Status: In progress.

Nothing Else Matters

Chapter 2

I was still in shock, Isabelle was now sitting in front of me in a little Italian café, the tiny toddler playing happily with a little duck that seemed to have seen better days.

“Matt, please le-” she tried to explain herself, but I cut her off immediately

“Is…is she mine Izzy, that’s all I want to know, is she mine.” I ask pointing to the toddle who just seems to be lost in all the innocence in the world.

I turn to look back at Isabelle, the girl I grew up with, the girl I loved, the girl I still love, she hasn’t changed, appearance wise, she still has the same brown hair with a random colour in it, this time its purple, though her eyes are no longer full of life, they carry sadness and hardship.

She breaths in deeply, looks at her the little girl who’s happily playing with the little stuffed duck, and smiles a little bit before she looks back at me with an apologetic look on her face.

“Yeah, yeah she’s yours, her name is Jade, Jade Sanders.” She smiles to me.

She gave her my last name.

“She’s know who you are you know, I, I know I left Matt, I was a teenager, I was scared, I didn’t know what to do. I wouldn’t let her grow up without her knowing who you are though, I couldn’t.”

“I would of helped you, you know that Izzy.” I replied

“Exactly Matt, that’s why I left, I left so you could follow your dreams, what you were destined to be, having a child would have stopped that from happening.”

I knew in some way she was right, I would have given up everything to take care of them, even if that meant leaving Avenged Sevenfold, I would of done it.

“Were you ever going to tell me Izzy?” I asked, catching my eyes in hers.

“Of course, I just didn’t know when Matt, I just didn’t know, how or when.” She broke the eye contact as she spoke with me.

That’s when it sunk in, I had a daughter, a beautiful two year old daughter that I knew absolutely nothing about. I’ve missed her first word, her first steps. I felt a wash of anger wash over to me, to then have a little hand grab mine. I slowly looked up to see a little toddler with brown hair and hazel eyes, she had her mothers nose, and cheeks, then I saw her smile, she had my smile, dimples included.

“OOK DADA, DUCKIE” Jade giggled happily.

“What a lovely duckie that is.” I smiled, and the anger has disappeared just like that. I smiled. Only one person to could do that with ease, and that was Isabelle. I turned and looked to Isabelle and before I could speak she cut me off.

“I’m sorry Matt, I just want you to know that, I know you won’t forgive me so fast, but I am truly sorry.”

For once I let the anger go and looked at the two girls in front of me.

My girls.

Well I hope Izzy and I could work out our differences and maybe get our love back.

But one thing I was certain on, I wouldn't give up without a fight.

I couldn't be on my own again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaay, I'm back, college is really draining me at the moment, I only have 2 months left before I finish frist year so hopefully updates will be come more regular!

I'm also considering having a co-author, so let me know if you interested!