‹ Prequel: Stay in Your Arms
Sequel: Last Time
Status: Completed

Diamonds in the Sky

Seventeen

Elise woke the next morning with a splitting headache. She reached out for the water and aspirin waiting on her, gulping them down. She flopped back onto the pillows and closed her eyes. Slowly the night came back to her and she groaned. Rolling over, she closed her eyes and forced herself to fall back asleep.

When Elise woke again several hours later, her headache was gone. She crawled out of bed, pulling off the clothes she had worn the night before and stepped into the shower. She let the hot water pour over her and washed away the night before. She decided to go have a mani/pedi, dressing quickly and heading out. She stopped for coffee and a muffin on her way to the nail salon she liked.

After her mani/pedi, Elise made the walk back to her apartment. She spotted the box on her couch and took it to her bedroom with her. She had forgotten it the day before and she opened it carefully. She pulled the black silk Lanvin dress from the tissue paper and held it up against her.

“Holy hell,” she murmured to herself. A sheer silk organza crewneck ended in half sleeves at her elbows. There was a tiered sheer hem and a gathered waist. She knew she had a pair of simple black t-strap pumps that would go with the dress and a killer diamond and pearl statement necklace she could pair with the dress. She took the dress to her room, slipping it over the dress form Zoe had left tucked away in the closet before calling her.

“Hello?” Zoe answered.

“You should not have bought this dress. Its too much.”

“You’re just opening that?”

“I was uh, mad when I got home last night so I went to a bar.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah. Um, I texted Michael and he invited me to join him and some of the other guys.”

“And?”

“And I got drunk but Hank brought me home and Sean let me in as I left my keys at home.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Back to this dress, Zoe, its Lanvin. That’s expensive.”

“I know. But what else am I going to spend Max’s money on?” She giggled and it was infectious and Elise found herself laughing along with her. “Do you have shoes to wear with it?”

Elise described the shoes and necklace she was planning to wear with the dress and Zoe gave her approval. They talked for several more minutes before Elise hung up. She began to work on fixing her hair and makeup. Before she knew it, it was 6:30 and she slipped into the dress, then her heels, before putting the necklace on. She grabbed her black clutch and locked her apartment, heading down to the lobby to wait for her ride. She stepped off the elevator just as the doorman stepped in.

“Your ride is here Miss Elise,” he said politely.

“Thank you.” He held the door open for her and Elise gasped at the sight of the classic Rolls Royce waiting out front. Sleek and black, they just did not make cars like this any more. The driver opened the door and Elise slid into the vehicle. They drove through the streets of the city until they arrived at their destination. The driver came round to open her door, offering her hand as she stepped from the vehicle. She murmured a polite thank you and headed inside the restaurant.

Robert was located atop the Museum of Arts and Design at Central Park and was modern and sleek in its design. Elise approached the hostess, not sure what to say. The woman looked up with a warm smile on her face.

“Elise?” she asked. Elise nodded. “We’ve been expecting you. This way.” Elise followed the woman to a table at the far end of the dining room, set at the windows with a view of Central Park and Columbus Circle. Her dining companion rose from the table as he saw them approach. Elise froze when she saw him.

“Sean,” she whispered.

He smiled, a soft, warm smile that lit up his face when he saw her. “I’m glad you’re here,” Sean said, crossing to her and taking her hand in his, guiding her into her seat. “You look amazing.”

“Thank you. Zoe said...”

“Zoe set you up. A friend of Hank's who doesn't play hockey?" Elise nodded. "I am a friend of Hank's and I do not play hockey...anymore. This was all her idea. She was in town yesterday.”

“She was?”

Sean nodded. “Came and gave me a stern talking too.” He signaled a waiter who appeared with a bottle of wine. Sean nodded and he filled their glasses before backing away. “Made me realize that its not everyday a girl likes me, douchery and all.”

Elise giggled softly. “Its an endearing quality, Mr. Avery.”

Sean groaned. “Do you know how many times I have dreamed about you saying my name just like that as you cum?” Sean said lowly. Elise stopped breathing and Sean smirked.

“Don’t do that,” Elise said to him.

“What?”

“That smirk. Its sexy as hell and you know it.”

“I’ve maybe scored a time or two because of it.”

Elise rolled her eyes. “Only you would say something like that in a romantic setting such as this.”

He reached for her hand and laced his fingers with hers.”I don’t know any other way to be.”

“I beg to differ. I think you are one the sweetest people I have ever met.”

