Four Walls

six

Casper


Still too fucking early! Eight in the morning. Would you like me to bend over so you can fuck me in the ass as well!? I was obviously fuming mad.

You know how much daddy hates when you curse, Casper.

“Get fucking over it!” I muttered to myself. Beige walls, tilled floor with the little specs, and the heavy scent of a hospital invaded my senses. I hated this place already. I wanted to feel the kiss of cold steel against my skin, I wanted my fix of ecstasy, and I wanted to fight. Withdrawal sucks, take it from me.

What are you doing with these pills, Casper?!

I clenched my eyes shut and began to count to ten. By the number seven I was back to normal. Seven is my number, my lucky number, and the number of heaven. The place I wanted to go, but I knew I was too much of a demon to get there. I snapped out of my thoughts and approached the nurses giving out the medicine for the morning.

Prozac was among the few that I had to take. I was going to do my usual and not take them, but these nurses checked your mouth to see if you swallowed. Because c’mon, spitters are quitters. “Good morning.” The nurse greeted. Normally I would have just nodded and walked off, but I stood there.

This nurse’s greeting was so hollow! I arched an eyebrow, my scowl had disappeared, and I just walked away a few feet. I stayed near the double doors. Away from everyone else. This place is so sad. Very sad. I was about to get lost in daydreaming when I heard someone call out. “Ah!” I frowned and watched as a man made his way over to a blonde girl. Same one from yesterday, I thought. I also noticed the man had a guard trailing behind him.

I then realized that it was the man that I encountered yesterday. I watched as the two interacted, he spoke animatedly, and she seemed to be smiling a lot. Cute, I rolled my eyes. I then watched as Crane entered the area, he went straight for the man sitting next to blondie, and at some point she elbowed him.

The man followed Dr. Crane; they were both approaching the area I was standing near. I kept my face calm as the doc passed by, though I began to become a little unnerved as I noticed the man’s scars. His Glasgow smile was something of…a…wow. What a scar! I hadn’t noticed my hard staring until the man stopped in front of me. “You know toots, you could, uh, always take a picture,” he licked his lips.

“Jack, don’t bother Casper,” Dr. Crane stated. The one named Jack eyed me up and down quickly, I instantly felt uncomfortable, and he smiled.

“You don’t look like a ghost to me, toots.” He laughed.

“My fucking mom named me. Shut up!” I didn’t look at him as I said it.

“Jack!” Dr. Crane was getting a little angry. I looked up at the scarred man and gave him a smirk.

“Don’t keep him waiting Jack.” I walked off before he could say anything. I sat at an empty table, there were activities that would be done later, but for now we were getting our vitals taken, and about to eat breakfast.

▼ ▼ ▼


They actually let you do things around here! Some patients were drawing—I saw the blondie was doing that. I made myself comfortable in a chair, I had a copy of some Dean Koontz—or was it Stephen King?—novel in my hand, and I read away. I don’t really know how long I’ll be in this little hell hole, I guess I’d just have to wait and see. I mean I’m not always this calm.

The last facility couldn’t handle my violent head banging against the wall. The one before that didn’t like me too much after I attacked one of the nurse’s kid—I do not regret that one!—and there are shit-ton more stories like that that I could share with anyone.

Tell anyone and I won’t love you anymore, is that what you want?

I bit my bottom lip. “No I don’t want that.” I began to rub my temples. No one stared at me as I did that, this was normal behavior in Arkham. Who the fuck knows what normal is anymore?

I must have spent hours sitting there staring off into space. Someone’s shadow suddenly fell over me, I looked up, and sure enough I found myself drowning in electric blue eyes. “Miss Casper, you have an appointment with me today,” he did not smile. He was all business.

“I wasn’t aware of this; don’t I get some kind of card?”

“Mumble, mumble, card? What did you say?”

“Lead the way bird-boy!” I elevated my voice a little. He didn’t crack a smile, he didn’t reprimand me for calling him bird-boy, and I was hoping for some kind of reaction. I didn’t want to bring out the big guns yet. He led me down a few hallways, and that’s when I finally understood how Arkham worked. There were three levels. The ones that needed little to no security, the ones that needed some moderate security and then there were the ones that needed to stay locked in all the time.

There was one man that they were holding, a man named Bane. Apparently he was a terrorist and a really smart one at that.

Crane’s office was so…dull. Then again he wasn’t the kind of man that would spew out rainbows. I was starting to think that he was gay. “How are you feeling today Casper?”

“Like a box of roses,” I responded.

“You’re mumbling again. Why do you do that?”

Don’t ever raise your voice at me again, Casper!

I flinched as the memory of his belt flashed through my mind.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. Crane chuckled dryly. He began to remove his glasses. Have I mentioned he has gorgeous eyes?

“I know why. Your father used to beat the living shit out of you, didn’t he?” My heart beat began to race.

“Shut up,”

“Hot pokers? Belts? His fists even? Such a miracle that you kept your pretty face,” I felt my nails biting into my palm.

“Yeah, I suppose,” I said through gritted teeth.

“How does a Spanish girl have gre—”

He didn’t finish his question, I lunged, and I let out an animalistic growl. Green eyes. Brown eyes.

Those eyes are not eyes of mine, Casper!

Brown eyes. Green eyes are a fucking curse! I had my hands wrapped around his throat, his back was against his chair, and I was on his desk. I let my nails dig into his neck as well, he was choking, and then suddenly I was pulled off of him. Harshly.

“Sedate her!” I heard Crane coughing. I did the only thing one could do in that situation.

“Fuck you bird-boy!” I hollered.

You think these are the big guns I was talking about? Nope.
♠ ♠ ♠
SmilingScarlet here! Hope you liked the chapter (insert wink here). Oh Craney you've just been attacked. Haha!