Status: If any errors are found, please let me know. Much appreciated.

Lost Lies

Chapter Thirty-Two

I lay clumsily on the sofa, one arm hanging off and the other over my eyes. The pain I felt was killing me inside and I hated it.

“Give up Winter, they betrayed you, move on,” Sarah barked.

“Usually I wouldn’t agree, but in this case, I Agree with Sarah,” Michelle seethed.

“Why is my life so . . . oomph,” I moaned.

“Oomph?” Sarah asked.

“It’s short for exciting stupid,” I barked.

“Someone’s crabby today,” Sarah muttered.

“I heard that,” I growled.

I heard Sarah wince and push her chair further away from me.

“See, you have vampires and stuff for a friend that doesn’t help,” Michelle proclaimed.

“You won’t be saying that when you’re dead missy,” Sarah hissed.

“I swear if you two don’t shut up, I will kill you myself,” I growled.

“Bu-”

“Now,” I snarled at both of them.

“Ok,” Michelle and Sarah whimpered, getting up and backing away to the door.

Michelle opened the front door, but jumped when I slammed the door shut with my mind.

“What lovely friend’s uses are,” I snarled, sitting up to face them.

“Sorry Winter, but you’re scaring me,” Sarah confessed.

“Same here, you’ve changed,” Michelle murmured loudly.

“I’m sorry I am not the same old Winter,” I spat sarcastically.

“I’m sorry Chris is trying to kill me, Casper was my brother, my mom’s an angel, my dad is Satan and I’m their offspring child. I’m sorry Alex and Danny tried to kill me, but changed their minds. I’m sorry Evangelina betrayed me and you’ve been dragged into this. I’m sorry my eyes are no longer blue and I have to wear contacts. I’m -”

“I get it,” Sarah yelled.

“You don’t though,” I bellowed.

“You, don’t have to live in hiding. You haven’t got the devil as a farther. You don’t have to sit and suffer for the rest of your life,” I choked.

“I do though. Winter, my life may be not as bad as yours, but you’re not the only one who suffers,” Sarah informed lightly.
“Look at me; I’m stuck in a timeless loop, I can’t age, I can’t have kids, I can never love like you can, because I fear I would hurt the one I love,” she sighed.

“I don’t want to live no more,” I sobbed.

“Winter, don’t say that,” Michelle whispered in a soothing tone.

“Please . . . just leave me alone,” I begged.

I curled into a ball, ignoring Michelle and Sarah, as they argued amongst there self’s. After a few moments, they left, but someone else entered.

“Go away,” I sniffled.

“Child, I was sent by your angel,” the man said.

“I don’t care if Alex sent you, Just please, leave me alone.”

“Child, I will leave when I have completed my task.”

I sat up slowly, wiping my eyes. When my vision came into focus, I saw the old man who claimed I was a ‘saint’ for loving a fallen angel, stood at the door. He will perish when he learns what I am.

“What task,” I sniffled, grabbing a tissue from the box I had beside me and whipping my nose.

“I was sent to inform you that Alex, Danny and Cara will not come looking for you, if you wish and if so, don’t do anything that could get yourself in a lot of danger.”

“Ha Danger. To hell with them. Since I met them all I was in danger,” I scoffed.

“Child, you may have been in danger, but they protected you from it. You shouldn’t be angry at them,” he chuckled softly.

“You think this is funny,” I snapped, standing up in a flash.

“You think I like being who I am, having friends who betrayed me, my own ex trying to kill me and most of the students and teachers knowing what I am involved in. Wait scrap that, the country!”

“Child, settle down, all is fixed. Your friends have put everything right.”

“Whoopi do, they swiped their memories, good for them,” I said sarcastically. “But I’m still a heart broken monster, who got betrayed by the people she loved and trusted.”

“Child, it may be so, but no matter how much you hate them, they will always love you. Child you’re blessed with true friends, if so they are creatures of the night and fallen.”

“Stop calling me Child,” I screamed, fighting the urge not to rip the man apart.

“If you wish,” the man said calmly, shuffling over to me.

“Here, take my cross, you need it more than I do,” he said, taking of his chain and handed it to me.

I hesitated a moment, before I took the chain. My anger and rage softened, eventually dying down to nothing.

I fell to my knees, my head in my hands.

“I . . . I’m so sorry, I . . . I -”

“It’s ok dear,” he crooned.

“No, it’s not ok,” I sobbed.

“I’m a monster,” I howled.

“Come now, you’re not a monster.”

“That’s an understatement,” I sniffled.

The old man patted me on the back steadily as he said, “Now, now, you are gift from god no matter who you are. Dear you’re different than your father,” he proclaimed.

I wiped my eyes and looked up at the old man, a weary smile on my lips.

“Thank you,” I crooned.

“For what?” he asked.

“For stopping me from going insane,” I smiled sadly.

“No my dear, you did. You destroyed the beast raging inside you, not me. Now I really must be going or my dear wife Margret will be wondering where I have disappeared to,” he smiled as he shuffled away to the door.

“Wait,” I said quickly, standing up clumsily.

“Yes dear?” he asked, turning to face me.

“One question?”

“Go ahead.”

“What’s your name?”

“Sorry, let me introduce myself, I’m Dean,” he smiled.

“I’m -”

Dean waved his hand in dismissal, cutting me of, as he said, “I know who you are dear, your friends told me.”

“Oh. Ok.”

“Now I really must be going, it’s getting late and cold.”

“Goodbye,” I called, as he disappeared out my door and into the snow streets, where a taxi sat waiting on the curb.

When the taxi pulled away, I collapsed onto the sofa, my head tilted to the sealing, when I realized something was missing; something that I always wore.

I glanced down at my ankle and noticed the tag was missing, from my ankle, the one which Detective Hull insisted I had.

I shrugged, pleased that it was gone and switched the TV on, flicking through the channels.

Though the house felt peaceful and quite, I felt alone, when the house phone chirped.

I picked the phone up immediately.

“Hello.”

“I’d watch your back if I was you Winter, you never know who could be watching,” Chris hissed down the phone, his voice harsh and heavy.

I spun around quickly and was reviled there was no one there.

“Chris, why are you doing this to me?” I asked steadily.

I let out a startled scream, when there was a loud knock on the door and the receiver fell from my hand.

I stared at the door, when there was another knock and then Toms voice drifted through, “Winter, are you in there, I heard something fall to the floor, are you ok?”

“Yeah, you just gave me a scare, come in,” I called, scooping up the phone and putting it back on charge.

I will be always watching Winter, Chris’s voice echoed through my head. Always.