“You and Zoe are going to ruin my reputation with all this nice and sweet talk.” She grinned at him and Sean took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Elise. I lost my shit and I overreacted. I think I understand better now why you didn’t tell me.”

“I’m sorry too, Sean. If I could go back, I would’ve told you. But I was hurt and felt rejected. Its not a great feeling.”

“Zoe helped me understand that.”

“You two really do look out for each other, don’t you?”

“Apparently Zoe felt like she owed me a favor after I pushed her back to Max.”

“Of course she did,” she smiled. “ You know, I told you once that I wish I had someone I was as close to as you two are and I meant it. You two have such a mutual admiration for each other, and you want what's best for each other. Its special and I love that you have each other.”

“Is this the part where you tell me I'm in love with her again?”

“No. I understand you two so much better now than before. Zoe told me if I can accept the friendship you two have with each other, that I’ve won half the battle.”

“Good because I’m falling in love with you.” Elise’s mouth fell open and Sean repeated himself. “I’m falling in love with you Elise. Madly, deeply, head over in heels in love. With you.”

After they ate, Sean guided Elise out of the restaurant. She had assumed they would head for the valet stand but Sean walked right past, leading them into Central Park instead. He smiled as he took her hand in his, their fingers lacing together.

“Where are we going?” Elise asked him.

“Surprise,” Sean replied with a sparkle in his eye.

“What kind of no good are you up to?”

“All sorts,” he promised. They walked in silence and slowly, Elise began to recognize her surroundings.

“Sean, are we...” she trailed off as the carousel came into view. He walked right up to the gate and held it open for her with a smile.

“Pick a horse,” he told her. She walked around before settling on a pair of horses. Sean lifted her onto her horse, sitting sideways in her dress. He climbed over the horse beside her and she beamed at him. Slowly, the ride came to life and they went around in circles for five minutes.

“This is perfect,” Elise said softly. “You really know how to impress a girl.”

“I don’t have a fucking clue,” Sean said honestly. “Zoe helped with everything.”

“Well then I’ll thank her too but I promise, Sean, you make this perfect by being here. I am so glad you were my blind date. You have no idea.”

“I’m just glad you agreed to go. I was sure you’d stand me up.”

“And let this dress go to waste? Hell no!” As the carousel slowed to a stop, Sean hopped off his horse and pulled Elise into his arms. He kissed her, her body held tightly to his.

“I should’ve done that the first time we were on this thing,” Sean said.

“Yeah, you should have,” Elise agreed with a smile.

“Picture?” Elise nodded and he pulled her to him, snapping a picture of the two of them smiling, and then a second of them kissing. He tweeted the one of them kissing. He grinned at her. “Hope you’re ready for everyone to want to know who you are.”

“As long as you are.”

“I want everyone to know you’re my girl.”

“Sean,” she sighed, leaning into him.

"Come on, lets get out of here."

"Okay." They walked back through the park, taking their time and enjoying each others company. The Rolls Royce waited for them when they exited the park. They rode back to their building and then the elevator to Sean’s place. He opened the door and let her pass before stepping in and closing the door behind them, clicking the lock into place. Elise shivered with anticipation. He took her hand and led her to his bedroom. He looked to her, studying her face. She knew he was asking her permission so she laid her hands to his chest, leaning into him and pressed her lips to his. His arm was around her instantly, pulling her to him and pushing his tongue into her mouth, She moaned softly at the intrusion. One hand slid up her back, finding the zipper to the dress and dragging it down slowly. The dress fell off of her and pooled at her feet and Elise stepped out of it. Sean pulled back, looking down at her.

“How did I get so lucky?” he asked in amazement as his eyes drank in the gorgeous creature before him. “You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on.” Elise blushed and he tucked her chin between his fingers. “I love you,” he said as he stared into her eyes.

Elise smiled and kissed him. “I was getting worried you might not have a heart, Mr. Avery.”

He chuckled. “That’s all you got?”

She smirked and moved out of his arms, stretching out across his bed. She propped herself on her elbows and looked at him expectantly. “I love you too. Now come join me in this bed and show me how much you love me. I’ve been waiting for you for weeks.”

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope y'all enjoyed this.....it was fun to write and I love Elise and Sean together (even though you all also made me love the possibility of Sean and Zoe in my last story....). I've tossed around an idea for a Max/Zoe/Sean/Elise story but not sure that I'll ever pull the trigger on it....I really actually like where all these characters ended up. If you like the characters in this little "Zoe" universe though, you'll be happy to know that I have a little short Wayne Simmonds ditty that is happening over here.