they had practically bought all their stock. She dressed in the dress he gave her and left on the heels that she wore with the last dress. As she left the dressing cubicle he looked at her and nodded in approval.

She saw that he was paying for everything and frowned wondering where he got the money from. She would have to ask him later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi - here is a super long one. Nothing exciting happens, but I enjoyed writing it. I know i wouldn't mind having someone buy me a whole new wardrobe Can't wait to write this from his point of view. Hope you enjoy.