Status: Active as much as I can. If someone would like to help me create a layout, that'd be great!

We Are a Team.

I Knew I Was Defeated.

Step one, inhale. Step two, exhale. Step three, inhale. Step four, exhale. Step five, inhale.

In the forest, all I could see was dark green. Dark green leaves, dark green trees, dark green grass, dark green bushes. It smelt like a spring rain storm. I could hear a few animals hiding behind the trees and bushes. The path I was running on was made entirely of dirt and cut straight through the middle of the forest. There was a cool, light breeze going by every so often.

Step six, exhale. Step seven, inhale. Step eight, exhale. Step nine, inhale. Step ten, exhale.

The path curved to the left and I followed. It led me down a hill to a more secluded area. It was nothing but a free open area full of nothing but grass and flowers. I stopped for a few minutes to catch my breath. I bent forward and took a few deep breaths. When I was able to breathe normally again, I sat down in the middle of the field and began to stretch.

It was so quiet and peaceful my mind was finally able to stop running a mile a minute. Before I knew it, it was time to head back. As I was walking along the edge of the woods, something caught my eye. It looked like red hair. As I got closer, I saw a couple more things that looked like hair.

Brown, blonde, black, and one with multicolored hair. I squatted down to get closer to the bodies. Five different women. They were all lying down on the ground, dirt covered all over their bodies, and there was dried blood on their hands. They all had defensive wounds on their bodies.

They fought back. All of their eyes were removed. It didn’t look like they’d been dead long. There were wounds on their heads and the blood looked fresh. It looked like someone picked up a rock and hit them repeatedly.

I pulled out my phone and called Hotch. After informing him what happened, I dialed 911. As I was waiting, I looked at the women again. They all were of different ethnicities. They looked nothing alike so the unsub didn’t have a type.

Within five minutes, Hotch and the team showed up followed by an ambulance. Instead of running towards the bodies, the paramedics ran towards me. They put a blanket around my shoulders and tried to take me towards the ambulance. “Get your hands off of me. I’m fine. I didn’t get hurt” I shot them all glares. “Just come with us. Take a break” one of the young medics said.

I rolled my eyes but followed. As I was sitting in the back of the ambulance, I observed my team discovering what I already knew about the bodies. I was handed a bottle of water, but didn’t drink it. “How ya doing?” Rossi asked as he got up in the ambulance and sat beside me. “I’m fine! I just found the bodies. It’s not like I died” he nodded his heads.

“I’m a big girl. I’ve seen this type of shit hundreds of times. How is this any different? I don’t need to be treated like a fucking baby!” I raised my voice a little, getting pissed off. “And don’t think I don’t see those looks they’re giving me. They look at me like I’m helpless.” “Calm down. We’re just looking out for you. We know how you are. You bottle things up and if you need to talk to someone, you won’t. You never come to Hotch and I like you should” I sighed, pushing my hair back. “I don’t need to talk anyone, Rossi. I handle these things in my own way” he raised an eyebrow. “And what way is that?” he paused, waiting for my answer. “When we get the bad guy. That’s how I handle it” he shook his head. “Sometimes that’s not good enough” I looked at him.

“I’ve been where you are. I was young once, too. I was new in the field, thought I knew everything.” “I don’t think I know everything!” I interrupted. He laughed. “Whatever you say. But anyways” he continued, going on. “I wanted to deal with things in my own way, too. But it doesn’t work. Trust me. Sometimes it’s better to talk” I nodded, my head. “Hotch and I won’t judge. And if you don’t wanna talk to us, talk to Emily. Or, if you really want, you can talk to Morgan” I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“Like that’ll ever happen” he cracked a smile. “Believe what you want, Jersey, but Morgan’s one of the good guys” I pursed my lips. I knew he was right. I knew Morgan was a good guy. “Yeah, I really don’t know why I hate him so much” of course that was a lie.

I knew why I hated him. No one else did and no one ever would. “Alright. Well now that this little love fest of ours is over, I’m ready to get over there” I casted my eyes to the woods where my team was surrounding the bodies. “Okay” he stood up first, then offered me his hand. I took it and smiled my thanks.

As we walked over to the wooded area, every pair of eyes were on me. “Jersey, what the hell were you doing down here?” Emily asked me, giving the place a look of disgust. “I run down here. It’s so peaceful. It clears my mind. Nothing like this has ever happened down here.” “Well aren’t you lucky to have found it” I raised my eyebrows at Hotch. “I’m gonna get pictures of these bodies to Garcia and see if she can identify the bodies” Rossi took out his phone and started taking pictures of the women.

