Secret Identity

Not the end

Everyone is now confused, Alex and Isaac are all over the floor punching each other while Zack and Mark try to pull them apart, and my mother is in California. Out of all the things that have happened to me this month this is by far the worst.

"Elouis Serene Marriot! Is this how you study in college? And why are you dressed as a boy?" she said loudly.

"Mom please!" I said annoyed.

Everyone was looking at the whole show, and the music was as loud as ever. I feel like I'm about to faint, or puke, or SOMETHING. I really just want to run away. Why is this all happening to me?

"Your'e coming back to New York with me Elouis, that's it! Iv'e had it! You don't call me, and you're at some party dressed as a male!" she yelled grabbing my arm furiously.

I ignored what she told me and broke loose from her hand. I went straight for Isaac, and everything all of a sudden went black.

"Elouis!"

"Elouis!"

"Wake up!"

"Huh? W-what happened to me?" I said slowly.

Just a millisecond after my eyes opened the pain in my forehead and nose came rushing back. I felt the adrenaline rushing through me 100 miles per hour. Back at the party I tried to push Isaac off of Alex and the next thing I know he pushed his arm back to give Alex another swing when his elbow collided with my face.

"Elouis are you okay?!" exclaimed Isaac.

"Isaac.." I said slowly still having a blurry vision.

"Everything will be okay Elouis" he assured.

Ever since I got here all I ever wanted was to study and get a degree but instead my life turned around. I had to act like a boy, I met a guy who I just don't understand what his feelings are, my mom has embarrassed me in front of all those people, and I got elbowed in the face.

After a while of laying down, I get up and felt dizzy all of a sudden. Isaac went to grab me but I told him I was okay. I just stood up too fast. My mom was outside of the room sitting on a chair. I know she probably didn't want to look at me right now, and she was probably angry at Isaac for hitting me accidentally. I can hear her from here talking to the manager of the office.

"I understand sir, thank you." she said.

My mother walked into the room more serious than ever.

"Isaac, I would like a word with my daughter. Please wait outside." she said.

Isaac silently walked away, shutting the door behind us.

"Mom listen I-"

"Elouis, I will be the one talking." she said looking at me dead in the eye.

Whoa. I never saw this side of 'mommy' before.

"You strongly disobeyed me when I said, no boys, no parties, no drinking, and to top it all off you dressed as a boy, AND shared a room WITH a BOY. I'm extremely disappointed in you. I never thought my little girl from New York would do this to me." she explained as her eyes became droopy.

"Mom-"

"Elouis, whether you like it or not you can't stay in this school any longer. You're coming home with me tonight" she said getting up.

"But Mom-"

"Elouis stop it! Stop your whining! That scholarship wasn't even for you! It was for your brother to take five years from now. Only boys are allowed in this school and now I see why you were dressed as one. I don't accept this behavior one bit. You lied to me. At least that's what it feels like." she pointed out.

And with that my mom left the room. Isaac a few minutes later came in and just sat on his bed. He ran his fingers through his hair and placed his elbows on his thighs. I walked over to his bed and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry Elouis, I didn't mean for all of this to happen" he started.

I slowly put my finger over his mouth and shook my head. I was trying to tell him to just be quiet and not worry about it. He knew I had to leave. He heard it all. Who wouldn't? My mom was speaking so loud. We both stared at each other for a long 3 seconds which felt like a minute. He grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead where he hit me by mistake. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall as he pulls me in for a hug. I grip his shirt tightly and he hugs me tighter.

*****

A few hours later, I was finishing up packing when my mom came back and told me she has withdrawn me from the school. With that said, she left the room again and told me she'd wait for me down in the lobby. Alex, Mark, and Zack were nowhere to be seen. Isaac was just sitting there with a sad expression. His beautiful eyes grew darker tonight.

"Hey..." I said softly.

He pulled me into his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Elouis..I'm sorry for everything I've caused you. The punch, the treating you like crap when you first came here, and I'm truly not the same guy I was months ago. Beatriz was just saying that because she was mad that I didn't want to do anything with her." he said with a worried face.

"Shh..I know, don't worry about it anymore" I whispered.

"I like you..a lot! I feel like I'm in love with you, but I wanted to wait for the right moment to say it. I don't want you to forget about me in New York. I want you to call me, and text me whenever you can. I'll be done in a year and I'll go to you." he said with assurance.

His beautiful words brought me to tears. Who would've known that this man I met a month ago was going to be the man I fell in love with? It all started by my cellphone. Iv'e never been more glad to lose my cellphone before. I cried on his chest.

"Stop crying now, you should go before your mom comes back up here and throws a fit, or never lets me see you again." he said chuckling.

I laughed a little and stood up. As he walked towards my suit case to carry it for me, I opened the door and there was Susan.

"Susan.." I said with a surprise.

"Hey I-"

I quickly pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so so so sorry for everything, please be my friend again!" I said really fast.

She laughed a little and hugged me back.

"I'm sorry too for not listening to you before. Alex is sober now and he explained everything to me and told me where to find you. I heard you were going back to New York" she said her face getting sad.

"Yeah, I have to..but I'll come visit and call you all the time! Don't forget you're my first California friend" I said with a smile.

We both laughed and hugged each other again. She told me she'd see me down in the lobby to wave me goodbye, and with that she was out the door.

"You ready?" Isaac asked me.

"Yeah" I said with a nod and smile.

We both walked down to the elevator. All the way down we were holding hands and I knew in a few seconds I was going to have to let go. When the elevator doors finally opened up, my mom was there, Alex, Mark, and Zack, Susan, the manager man, everyone was there. Even some peers of mine from my classes.

They all said their goodbyes to me, some commented on how shocked they were that I was a girl, and some said that it was awesome. When Alex approached me, Isaac stood in front of me and Alex looked at him.

"Yo man listen, I'm sorry about everything. I didn't do it on purpose." he said.

I nudged Isaac and gave him a look as if to say "make up with Alex already." They patted each others backs and I smiled at Isaac. My mother signaled me a "let's go" and I waved to everyone. The lady from the counter quickly came up to me.

"I knew there was something about you. Good luck child." she said returning to her desk.

Isaac and I turned to each other and I didn't know whether to kiss him or just leave. I didn't want my mom or anyone else to see me. Just as I was going to make up my mind, I hear honking.

"Ugh..my mom is so annoying. I'll text you." I told him.

He kissed my hand, and I left running to the car with my suitcase. I sat in the back seat and looked through the tinted windows, wanting to cry.

"Goodbye California." I said trying to smile.

Just at that moment, when we were already headed for the airport I got a text message.

"I already miss you, don't forget about me. I'll see you soon in New York. Love, Isaac."