Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

But I Blink

Whiplash. Normally you'd hear about Emotional Whiplash-from me at least, but this time, it's very much physical.

If I ever plan on getting out of this hospital, I have to do as my physical therapist says. It's not that I hate working out, because I don't-it's just the pain that comes with working my leg passed its limit. Stretching the muscles and tendons is something that's going to be important for the recovery of my thigh.

It's going to be really painful as well. It could honestly take years.

Anyways, lets get back on topic, whiplash.

On top of my physical whiplash my family, friends even, are driving me insane with emotion. They've been so supportive the last few weeks. Elise and Bri, Kenna and Andy, my mom and dad; they're driving me batshit crazy! It's like every time I turn around there is more and more drama. I love them all to death, but can't a girl recover in peace?

Clearly that's a no.

"At least I haven't come to you about my dad and mom." Aleia says jokingly.

"Lee, if you did I would kill you." I pointed a finger at her, "And don't think I'm kidding either. I'd flat out slay your ass." I contemplated how shitty I sounded and added, "but if you really want to talk to me... I'll listen because I love you."

"You don't have to worry, Megs. I'm not coming to you with my problems. Instead, I'm here to find out when my cousin gets to finally blow this shithole." She leans forward and taps my nose, my nose crinkles up and she coos at me, "Quit being so adorable!"

I place my right hand underneath my chin, "Me? Adorable!? Never!"

~

"Okay, Meagan. If you keep up the good work, you'll be out of the hospital and back in your own bed." I grin happily, but it slides off of my face quickly with her next words, "You'll have to go to the rehabilitation center every day." I groaned in annoyance.

"Why everyday. I spend most of my time down there? At this rate, I might as well live there!" The doctor gives my leg a pointed stare.

I nod my assent. Breaking my thigh wasn't an easy task, rehabilitating it won't be as easy as a normal break.

Imagine being a kid all over again and you're learning how to walk. You see your friends and family around you, they are exaggerating their steps. Essentially, they're painting you a picture. It looks easy, so you allow them to place you on your feet. You take a step forward and the next thing you know, your face and the floor are suddenly getting to know each other.

That's what this whole experience is like. It's like I'm a kid all over again, but instead of not knowing, I do know. That's what makes it so frustrating. I know how to walk, but this stupid fucking leg is making it extremely hard!

I'm so completely beyond stressed out and I can't take it!

"You know, the more you push yourself to walk, the longer it's going to take, " the doctor paused, "Meagan, in my experience, it's best to let this run its course. And if you meet your goal before then, well that's great."

I let her words fully sink in, I took the time to process it. I would heed her advice, but I'm not going to be patient. Patience isn't my forte. Smash first, think later is more my style.

~

I have never in my life missed my bed as much as I have these last few weeks. I've always taken it and my wonderful Egyptian Cotton sheets for granted my entire life.

The second I had opened my bedroom door, I'd greeted my bed like a soldier would greet his war buddy after a decade of being apart. Having been in a hospital bed for so long, I'd forgotten what it felt like to be comfortable. My bed brought the kind of support to my back and legs in a way that was almost sensual.

"You look like you're having an orgasm." I cracked one eye open and glared fiercely at Jimmy. I chose to not respond.

Sitting up, I bent down to carefully peel off my old pair of converses that Mom had brought for me to wear on the way home and promptly chucked them across the room without a second thought.

I maneuvered around slowly so I wouldn't jostle my leg so much and pulled the covers up to my chin. I moaned in relief at how comfortable I felt.

"Ha, should I leave you and the bed alone for a while."

"No, Jimmy," I replied, a grin on my face that was so disdain it made Professor Snape proud, "I've just missed my bed. Hospital beds are incredibly uncomfortable, okay?"

"Touche." I pat the empty space beside me and he plopped down, kicking his shoes off in the process.

Once he was set and comfy, I grabbed the controller and set it the past episodes of Arrow that I had missed. Man, I would love to be trapped on an island with Oliver and Slade. Talk about rough sex for days!

I coughed uneasily as my thoughts went to an orgy filled with Jimmy, Stephen Amell, and Manu Bennett. Jimmy tossed me a side-ways glanced and he poked my side, "you okay?"

"Yep. Just peachy. Totally wasn't thinking about an orgy-" I cut myself off and squeaked as his loud laughter filled the room.

"Oh! Oh! I should have recorded that! Brian would have a heart attack if he heard you say that, " his grin was so wide and beautiful. My stomach felt like it was in my throat and my pulse was in my ears. It was a symphony of bass drums and sledgehammers. "Who are you thinking about doing the dirty with?" He nudged me playfully.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh sure. You want to play that game with me?" He quipped back, one eyebrow raised.

"Game o-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence! Jimmy had launched himself on top of me - as careful as he could be with my leg - and started tickling me.

"Come on, Sanders! Who were you thinking about?" He hollered, "Tell me! You know you want to!"

"Oh my God, Jimmy I can't-"

"Yes you can!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

In a moment of panic- because I seriously couldn't breath- I yelled, "you!"

He set back on his haunches and stared down at me, his smile slipping off of his face slowly. I instantly started to feel sick to my stomach, bile rising into the back of my throat swiftly. I breathed in sharply in hopes that it would quell the panic that was setting in at my admission.

Jimmy tilted his head to the side and the sides of his lips quirked up slightly. I tried to push him off of me so that I could make my escape, but he captured my wrists in one hand and held them above my head. My breath came in short gasps at the scenarios running wild in my head.

He leaned down until our lips were a centimeter apart and whispered, "Me?" I didn't have it in me to speak so I just nodded; my eyes darting to his lips as his tongue snaked out and brushed his bottom lip. My eyes connected with his and I was surprised to find him staring at my lips.

This could be my chance. I could have my moment with him now and blame it on the narcotics they have me on when the shit hits the fan. All I would have to do is tilt my head up slightly and - Oh!

Jimmy closed the gap between us slowly, time had seemed to slow down in those few seconds.

I can't say that I'd experienced some epiphany once our lips connected. I didn't feel any sparks, no wonderful feeling that let me know all would be right in the world. It was nothing like what you read about in books, it was completely misleading! Our lips didn't fit together like we were made for each other.

It was special though because it was Jimmy! It was Jimmy that I was kissing-that had kissed me, something that had been in my fantasies for years! And it was wonderful! Beautiful and it gave me this feeling of euphoria, though now that I think about it- that was probably the medicine.

The kiss was soft, but it had a sense of urgency underneath. Something dark and primal that had been stirring for a while- years maybe! Our teeth clashed painfully but it did nothing to deter either of us. His tongue brushed my bottom lip and I brought my hand up to tangle in his hair.

We broke apart to breath and his forehead rested against mine. I didn't dare open my eyes, I didn't move out of fear of it ruining this moment. Jimmy brought his hand up and his fingers brushed against my cheek slowly, "I'm sorry." He whispered softly. He pressed his lips to mine softly and then he was gone.