The Sky Under the Sea

Hold on til May

"Morning love"
"HeyVic" I turned around and saw my Vic opening his eyes and stretching his arms.
"You had fun yesterday right?"
"Of course.."
"Glad you did."
"always do whenever I'm with you." I gave him a quick peck on the lips and changed shirt to go outside.
"Where you going?"
"The hotel. I have to leave tomorrow remember?"
"Stay! Lets hide here for the rest of the day." He gave me a huge puppy dog face and I had to look away to keep a straight face.
"You're such a baby! I'll be back Vic.. See ya."
"Love you Kate."
"And I love you more Vic. Always will.." I walked out his room and took an apple from the kitchen on my way out his house. I made my way up the stairs to my floor. When I got there I saw my dad holding a cage with something furry inside.
"IS THAT A KITTY!"
"Yes it is Kate, and it's your sisters."
"Aww can I get one too?"
"Not until we get home." I gave him a smile and walked into the hotel room.
"Thank god you're here! Come on we're leaving. Ahorra!" My mom was stuffing clothes into suitcases and trying to take some of the hotel's towels with her.
"We leave tomorrow, don't we?"
"Change of plans mija, go get your stuff I want you back here in no more than ten minutes."
"But mo-"
"Do not disobey me! Go and get your shit now." I ran out the room and down the stairs as fast as I could. I go to the house in a hurry running straight for Vic's room.
"VIC?" He wasn't here?
"Vic where are you?" I looked around but the place was empty. I grabbed my clothes and got my stuff ready as fast as I could. I saw the bottle of pills he had gotten for me and I swallowed two down without water. Couldn't risk my heart going stupid on me for running so much. You know with the little shit.
I ran back to the lobby with my stuff, running into Jaime.
"Jaime! Have you seen Vic?"
"No why what's wrong?"
"I'm leaving San Diego.. Right now."
"Shit! Oh fuck he's with his dad right now. Fuck the dinners ruined!
"Where? What dinner?"
"Don't know honestly.. Oh and he had planned this fancy dinner tonight for the two of you. Sorry you have to go now." I dropped my stuff and gave him a hug. He hugged back and squeezed me tight.
"It was nice meeting you buddy. I'm gonna miss you Kate.. We all are."
"Jaime I'm gonna miss you too." I pulled away when Tony came in and attacked him with a hug.
"What's wrong?"
"I'm leaving." He pulled me off and I saw his eyes turning red.
"Don't cry tone.. I'm gonna cry now." My voice broke and I tried my best to hold in the water works.
"You're like a little sister to us Kate. We're gonna miss you."
"I love you guys." We had a group hug until I let go and took the elevator upstairs. I tried taking deep breathes to calm me down. It didn't work. Where the fuck is Vic!

"Alright lets go! Lucy your rats downstairs.. Whose hungry? Go downstairs and get something to hear on the road." My mom rushed us to pack everything up and get out. I took one last look around the rooms. We didn't leave it peachy clean, but I was definitely gonna miss this place.. That's when I realized I was missing a few guys. I ran past everyone and up the stairs again. Knocking on the door until it opened.
"KELLIN!" I jumped on him and we crashed against the little table.
"Fuck Kate Jesse's sleeping be quiet."
"Where are the others? I'm leaving Kells."
"Oh shit!" He ran out the door and came back in with the others. Jack was still half asleep and landed on the couch, taking me with him.
"I'll see you for Christmas. You gotta come to my place for Halloween, and Hanukkah and all the holidays." He was definitely half asleep.
"We're gonna miss you." They came and piled over me with hugs and shaking me. They wrote their numbers all over my hand and said their goodbies.
"You know Kate. If it doesn't with out with you and Vic.." Gabe placed an arm around my neck and pulled me to sit closer to him. Oh shit.
"Just kidding!"he let me go and rubbed his knuckles on the top of my head making it hurt alot.
"Come on let's get you downstairs." We took the elevator and squished ourselves to fit in it. Getting to the lobby I saw my parents at the front desk chatting away with Vic's dad.
"Where's Vic?"
"I told him to stay! He went to get your board." Jaime said shaking his head.
"My board!"
"Oh no you don't we gotta go!" My mom pulled my arm but I shook her off and gave everyone a hug for the last time this summer.
"I'll see you in September."
"Kells you're not going back til next month!"
"It'll be fine ill see you there. You better get back your mom looks like the devil right now."
"She is." I gave him a squeeze and turned around trying to hide the tears already pouring out. My dad loaded the car up and we all got inside leaving the hotel behind us.
"Best summer ever." Lucy got her cat out its cage and played with its long black fur. I watched her until I saw a familiar car come close next to ours. I got a text and opened it.

From Vic: please dnt leave love I need you I love you.
To Vic: I have to go Vic I have no choice.
From Vic: you do have a choice! You can runaway with me right now!! Go find a place to stay get married in Vegas watch broadway in NYC anything we want baby! come on Kate..

"Mom can we get some burgers before we leave?" I have no idea what I was doing.. But I had to talk to him.
"Fine." She pulled over to a McDonalds and we all got out. Vic followed us and drove in as we got in line. I went out and made my way inside his car. I took him by the collar and began to kiss him. He grabbed me and brought me to sit on his lap. I forced his mouth open and played with his tongue. I just wanted to kiss him like this one more time before leaving.
"Come on Kate." He pushed me to back seat and laid over me, slipping a hand up my shirt and another to undo my zipper.
"Be quick." I knew what he wanted. Sex, in the backseat of his car at a McDonalds parking lot. He undid my pants and I didn't even care for protection as I felt him rocking his hips on me. Running his hands up and down my sides as mine pulled his hair closer to kiss him. We were lucky there was plenty of space back here. We kept in our moans and tried to be quick before my family came back out. Our breathing hitched and he hit that spot as he slammed himself as fast as he could into me. I felt my nails dig into his back and his grip on my hips get tighter until he was finished. He slowly pulled out and we did our pants up again and got out trying to fix our hair as if nothing had just happened.
"I'm gonna miss you."
"I'll be back in no time. I'll be eighteen, graduate school, come back to you, get a job, have more sex."
"Ooh I like that last part."
"Than you can wait. It'll be no more than ten months. I graduate in May so by June I'll be back in your arms. Just be patient Vic. And besides while I'm gone you can focus on your music. Remember?"
"I love you Kate. I'll call everyday."
"See we can call and text each other. We just gotta wait until may comes and I"ll be here in no time. I gotta go now. Looks like they got their food." I could see my dad holding bags of burgers and the others with soda.
"I love you."
"I love you too." I gave him one last kiss and let his hand go.. He got in his car as I went to open the door for my dad to walk out.
"Ready?"
"Sure Katey." They all walked out and we piled up in the car to leave. As we drove out the parking lot I could see Vic's car behind ours. We went towards the left as his went right down to the hotel. I wasn't sure why but I thought he was gonna follow me home. But now I just need to go back to Michigan, keep my promise, graduate, and come back to San Diego. Counting down the days until the last day of school for seniors. Wednesday May 30th, 2012.. I wouldn't even stay for the graduation ceremony held that weekend. It wasn't needed. I could have the school fax the diploma here, Then I go to a California state university. Vic and I would live together. He could get a record deal and make the band go big! I knew that with Jaime and Tony at his side they would definitely make it far on the long run. Who knows maybe we could get married in Vegas like he said in that text. But that would wait. All our plans would have to stay on hold until I came back. I had to hold on til May came to see him again.