‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch.13

“come on Sid, you have to go.” I said as he started kissing my neck

“I don’t want to go.” He said continuing to kiss my neck.

“Come on babe, you need your rest.” I said trying my best to get him to go, even though I wanted him to stay with me.

“I cant get rest if I don’t have your arm around me.” he said

“ahh Sidney what am I going to do with you??” I said shaking my head.

“I can think of a few things.” he said with a huge smirk on his face.

He started to kiss down my neck, and began lightly sucking and nipping on the skin.

“Sidney we definitely cant do that, the kids are in the next room.” I said

“they cant hear us in here.” he said. “plus they are sleeping.” an once again, I gave into to Sidney even though he needed rest an so did I. After a little while in the bathroom, I went to take a shower. When I got out of the shower, I saw Sidney asleep on the bed. I didn’t want to wake him up, even though I knew he should be sleeping in his own room tonight. I looked over at my two sleeping sons, and couldn’t help but think how adorable they looked. They looked like two sleeping angels. I walked over to them , an kissed them lightly on the forehead and covered them. I walked back to the bed where Sidney was, and laid down next to him.

I tried to stay sort of far from him, so he could rest, but he put his arm around me pulled me close to his body.

“I love you Nicole.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too Sid.” and I fell asleep into a blissful sleep.

~~~~

I woke up the next morning to lips gently on mine.

“Babe I have to go.” Sidney said

“what time is it?” I asked sitting up in bed.

“Go back to sleep, its only eight. I just have to go to a meeting. I will call you when I am done.” He said and kissed me lightly on the lips.

“Alright. I’ll see you later.” I said yawning in the middle of my sentence, being pregnant really makes you sleepy. I woke up an hour later and the boys were still asleep. I ordered them breakfast, and waited till the food came to wake them up.

I woke them up, we had breakfast and before I knew it, it was time for the game.

“You ready boys?” I asked as they slipped on their Crosby jerseys. Sid got us all Crosby jerseys for Christmas, and everyone thought it was so cute when we all wore them.

“Yeah lets go mommy!” they both said smiling

“Alright well lets just wait for Grandma and Grandpa, and then we can go.” I said. There was a knock on the door, and I opened it to see Troy and Trina standing there.

“Ready?” Trina asked smiling.

“Yeah just give me a minute, you can come in.” I said holding the door open for them. They walked in and the boys ran over to them and gave them a hug and I grabbed my phone and purse and we headed out.

We headed out to the arena and while we were in the car, my phone rang.

“hello?” I asked

“Hey babe. You guys on your way?” Sidney said and the minute I heard his voice through the phone, I immediately felt the smile creep on my lips.

“Hey Sid, yeah we are on our way. Are you getting nervous?” I asked

“Umm not really, but I want to see you and the boys before the game. So come down to see me.” he said

“Okay yeah we are pulling into the arena now, so I’ll meet you down there. Are they letting families go down there?” I asked

“Yeah for now, but right before the game they aren’t.” he said and I understood the need for them to limit the time when the families and girlfriends could go down there. They didn’t want the guys to get distracted or worked up right before the game.

“Okay. Well see you down there in a little bit.”

“Okay. Love you.”

“You too.” I said and hung up the phone. We pulled into the parking lot, and parked the car. I got out and helped the boys out too. We walked into the arena, and said hi to some of the other players families.

“Daddy!” the boys said as the saw Sidney, he turned around and gave them a huge smile. He picked them up in a hug and looked up and smiled at me. He came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek and while our two sons were still in his arms.

He put them down, and then they saw Jordan and ran over to give him a hug. Sidney wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. He kissed me once softly on the lips, but he kept me in his arms.

“You guys can do this Sidney, I know you can.” I said smiling at him.

“You always have so much faith in me.” Sidney said laughing slightly. I buried my head into the crock of his neck.

“Yeah well you haven’t let me down yet.” I said smiling.

“I love you so much Nicole, I am so happy that I can share this with you.” He said running his hand down my back.

“I love you too Sidney.” I said and I gently put my lips down on his and he smiled into the kiss. I felt something tug on my jeans and I looked down and saw Brent.

I picked him up and gave him a small kiss on his cheek.

“Where’s your brother?” I asked smiling.

“He is with Uncle Jordan.” he said pointing down the hall, to where Jordan was holding Sidney Jr. on his hip. I smiled and waved at Jordan, and he walked over.

“Hey Nicole.” he said putting Sidney back down on the ground

“hey Jordan. Good luck today.” I said giving him a small hug.

“thanks.”

“are you nervous?”

“Nahh not really. I don’t get nervous just pumped.” he said laughing slightly

“well that’s good, you guys can do it!”

“thanks Nicole!” he said with a smile.

“Well you boys better get going.”

“Yeah I guess we should.” Sidney said. We said goodbye to them and I gave Sidney a hug and a kiss. We walked up to the box, and the game soon started.

