Status: If any errors are found, please let me know. Much appreciated.

Lost Lies

Chapter Thirty-Three

Two weeks pasted by without a word or sight of Danny, Cara and . . . Alex. Every now and then Tom would stop by to see how I was doing; after I told him everything he needed to know and learned a lot about one another, for example though he may not look it, tom was actually homosexual and proud, which made me smile and happy for him.

Over the running day’s Tom and I grew more confident to talk to one another, about all our problems and our past and became quite close friends and a week later he offered me to stay at his flat with his self and his boyfriend, so I wouldn’t be alone, now that I knew who I truly was and out there I was hunted down.

Each and every day I tried to call Danny, Alex and Cara to say sorry, but each time, the voice recorded message would say that the number no longer existed, which would bring me to tears. After a week I gave up.

Tom’s boyfriend Brian was sweet and treated me like a sister he never had, but he was the tallest guy I had ever seen, at six foot ten, with curly brown hair, matching his oak brown eyes and a childish smile that always made me blush.

I was stood staring into his bathroom mirror, my hair freshly dyed black with electric blue streaks and my hair now cut to shoulder length. I changed my name to Eve Merrygold (not legally yet) and started a new identity, so no one would recognize me.

“Eve,” Tom called, banging on the bathroom door.

“Coming,” I called double checking I had all my essentials packed for my Christmas abroad.

“Taxies here,” he informed, popping his head round the door.

“Thanks, would you help me take my cases to the car please,” I asked, as I followed him out the bathroom and to the door where Brian was double checking I had everything, one last time.

“Going to miss you Eve,” Brain said sadly, pulling me into a bear hug, lifting me of the ground.

“I’m only going to Paris for two weeks,” I laughed, hugging him back.

“I’m still going to miss you,” he smiled, propping me back on the ground.

I turned to tom, who opened the car door for me, like a true gentlemen.

“Don’t forget to bring me back some photos and gifts,” Tom joked, helping me into the taxi.

“I will do,” I smiled as he shut the door.

“Enjoy your Christmas,” Brian and Tom called, as the taxi pulled away from the flat.

“Right back at you both,” I called back, waving good bye, until I could no longer see them.

“Where you of to,” the taxi driver asked.

“Manchester airport,” I said politely.

“Going on holiday for Christmas?” he asked.

“Paris for two weeks.”

“Dressed like that sweet heart, you’re going to fry out there. What are you punk, emo . . .?”

“Scene, I’m crossed between punk and Goth,” I informed.

“Ouch.”

“Thanks,” I muttered.

-:-:-:-

I sat staring out the plain window, watching the snow slowly fall mindlessly fall from the sky.

This is your captain speaking, flight from Manchester to Paris, will depart in ten minutes, the captain announced.

Beside me I felt someone sit down in the spare seat, but I continued to stare out the plain window.

“Of to Paris for Christmas then?” the guy beside me asked.

“Yeah you?” I asked.

“No, moving their permanently,” he said a bit too sadly.

“You don’t sound too happy about it. What’s wrong?” I asked kindly, turning to face him.

I froze, gripping the arm rest so hard, I nearly crushed it with my new strength.

Don’t turn around, don’t turn around, I thought, anxiously.

Alex blew of a sad sigh and bowed his head, before he turned to look at me. I was revealed when he didn’t recognize me.

“Have you ever been in love so deep, that you would do anything for that person and I mean anything?” he asked a bit too hastily.

I nodded, too afraid to speak, in case I said something that would blow my cover.

My wings burned under my skin, wanting to be released and fly far from him. The last time I let them out, I had no choice, they left me doubling over in pain and crying in agony. At first I thought it was just my back playing up, but then I remembered what Alex said the last day I saw him, ‘or feel that aching itch of your wings, dying to be set free and fly,’ that’s when I felt my skin feel as though it was tearing, like at the church, as the wings pushed its self through for the first time.

Tom and Brian had walked in on the wrong moment, just as they reached their full capacity, one pearly white right wing and one deathly black left wing. Tom and Brian both took one glance, before collapsing to the floor in amazement as I pushed myself to a weak standing, and examined my newly formed wings. Since then, I refused to let them free.

All I wanted was to be normal and being that I was, wasn’t helping.

“There was a girl, she meant everything to me,” he continued. “Her name was Winter and I became close with her, but when her boyfriend passed away, she was heartbroken and I cared for her and she fell in love with me.”

“So . . . so what happened?” I swallowed nervously.

“We had an argument and she refused to move away, because we were in a lot of trouble, but she wouldn’t have it, but that was two weeks ago,” he laughed sadly, a single tear of pain, rolling down his cheek.

“Didn’t you go looking for her?”

He shook his head, “she told me not to and I swore I wouldn’t even if it meant losing her, but also meant keeping her happy, then I would give her up.”

“Wow, you must really miss her,” I murmured sadly, turning away in guilt, biting down on my quivering lip, stopping the urge to cry.

“I bought her this,” he choked.

I turned, as he unclasped the golden necklace he bought me, the one I threw back in his face, in anger and spite.

The same words where still engraved into the locket, ‘Winter Alexandra Bloom & Alex Linguine.’

“The day I gave it her, was the day she left me,” he whispered.

“Sorry,” I said softly.

“It’s ok; it’s not your fault.”

“Alex it really is,” I admitted.

Wait . . . did I . . . did I just say his name. You idiot you said his name, my mind screamed.
His head whipped up and he stared at me, a frown creasing his forehead, when he asked “how do you know my name?”

“Ehm . . . the flight attended told me when I asked. I always like to know who I’m seated with when I am flying,” I said nervously.

Fight the urge not to rub your neck, fight it. My mind screamed at me, commanding me not to give myself away anymore, but it was too late, I began to rub the back of my neck.

You idiot, you stupid girl, he know it’s you. You can see it in his eyes; you can see him recognize you.

“W-Winter . . . is that . . . is that really you?” he stammered in shock, his hand reaching out, to brush away a stray hair from my face.

I let out a shaky sigh and nodded sadly.

“Alex, I’m so sorry, I -”

Before I could finish, Alex lent forward and pressed his lips against mine, shutting me up. His kiss was pleading and urgent, a kiss only he could create.

I was the first to pull away for air.

“I missed you Winter,” he whispered, entwining his fingers with mine. “Not a day went by without the aching pain in my heart, where you once were. I kept losing control over you not being around. Every night I would sit and howl to the moon, in utter pain and disappear. Every so often when I caught the fading sent of you around the house, I would go insane and smash the place up, because I thought I would never get you back.”

“I’m sorry,” I choked, burying my face into the hollow of his neck.

“I’m so, so sorry, I never knew I meant that much to you,” I sobbed.

“Yes and always will,” he whispered, resting his head on mine, running his hand repeatedly through my hair.

“Will you take me back?” I asked my voice slightly muffled.

“You never left,” he murmured, as he brushed a light kiss on my knuckles.

This is your captain speaking, please buckle your seat belts and prepare for take-off. Thank you.

“Looks like I will be spending my Christmas with you after all,” I smiled, wiping away what was left of the tears.

“Lucky me,” he laughed, pressing a kiss lightly on my lips.

I buckled myself in and lent my head on Alex’s shoulder, our hands entwined, as the plane began to take-off.