Status: Finally completed after 7 years of work!

So Long and Goodnight...

My Heart is Yours

You and "the boys" were in the car on the back to Gerard's house after an amazing and unforgettable concert.

The guys were even more fired up and hyper than before and you knew it would be near dawn before any of you even thought about sleep.

You had the house to yourselves tonight after all.

Unlike on the way to the concert, this time you were laughing and rocking out with everyone else.

but...

Something was up with Gerard.

He seemed... WAY(no pun intended) happier than usual.

You made a mental note to ask him what was up the very first chance you got.

Ten minutes later, Gerard's car pulled into the driveway of his empty house and everyone tumbled out.

"Dudes," Frank said between fits of laughter. "Oh... and Helena..."

You rolled your eyes. "Thanks," you said, giving him a playful push.

He laughed an then continued with what he was going to say.
"...I don't know about you guys but I am SO not ready to end this night."

"Well the night is still young," Bob said in his best British accent as he draped an arm lazily around Franks shoulders. "What do you have in mind for us, old chap?"

Franks expression turned quizzical. "I don't know. I was hoping you guys had something."

Silently you all thought of something to do or somewhere to go, preferably outside and away from the house even though it was getting late and curfew was 11:00.

"I know," Mikey's voice broke the silence.

He raised his fist into the air as he stated, victoriously, his winning idea.

"To the park!"

You all raised your voices in a triumphant cry as you followed your friend down the driveway and into the middle of the street.

Five minutes later you were lying in a circle on your backs, staring up at the starry night sky.

"Damn. it's so fucking beautiful," Frank said admiring the beauty of the night.

"Yeah it is," Gerard said smiling.

Frank was finally curios enough to ask.

"So why are you so happy all of a sudden," he asked bluntly. "Ever since you met us at the car after the concert you've been all cheerful and shit ...it's kinda freakin' me out."

Gerard laughed at Franks observation.

"No reason, man," he replied coolly. "It's just a good night."

"Riiight..." Frank said doubtfully ...but that was it and a peaceful silence fell upon the six of you.

You didn't know how long you laid there in that circle with your friends just soaking up the night and completely letting go of all your worries and all your pain.

It was healing and the five men surrounding you made it possible.

It hit you then that you would be completely lost without them ...even Mikey, as unruly as he was.

You smiled thinking about the priceless friendship you shared with them

...but your smile slowly disappeared as the overwhelming feeling of panic and foreboding from earlier fell over you again.

You shook it off as Franks voice broke the silence of the night.

"Who wants to go play Guitar Hero," he said standing and brushing the grass off of him.

Ray and Bob jumped up instantly, thrilled with the idea.

You didn't really feel like it.

You wanted to stay out there and relax a little more.

Mikey stayed on the ground, captured by the sky's brilliance ... and ,as usual, totally oblivious to everything going on around him.

Frank looked at you and smiled and in an instant you knew that he didn't want you to come anyway.

He was luring the rest of the guys away so that you could be alone with Gerard.

He was making up for the moment they had ruined on the porch before the concert.

The thought of being that alone with him made you dizzy and it felt, all of a sudden, like your heart was trying fiercely to jump out of your throat (where it had lodged itself) and onto the grass beside you.

"Mikey," Frank said annoyed at Mikey's ignorance. "Don't you want to come with us?"

"No, I'm good," he said relaxed in the grass beside you.

Ah to be so young and blissfully unaware

Frank sighed making sure that Gerard was lost to the beauty of the sky (which he was) and punched Mikey in the arm.

Mikey cringed as pain shot through his arm but made no sound that would catch Gerard's attention.

"On second thought, I think I will," Mikey said glaring at Frank and pulling himself to his feet.

"Gerard, Helena, you guys wanna come," he asked pointedly, already knowing Gerard's answer.

"Nah, man," Gerard said never taking his eyes away from the sky. "I think I'll stay here for a bit."

Frank looked at you meaningfully as you heart fluttered in your chest and your stomach did a few back flips.

"Yeah, me too," you said closing your eyes and trying desperately to keep your voice from shaking. "I mean i-if Gerard doesn't mind.

Though your place in the circle was directly opposite from Gerard and you couldn't see him, you heard him laugh softly.
"No. Not at all," he replied.

"Ok then," Frank said pleased with himself. "We'll see you back at the house."

He winked at you and you thanked him feverishly with all your heart.

Almost as if you had communicated telepathically with him, he nodded his head and started for the park entrance, the other three following obediently, leaving you and Gerard alone under the late night sky with only the moon and the stars to bear witness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap.
Will she tell him?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
=)

Chapter Title Cred: "My Heart" by Paramore.