Status: Finally completed after 7 years of work!

So Long and Goodnight...

Back Home

Gerard’s P.O.V.

We were all crammed in the bus, on our way back to New Jersey after finishing our promotion tour. We had a few weeks off in light of what had happened in Los Angeles. Brian wanted us to take as much time as we needed to re-unite with our long lost best friend and my now current girlfriend. We had even been nice enough to clean off the bunk that held all our luggage and let Alexa tag along with us and sleep there for the duration of the tour. She and Helena had talked a lot about a lot of things and decided they could try to be friends again …but for real this time. Everything was utterly perfect and as it should’ve always been.

We were all camped out in the “living room” of our tour bus watching Dracula when the bus driver called back to tell us that we had just crossed the state line into New Jersey and we would be home in a few hours. I gave Helena a peck on the cheek and went to the front to tell the driver that there had been a slight change in plans and …we were going to make a little pit stop first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Helena sighed in her ever-determined way …as we pulled up in front of her old house, the same house she had grown up in. Her and Alexa exchanged glances and then nodded in unison before standing up from the chairs they were sprawled in. Helena came over to me and wrapped me in a warm hug before kissing my lips and letting me know for the hundredth time today just how much she loved me. I hadn’t yet gotten tired of hearing it and I knew that as long as I lived, I never ever would.

When we had finally (reluctantly) pulled apart she and Alexa headed for the door and started to exit the bus and as she turned, I locked eyes with her one final time.

“You promise you’ll be ok?” I asked gazing down at her from the doorway.

“I promise,” She replied. “I’ll see you when it’s all over ok?”

“Okay,” I agreed, still worried.

“Boys,” Helena said looking past me at Bob and Ray who stood and quickly followed her and Alexa out. “Now remember what we agreed on, ok? Do it and get out of here. I don’t want either of you getting caught.”

“Got it,” Ray nodded, all business.

“Understood,” came Bob’s stone faced reply.

“Good luck,” Helena said, before turning to blow a kiss to me and then her and Alexa walked slowly up to the front door in tandem as Bob and Ray turned and began to walk down the street a short distance. I closed the door and the bus whisked me and the other passengers away to my parents home where we all piled into my car to help Helena carry out the other half of the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Helena’s P.O.V.

You ducked into a bush beside the front porch as Alexa ascended the dark stairs and proceeded to knock on the door.

Silence pressed down on you like a thousand tons of concrete but you held your position and heard Alexa knock for a second time. Footsteps, Alexas’, came to the top of the porch stairs and she looked over her shoulder just to make sure the coast was still clear.

“No answer,” She said. “He’s either passed out somewhere in the house or not home. Do you still want to go through with the plan?”

“More than ever,” you replied venomously as you stepped out of your hiding place and joined Alexa on the porch.

You kneeled in front of a ceramic statuette of a beagle holding a welcome sign in his jaws that had been there for as long as you could remember and grabbed the house key from the compartment underneath him, only marginally surprised that it was still there. You unlocked the door, let yourself and Alexa into the pitch black house and closed the door behind you. You nudged Alexa and she stepped farther into the house while you hung back.

“Marshall,” Alexa called out. “It’s Alexa. You remember. Helena’s friend?”

No answer. She looked back at you and you motioned for her to continue up the stairs. She did and you could hear her checking all the rooms and calling your fathers name as she went. You heard no response of any kind and less than a minute later, she came back down the stairs looking a lot more calm than she had going up them.

“He’s not home,” She said and you walked into the living room and flopped down on a beer stained couch.

“What now?” Alexa prodded, grimacing as she perched on the edge of the couch next to you.

“Now?” You smiled villainously. “Now we wait.”

And with that you let the silence take over as you went over the plan once more in your head, willing your father to return home from whatever brothel he was inhabiting at the moment. Wouldn’t he be so overjoyed to learn that the daughter he had tried so avidly to kill five long years ago was alive and well?

…”And thirsty for revenge,” you added silently as the venomous smile on your face grew larger.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's still not the last one but it's been a long long looooooooooong time coming.
I promised Jessica I would finish this story and I swear I will.
I just haven't felt like writing ANYTHING in forever.
You all probably hate me.
I truly am sorry.
I will try very hard to make it up to you.
This story's almost over but there are a BUNCH more on the way.
Love you guys ...if there's anybody still even with me.
=(

Chapter Title Cred: "Back Home" by Fort Minor & Styles of Beyond