My head started hurting as I thought about how much work this was going to take. We’d have to identify the bodies, set up a profile of the killer, found out if there were any more victims, interview possible suspects, and finally catch the guy. I internally groaned. We started heading back to the SUV’s that were parked by the ambulance. A few feet away, Morgan pulled me back.

“Are you okay?” I rolled my eyes. “Morgan, I’m fine. Okay? Don’t worry about me. I don’t want you to worry about me” he looked a little taken back. “Why?” I scoffed. “Are you fucking kidding me? I hate you! What don’t you get about that? Do I have to spell it out for you?” usually, when Derek and I got in our little fights, he always had a smile on his face. But this time, he didn’t.

“What the hell is your problem?” I raised my eyebrows. “I’ve never done anything to you! In fact, I’ve covered for your ass when you’ve fucked up” I scoffed. “When have I ever fucked up?” “When we’re out in the field. Which is all of the time!” I was confused. I don’t remember fucking up with Derek in the field. “You get too hot out there. You wanna take down the bad guy right away. You don’t take it slow like you should!” for once I was silent when it came to a fight between us.

“Look, I am getting sick and damn tired of this. We work together. We have to see each other almost every single day. We have to work closely together” I nodded my head. “I don’t mind covering your ass. I wanna protect you when you can’t protect yourself” I had started to calm down, but now I was getting pissed again. “I can protect myself just fine, Derek Morgan. I don’t need your help.” “Fine. But when you do need my help, I won’t help you.” “That’s fine. Because I do not need you!” it had been awhile and now Hotch and Rossi were coming over to us, to break up the fight. Hotch pulled Morgan back and Rossi pulled me back. I didn’t even realize we had gotten up in each other’s faces.

“I have had enough of you two!” Rossi yelled looking in between the two of us. “You two are so childish! You” he looked right at Derek. “Are in your thirties. You’re supposed to be more mature and in control, but you just egg her on” he then looked at me. “You’re freaking twenty four! I know you’re young, but you’re smart enough to realize you have to let go of whatever makes you hate him so much” I shook my head. “I can’t, Rossi. He’s just so damn-“ “That’s it!” Hotch yelled, cutting me off.

“I don’t care what it is. It stops now!” Derek and I looked at each other. I’d never seen Hotch or Rossi like this. Emily and Spencer were standing by the car, just watching. “Now, we are a family. We have each other’s back. You two are the best agents we have in the field” he looked between the two of us. “I can’t afford to have you two not out there. I know you two don’t see it, but you work wonderfully in the field together. I don’t get what it is, but you just somehow click in that moment” I laughed sarcastically.

There was no way Morgan and I would ever click. Hotch sent me a glare. “Alright. Since talking isn’t going to work, I guess we’ll see how action goes” I was now absolutely confused. “You two will spend every moment together” my eyebrows shot up. “Whenever you’re not sleeping, you two will be together. At headquarters, on the jet, in the field, even at your homes, you two will be together” I was completely pissed!

“Hotch, you can’t be serious!” I prayed he was joking. “I am” I started to get queasy. “Hotch, I can’t. I’ll end up killing him” he cut me a look that stopped my heart cold. “This is an order. You two will work this out. And it starts now. Move into a house together and I don’t care how long it takes” I gave Rossi a look, hoping he’d help me. “Sorry, Jersey. I agree with him” I let out a slow, long breath.

“Hotch, I promise we’ll be better. Just don’t make us do this” I noticed Morgan hadn’t said a word yet. “No. I’ve heard that too many times. How do you expect to save people when you two can’t even get along?” “Derek, come on. Help me out. I know you don’t wanna do this either” he looked at me. “Actually, I kinda do” I was shocked. “I’m tired of fighting. It’s nonstop. If it’ll help, I’ll move into your place with you or you can move into mine. I don’t care” I went to say something, but then closed my mouth. “Now, we’ll head back to headquarters and you two go get yourselves set up and we’ll meet up again in the morning” I nodded and followed them back to the cars, knowing I was defeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry! I know exactly where I'm going with this story. I don't know if I like this chapter so much. But thank you to my five subscribers and three comments. It may or may not be a couple more days till I post the next chapter.