Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

Watch What You Wish For

Despite the mental preparation I was giving myself, I was nervous. I didn't want to know find out that I was the start of a family crisis or some shit like that. I doubt I was. I mean... what could I have possibly done to do that. Nothing.

At least I don't think I've done nothing.

'Okay! You can do this. Turn the fucking door handle.' I was mentally giving myself a pep talk. Ha! Because that's what I need.

I turned the door handle slowly and pushed the door open.

Uncle Brian and Uncle Zacky were sitting over in their little corner they are normally in with their guitars. Go figure. They both turned to look at me. Zacky shifted nervously and Brian's jaw tightened.

"Hey! How's my two favorite Uncle's?" My voice sounded weak. Uncle Zacky flinched as those words left my mouth.

"Hey kiddo." Uncle Zacky mumbled. Uncle Brian inclined his head towards me.

I shuffled into the room and glanced at the familiar surroundings. It wasn't a very bright room, it was covered in band posters and trophies that the band had won in their Fame. To say I wasn't proud of them would be a lie. I was extremely proud. They were my family.

"Can I talk to you for a few?" I mumbled under my breath. I wasn't entirely to sure they heard me because it was quite for a few minuscule seconds.

"Of course. What's up?" Uncle Brian asked me. Uncle Zacky attempted to give me an encouraging smile.

How is exactly was I supposed to go about this?

"Why is everyone acting so strange?" That will do. Uncle Zacky exhaled sharply.

"What do you mean?" Uncle Zacky asked.

"I think you know exactly what I mean. Uncle Johnny told me I should talk to you or Dad. I've no idea where the fuck Dad is. So... I came to you." I addressed them both but stared directly at Uncle Brian.

"Language." Uncle Brian admonished.

"Who gives a fuck about language!" I shouted. I was suddenly very angry. I have no idea when the rage came from and when it replaced my confusion. But it was here with a vengeance.

Uncle Brian tiredly rubbed his forehead. "Look Meagan, I don't think Zack or I are the ones to talk to. Try Michelle..."

"I already asked her. She told me nothing." I interrupted. "So you are going to talk or you are going to have a very unhappy niece to deal with." I hissed. "I don't exactly enjoy getting the cold shoulder from you." I pointed to Uncle Zacky. "I sure as hell don't enjoy getting chewed out by my Mom and Dad every other fucking day. And the only person that I want to talk to, Dad won't let me around." I glared at them both. "So start talking."

"Zacky... you want to give me a few with her?" He nodded. He high-tailed it out of the room. Uncle Brian motioned for me to sit. I did and stared pointedly at him.

"Well..." I motioned with my hands for him to go on. He sighed in frustration and leaned forward.

"Look. I can't tell you what's up with Matt and Val. That's not my place. The guys are just nervous around you because of what's happened. Me... not so much."

What did he mean by what had happened? Was everything okay?

"What do you mean?" I gulped.

"Can't tell you. I'm sure Val will talk to you soon about it."

"I meant with you." I decided to take another approach.

"Oh." He glanced away. He looked thoughtful before he turned to look at me again. "Is there anything that I should know Meagan?" I felt my anger spike.

"What the fuck does that mean?!" He motioned with his hands for me to lower my voice.

"Calm the fuck down Meagan." He stated. His voice was filled with agitation. "I mean about Jimmy. Is there anything you want to tell me about Jimmy?" His voice was stern.

I stared at him in alarm. He couldn't possibly know.

'Did McKenna tell him to get back at me for ratting her out?'

"No." I looked away from him quickly.

"I heard you." I looked at him in confusion. "That day in the kitchen. You said that you loved him."

"I always say that Uncle Brian."

"That's not the way you meant it Meagan. Quit fucking playing games."

I could feel a lump forming in the back of my throat. I didn't want to get in trouble for being in love! I don't care if it's Jimmy or if it was fucking Brian himself. That's not something you want to get yelled at for. My eyes were beginning to grow misty. He could tell this. His expression didn't waver.

"I'm sorry..." My voice was barely a whisper. "I didn't mean to." I didn't stay to hear his response. I took off up the stairs with tears streaming down my face. Uncle Zacky stood by the foot of the stairs at the top.

"Hey! Are you okay?" He asked alarmed. I didn't answer just pushed past him. "Brian did you fucking tell her?!" He shouted. I rushed out the door and ran to my car.

I could hear Uncle Zacky calling my name along with Aunt Michelle. Brian stood in the doorway. His face was expressionless so I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

The second I had the door closed I was out of the driveway and racing down the road.

The drive back to my house was quick. It was quiet and the only sound you could hear was my crying. I sniffled here and there.

When I pulled up to my house I groaned in annoyance. I was getting away from Brian only to come home to Mom and Dad. Uncle Johnny's car was gone so he wouldn't be there for me. I was going to need someone. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent a text to Jimmy.

'Can you please come over? ~Meagan'

I didn't wait for the reply. I just shoved the phone back in my purse and rushed inside.

When I got in Mom and Dad were waiting for me in the entryway.

"We need to talk." Those were the first words out of my Dad's mouth.

"Can it wait?" I whispered and sniffled.

"No."

~

Once everyone was in the living room and seated, my mother spoke, "Sweetheart, I know things have been rough these past few weeks,"

"That's a fucking understatement."

"Watch your fucking mouth." I snorted at my Dad. Yeah, you watch your fucking mouth.

"I wish you would just get to the point." I muttered.

Mom continued like she hadn't just been interrupted, "I want you to know that it isn't your fault. Your Dad and I learned some news when I went to the Doctor's a few weeks ago." I stared up at my mom with a sudden fear in my mind.

"Are you okay?" I whispered. She smiled sadly at me.

"I'm fine sweetheart but... I'm pregnant." She paused and tears filled her eyes.

Why was she crying? Shouldn't she be happy?

"Mom..."

"Your Mom lost the baby Meagan." My Dad's broken voice filled the room.

I stopped breathing. I just learned that my Mom was pregnant and then I learned that she lost it.

"Brian also told me some interesting news." I didn't listen to anything else. I rushed out of the room and was halfway up the stairs when the door opened and Jimmy entered the house.

I rushed back down the stairs and ran into his arms.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." He whispered.

But it wasn't going to be okay. Even if I did feel safe in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
So despite the fact that I said this book would be a happy ending, which it will, my main character is going to have a rough time. This chapter is just the beginning of that. I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Please. :)