Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

I Don't Ever Want To Let You Down

"Dad?" I called as I slowly opened the front door. It was really quiet. It put me on edge. You'd be on edge too. Normally this house is full of noise because of Bella, Sadie, and Sally. Then there is always Dad and his Xbox.

I crept slowly through the house, "Dad?" I called once more. This time my voice came out no louder than a whisper. Was he even here? He should be, I mean, I did call him to tell him that I was headed home. I walked through the nearest door, which just so happened to be the kitchen. Nobody was in there so I walked back out into the hallway and headed to the stairs. Instead of going up, I went to the basement.

I found Dad sitting on the couch watching the TV. Upon closer examination, I realized that Dad had a half-full bottle of Whiskey sitting in his hands. The TV was playing through pictures of our family. Of me growing up, Mom and Dad's wedding, sweet little pictures in between of everyone. I smiled sadly. I crept closer to him. I noticed Sadie in his lap and she waggled her tail at me.

Without turning his head around Dad whispered, "You shouldn't have come home." I dropped my purse on the floor and walked around the couch. I grabbed the bottle out of his hand and set it on the table beside the couch. I sat down beside home, and placed my head on his shoulder. We sat in complete and utter silence. The only sound that we heard was from the passing images that were on the TV as we watched the memories we'd created. I watched the moments when they would just record stupid things, Dad and Uncle Zacky playing jokes and messing about. Mine and Aleia's first meeting, that had been interesting because I hadn't been pleasant to her. My 2nd birthday, my first words, first steps, the first time I saw my Dad played on stage.

That had been... such a memorable experience for me. Even though I was 6 the first time I'd seen them perform in front of a few thousand people, I still remembered that night clearly. I remember thinking, 'That's my Dad and Uncles' up there. That's my super duper awesome family!' I'd sat there and rocked out in my seat. I remember keeping my attention divided between Dad, Jimmy, and Uncle Brian.

I laughed as I stared at my face on the screen. My face was filled with awe.

"That had to be the best moment of my younger years." I told Dad while still laughing.

"You were so cute in your little Metallica shirt and pigtails." Dad said. God! I used to always keep my hair in pigtails. That was my style!

"It's really not my fault! Aunt Michelle is the one who always put it up like that and no one bothered to tell me how dorky I looked!" I shook my head.

"Yeah, you may have looked like a dork, but you were my cute little dork." Dad whispered. His eyes held tears in them.

"I love you Daddy." I threw my arms around him.

"I love you too. So much." He responded. "I wish you didn't come home though."

"Why?" I whispered.

"I don't want to let you down."

"Dad, you won't..."

"Meagan, things have been rough. You know this. It's just... nevermind. Even though I wished you didn't come home. I've missed you." It was only then I noticed how rough he looked. I mean, when I walked in I'd thought something was up, but now I realized he looked... off. I didn't think much about it at the time, but I'd come to regret that later. "Now all we need is your Mom." He sounded so sad, my heart gave a painful squeeze.

"She'll come around. She has to. She loves you." I promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
It may be a while before my next update. We had to put my baby, Sadie, to sleep on Christmas Eve. I'm a bit depressed right now. I hope you guys understand. I know my updating is Sporadic enough as is. Now I just have a real reason.