They were up 1-0 at the end of the first, they were playing good. I felt very nervous in the first 5 minutes, but towards the end I calmed down and realized that the Penguins were playing some amazing hockey. The second period started, and a few minutes into it, Sidney got hit hard into the boards, and it took him a while to get up. I felt my heart break and I felt like throwing up. I knew a lot of stress was bad for the baby this late into the pregnancy, but how was I not supposed to be stressed. Everyone in the box went quiet, and I felt like all the eyes were on me. I didn’t want the boys to know that Sidney got hurt, so I told them to go play in the back. They agreed and ran over smiling to play with the other kids. I saw Sidney get off the ice and they helped him into the locker room. The look on his face broke my heart,.

Sidney was there captain, and it meant so much to him to play and have them win. If they lose now, he will blame himself and if they win he will be sad that he couldn’t have helped more. I felt a little piece of my heart break when he was clutched over. I just wanted him to be okay, he didn’t have to play or even win the cup for me to love him. I just needed him to be okay, it would break my heart if he was seriously hurt.

I was disturbed from my thoughts by someone grabbing my hand and squeezing it tightly. I looked up and saw Trina smiling at me. She gave me a sympathetic look.

“He will be okay Nicole.” she said obviously trying to call me down.

“Oh god I hope so.” I said trying to force a tiny smile on my face. It didn’t work, because before I knew it, I had tears falling down my face.

I felt her put her arm around me and she gently rubbed my back. “shh Nicole, don’t cry, I am sure he is fine. He was probably just a little shaken up.” She said and I hoped to god that she was right. I silently said a prayer that Sidney was going to be okay. I kept my head in my hands the entire second period. I couldn’t look up, it didn’t seem right for him to not be on the ice or on the bench.

The second period ended, and I looked up to find the boys. They were still busy playing with their toys. I looked over at Trina, and she gave me small smile.

“Maybe you should have some water or something.” Trina said and I nodded and got up and went to go get some water and get a little food that was in the box. I called the boys over, and got them some food and we sat back down in our seats and waited for any news on Sidney.

A few minutes later, Mario cam in the box and told me that Sidney was fine, and it was nothing to serious. He said that they were going to see how he feels before they put him out on the ice. He also said that of course Sidney was saying that he was fine, and insisting on being out there. That was just like Sidney to say that. He always insisted that he was fine, even when something was wrong. He always tried to put on a brave face for people and he never wanted to let anyone see him when he was having his week moments.

The second period started, and I saw Sidney sitting on the bench, that allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief, and know that it couldn’t be to bad if he was able to be on the bench. The second period started, but Sidney wasn’t playing. Then finally after a few minutes, he skated on to the ice. He went out there for one shift, and then he skated off the ice and I could see the pain in his face. It seemed like with every little movement, he was wincing with pain. It broke my heart to see him like this, it meant so much for him to play in this game. I could peel my eyes off of him. I felt like they were glued to him and only him, I watched him sitting there in pain and it killed me.

The buzzer sounded and it took me a moment to realize that they won!!! They did it! Everyone in the box was cheering and clapping and giving hugs to one another.

I looked down at my two sons and smiled at them.

“Daddy did it boy! They did it!” I said smiling they started clapping and I gave them boys hugs and a kiss. I felt the baby start to kick, and it brought a huge smile to my face. I looked onto the ice, and saw Sidney smiling his classic smile. It was a rare smile to get out of Sidney, he was normally a happy person, but this smile was the one that only came out when he was on top of the world. Like when I told him I was pregnant and when we had our sons. He was the happy Sidney Crosby that I know and love.

I gave troy and Trina hugs and someone came up to the box to come and get us, and tell us that we could go down to the ice and celebrate with the team. I grabbed Brent and Sidney’s hands, and we headed out to celebrate.

When we got down to the ice, I saw Sidney and then I saw something that I didn’t think was possible. He looked even happier and his smile got even bigger. He raced over to me and wrapped me in his arms and gave me a deep kiss.

“I told you that you guys could do it!!” I said to Sidney when we finally broke apart from our kiss.

“You did.” He said and he kissed me once more. He unwrapped me from his arms, and gave Brent and Sidney a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He wrapped them up in his arms and lifted them up so that he was holding them. I smiled at the site of the three men I love the most purely happy.

Sidney put them down on the ground and gave me another kiss. I felt the baby start to kick, so I grabbed Sidney’s hands and placed them on my stomach. When he realized that the baby was kicking, he smiled and kissed me once more.

“It looks like she is happy too.” I said smiling

“Yes she is.” he said.

“I love you Nicole.”

“I love you too Sidney.” I said and I kissed him.

I told him to go and celebrate with the team, and he did and I couldn’t be any happier for them than I am at this moment. I looked over at Sidney and he smiled and winked at me. I love that man.