‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch. 4

4 Weeks Later : November

Sidney was out of town for a week and half today. It was a long time to go without seeing him, and to say that I missed him was an understatement. It had been a lonely week going to bed by myself, and I just wanted to be near him and have him hold me. I spent some nice time with the boys, and I hung out with a few of my girlfriends which was nice. I missed just having girl time and this was a nice break. But I missed Sid like crazy and when he got back I had some big news for him.

I went to bed alone and I had a hard time falling asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night groggy and I looked at the clock and read 3:45. I had 4 hours to sleep before I had to get up. I rolled over in the bed and hit something. I jumped up it scared me, I went to bed alone and now there was something or someone in my bed.

“Sorry” Sid said

“Babe what are you doing here?!” I said as I laid back down

“I missed you too much so I came back early. We were supposed to come back tomorrow but I needed to see you.” He said I wanted to see his face so bad but I knew that the light would hurt both of our eyes, so I kept the light off.

“I missed you too.” I said as I reached out to him and I found his hand and he pulled me into his chest. His arms wrapped around me and I was snuggling into his chest. I couldn’t see his lips so I began kissing around ,I found his neck and his chin and then I found his lips. He kissed me softly at first, but then the kiss got more passionate. I could tell that he missed me, and I missed him.

“ Go back to sleep.” Sid said as he kissed me one last time

“What if I don’t want to?” I asked in a flirty voice

His hand went sliding down my arm and down my curves and to my hips until it finally stopped at leg and before I knew it he pulled me until I was straddling his hip.
“Then I can think of something for you to do.” he said in a flirty voice as he ran his hands along the sides of my body and the my head were he gently pulled my face down so that I was kissing him. We made love that night and boy did I need that. I felt so alive when I was with Sid.

“welcome home.” I said laughing as we laid there out of breathe.

“wow I think I need to go out of town more often, just so you miss me and then you welcome me home like that.” He said laughing as he pulled me into his chest. I fell asleep in Sid’s arms, the only place I ever wanted to be.

The Next Morning

“Morning beautiful.” He said as he gently place his had on the side of my face and he ran his hand along my face and onto my lips. He traced my lips from end to end. Just feeling his finger gently touch my lips sent waives of heat trough my body. When he touched me like that I felt so loved. It wasn’t the kind of thing people did when they weren’t in love, it was the kind of tender touch that people only showed when they were truly in love. It is funny how one little action like that can have so much meaning.

“Morning Sid.” as I leaned up to kiss him. Our lips touched and we kissed for a few minutes.

“I missed you like crazy.” he said with a smile

“I missed you too. How did the trip go?” I asked

“It was good. It would have been better if I had my family with me.” He said with a smile

“ I wish we were there too.” I said

“I was thinking why don’t you come with me next week to Florida. I mean we are only there for three days, but I think the boys would like the beach and then you guys can come and see me play.” Sid said with a smile

“Yeah that’s a great idea Sid!” I said with a smile. I needed a vacation and if it meant I could spend time with my family, it was even more perfect.
I had a big announcement to tell Sid today, and I needed to find a way to tell him, I wasn’t just going to tell him. It needed to be thought out and planned. I got up to shower and got changed and went to go wake the boys up. I headed downstairs to make my boys breakfast. I made pancakes and waited for them to come down.

I sat there trying to think of a creative and fun way to tell Sidney about my news. I used to be pretty good at this, but this time I had no idea what to say or how to tell him. I suddenly thought of a great way to tell him! I just had to get out of the house and go to the store to tell him.

I sat the boys down for breakfast and told Sidney that I would be back in a little bit. I raced out the door and into the car and drove off to the store. I told the man my idea and placed an order and he told me that since I was Sidney Crosby’s wife, he could have it done in an hour. I ran to a few other stores and got a few things that I needed. I went to go pick up the first order I made and headed home.

I got home and Sidney was playing a video game with our two sons.

“Hey boys.”

“Mommy!” my two sons yelled as the got up and gave me a hug. I had to put my bags down so that I could hug them back. Sid walked over and gave me a hug.

“What’s in the bags?” Sidney asked with a funny look on his face. I didn’t normally walk into the house with two huge long bags.

“Oh nothing just a surprise.” I said with a smile

“Okay boys go sit down and close your eyes.” I said to them.

“Meet too?” Sidney asked. I nodded my head and they went to go sit down on the couch and they closed their eyes.

I grabbed four the five hockey sticks and handed everyone one. I gave Sidney the one that said “Daddy” and I gave him a tiny hockey stick that read “ We having another baby!” In case you haven’t figured it out I am pregnant. With our third child. I knew Sidney would be so happy. We always said that we wanted to have another kid and we wanted a big family. I was so happy yesterday when I found out.

I gave each of the boys a hockey stick that had “Big Bro.” on it. I couldn’t wait to see there reactions.

“You can open your eyes now.” I said to them. They all opened there eyes.

“what is this?” Sid asked looking down at the hockey sticks

“Read it.” I said with a smile

He read it out loud. “Were having a baby!?!” he said jumping up and running over to me and picking me up. I just nodded and he kissed me, it almost felt like an attack. That thought just made me laugh.

My two sons just sat there. I don’t really think they knew what was going on.

“Boy’s mommy and I are going to have a baby, and that means that you are going to be big brothers!" Sid said with a huge smile on his face.

They just started clapping and smiling. I went over to give them hugs. I wasn’t sure if they understood about the baby, but they knew that we were happy, and that made them happy. I couldn’t believe how happy I was. Everything was perfect, I had my husband back, I had two beautiful healthy kids and I had a brand new baby on the way.