‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch. 10

“Sidney what is this?” I asked looking at the beautiful horse and carriage in front of us.

“It is something I should have done a long time ago.” He said

“come on lets go.” He said and he grabbed my hand and lead me to the horse and carriage. He held my hand as I got in and he soon followed. He sat down next to me and pulled out a blanket. He put his arm around me and I relaxed as the carriage started moving.

We didn’t say anything to each other for a little bit, it was one of those moments, were nothing needed to be said. You could just be with one another and you could understand the love that was being shared.

We pulled over to a restaurant, and I immediately knew exactly what it was. It was the restaurant that Sid and I had our first date at. We hadn’t been there in months, well since before the separation. I looked over at him, and he was smiling at me. I leaned in and kissed him. He helped me out of the carriage, and we walked in, they took us to a blocked off section and we sat down.

“Sid you didn’t have to do all of this.” I said looking at him. He smiled and grabbed my hand.

“yes I did. I don’t show you that I love you enough. I get to wrapped up in things and then I become an ass. I am sorry Nicole. I love you so much.” He said and he kissed me on my hand.

“I love you too Sid.” I said smiling. We had a wonderful dinner, full of talking and laughing. It was perfect.

Sidney and I walked out to the carriage and once again he helped me in and put the blanket over us. We started moving, but I had absolutely no idea where we were going. I looked up and him, and noticed that he was looking down at me smiling.

“The baby isn’t going to get to cold is she?” Sidney asked looking down at my stomach.

“No not when I have you to keep me warm.” I said laughing.

I leaned up and gave him a small kiss on the lips. Sidney kept looking at me, but then he looked away.

“You see that candy store over there?” He asked pointing to the small little candy shop in the middle of Pittsburgh.

“Yeah?” I said wondering why he decided to point it out. Before I knew it the carriage had pulled over and Sidney looked like he was about to get out.

“Do you remember it?” He asked

“Umm yeah they have good fudge.” I said laughing

“No, do you remember when we went here?”

“No not really.” I said. We went here a billion times, but I don’t remember any times that were that important.

“It was our second date.” He said smiling. I looked up at him and immediately smiled. I did remember it.

“oh yeah you told me that ‘I was sweeter than all the candy in the shop’.” I said laughing.

“I cant believe I actually fell for that line.” I said

“It was not a line, it was true. You still ate sweeter than all the candy in the shop.” He said and cupped my face in his hand and gently brushed his lips on mine. He pulled away and smiled and grabbed my hand.

“Come on babe.” He said smiling

“Come one where?” I asked

“We are going to get fudge.” He said smiling. I grabbed his hand and he helped me out. We walked into the shop, and the smell of chocolate immediately flooded my nose. I think me being pregnant made me want fudge even more, because I could almost feel my mouth watering. It reminded me of the first time I saw Sidney shirtless. I just looked up at him and my mouth hung open, he told me I was even drooling a little bit. I cant believe he didn’t run at fear on that date.

“What kind do you want?” Sidney asked coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my stomach. I told him what kinds I wanted and he paid and we headed out. We got some for Troy and Trina and the boys. He grabbed my hand and helped me out. I immediately opened the bag and started eating the delicious fudge.

Sidney let out a loud laugh.

“Excuse me? Do you find something funny?” I asked moving my face directly in front of his.

“actually yes I do. You have fudge all over you lips.” He said laughing. I grabbed a mirror, and he was right, it was all over my face. I grabbed Sidney face and crashed my lips down on his. I moved my lips in a crazy way, trying to get the end result that I wanted. I looked over at his face and laughed hysterically. Yes! I successfully covered his lips in the fudge that was on mine.

“real mature babe. I think you are going to have clean it now.” Sidney said smiling at me.

“I don’t have a problem with that.” I said laughing. I crashed my lips down on his and licked away the fudge. He just started laughing and so did I. I felt like we were in love all over again. It definitely doesn’t feel like we have know each other for 8 years. He put his arm around me and we just sat there being with each other.

A few minutes later we pulled over to the park.

“Sid what are we doing here?” I whispered

“Why are you whispering?” he asked whispering

“I don’t know I just felt like it.” I said still whispering

“Just wait for it.” he said and he gave me a small kiss on the check.

“Wait for what?” I asked

“This.” he said and the sky erupted into bright shades of yellow and reds and blues. Hundreds of fireworks were set off into the sky, the area around us was lit up from the bright lights. It looked beautiful, I couldn’t believe it.

“Do you remember which one of our dates this one is?” He asked kissing me.

“I don’t remember the exact number, but maybe the twentieth?” I asked

“The 24, it was the day I realized that you make my life as brighter than the fireworks do.” he said and he kissed me.

I looked up at him and stared at his big brown eyes. He just smiled down at me and kissed me again.

“Sid we aren’t going on all of our dates again are we?” I asked yawning.

“No babe. I know you are tired. But you know what I realized, it doesn’t matter where we are, because no matter where we went or where we go, I will always love you.” he said and he kissed me. I kissed him right back. He wrapped his arms around me and I started to drift to sleep.

“I love you.” He whispered in my ear before I started to doze off. I felt awful that I fell asleep on this perfect date, but I was pregnant and tired.

I woke up a little while later and I was in my bed. Sidney must have carried me up here, I felt even more awful that I feel asleep now. I have no idea how I was such a heavy sleeper. Maybe I just woke up but I knew I was with Sidney. I looked around, and there he was sitting next to me watching me.

“What time is it ?” I asked yawning.

“its only eleven.” He said smiling

“I am so sorry I fell asleep on our date babe. It was perfect, I feel so bad that I feel asleep.” I said

Sidney put his arm around me and pulled me into his body.

“babe don’t worry, sleep as long as you want.” he said and he kissed the top of my head.

“I think I am up now, I’m going to go take a bath, your more than welcome to join.” I said sending him a little wink.

“Oh I think I might join you.” He said smiling. I got out of bed and grabbed his hands and led him to the bathtub. He turned the water on and I lit some candles. He got in first, and then I got in after. I sat down in the space in between his legs. I rested up against his chest and leaned back. He kissed my neck and placed his hands on my baby bump.

“So did you decide on any names?” he asked

“Umm kind of, I like Lily and Sophia and Juliana. Do you like any of those?” I asked

“I like Sophia. Sophia Crosby. It has a nice ring to it.” He said.

“Yes it does have a nice ring to it.” I said

“I love you.” he whispered in my ear and kissed my neck.

“I love you too.” I said smiling.