Status: Active as much as I can. If someone would like to help me create a layout, that'd be great!

We Are a Team.

The First Night.

The ride back to headquarters The ride back was dreadful. When Hotch said it started now, he really meant it. He made Morgan and I sit in the back next to each other. Emily also sat in the back with us where she kept trying to get me to tell her what Hotch and Rossi said to us. But every time I’d get a sour look on my face and tell her to shut up.

“So I’m gonna grab a couple things from my desk and maybe we can get lunch and talk about where we’re gonna live” we were back at the BAU now. Derek and I were standing outside by the SUV. Everyone else had gone inside. I nodded at him, dreading just even going to lunch with him, let alone living with the man. I followed him inside, where we both went to our separate desks.

We both had barely been sitting for two minutes when Garcia swarmed to him and Emily to me. “Tell me what’s going on” I shook my head. “It makes me sick just thinking about it. How can I even say it?” I looked to Morgan where he and Garcia were busily talking. “Is it that bad?” I ran my hands through my hair. “Oh, yeah.” “Did he fire you?” I gave her an are you serious look?

“You’re right. Well then what is it?” she looked over to Derek. “Hotch and Rossi wouldn’t tell me. They’re too...secretive” she gave me a weird face. I laughed a little. “Morgan! This is insane! How can you agree to something like this?” Garcia stormed away from his desk. He had obviously told her.

She changed her direction and came at me and Emily. “This is your fault!” she yelled at me. I didn’t care about what she was saying. Her words never affected me. “What are you talking about, Garcia?” Emily asked, worried.

“What, she hasn’t told you?” she glared at me. “No.” “Her and Morgan have to live together now” her jaw dropped a little. “And spend every moment together” her jaw dropped all the way. “Starting now” shock was written all over her face. “For how long?” Emily looked at me.

I shrugged, leaning back in my chair. “As long as it takes for him and I to stop fighting. I’m not happy about it, but Hotch and Rossi gave us an order.” “What happens when he gets on your nerves?” Emily asked. “Beat the shit out of him” Garcia gasped. “You will not hurt Derek!” she wagged a finger in my face. “Penelope” Morgan called her over from his desk.

She gave me a glare before heading over to him where he sat with his arms crossed and an intense look on his face. “So really how do you feel about this?” I gave her an evil look. “I’d rather live with Doyle” she rolled her eyes but laughed anyways. “You say that now…but I’d rather cuddle up to that body every night” I made a disgusted face and she giggled. “I’d rather have the accent” I then felt another presence at my desk.

I looked to the right and there was Morgan. “You ready, Jersey?” Emily had a smug look on her face. “Off to paradise, you two?” she wiggled her eyebrows at us. “Lunch” he answered. “Have fun. Jersey, call me when you two get settled” she was so enjoying this.

I flipped her off as we walked out. “So where do you wanna go to lunch?” we were outside now, heading to our cars. “I don’t care. You can pick” he nodded. Our cars were parked next to each other. “Follow me” he got in his black Honda Civic.

I got in my orange Eclipse and followed him out of the parking lot. We got on the interstate and within five minutes, we were at a small Mexican restaurant. We parked side by side and headed inside. We got a table for two outside on the deck. “This place has the best queso dip” he said with a smile on his face.

He looked pretty damn excited. I just nodded and sipped my drink. “Is something wrong?” he took a spoonful of the dip and plate it on his face. “No, I’m fine” he took a chip and ate it with the dip. “So who’s moving in with who?” he continued to make conversation while I wanted the quiet.

“I guess it depends on whose place is bigger” he nodded and continued to eat. “How big is your place?” I asked him. “It’s a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment” that would not work. If we moved into his place, that meant we’d either be sharing a bed or I’d be sleeping on the couch. “What about yours?” “It’s bigger than yours” he took another bite.

“Guess we found out where we’re living” he smiled that big ass smile of his. “I have an extra room. You can sleep there” he nodded then the waiter came and took our order. “Are you not hungry?” he asked after hearing my order. “Not really” fifteen minutes later, he brought us our food. Derek had ordered two tacos and an enchilada.

I just got one enchilada. “So are you gonna make me breakfast every morning?” I nearly choked on my food. “Excuse me?” he raised an eyebrow. “Well, we’ll be living together.” “So? Doesn’t mean I have to make you breakfast.” “Can I finish?” I took a bite of the food and rolled my eyes. “We’ll be acting as husband and wife. Wives cook their husband’s meals everyday” I smirked.

“Well sweetie, you’re a big boy. You don’t need me” he matched my smirk. “I need you more than you know, baby” he paused. “And you need me” I threw my napkin down on the table. “Not likely” I scooted my chair back and walked away. Let him pay for my food for all I care.

I sat in my car for a little bit, not knowing whether to go home or wait for him. I had my head rested on the steering wheel when there was a knock on the window. I glared at Morgan but rolled down the window to let him talk. “Sorry. It was a joke” he gave a small smile. “Yeah. Okay.” “Forgive me?” “Sure” his smile got bigger.

“Great! So how about you follow me to my place and we grab a few things just for tonight?” I let out a long, slow breath. He just stood there staring, smiling at me. I just slipped on my sunglasses and started up my car. His smile never left his face as he walked over to his car. We exited the parking lot and made our way to his apartment. He packed up a couple of outfits, some hygiene stuff and the rest of the essentials.

Later that night, Morgan and I were back at my apartment. Well I guess it has to be our apartment now. We ate Chinese food while we watched TV. There wasn’t anything interesting on, so as soon as my food was gone, I headed to my bathroom. I laid out my pajamas before stepping into the shower.

I let the scalding hot water open my pores before putting the apricot facial scrub on. I used my strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner then my cherry scented body wash. Before stepping out, I dried off and out coco butter on my body. I put on red lace panties and a black sports bra. I then put on black dance shorts, a purple tank top and a pink Hollister hoodie.

I brushed the tangles out of my hair and let it air dry. After slipping into bed, I picked up a book. I was only able o read a couple of chapters before falling asleep. It was hours later in the middle of the night when I bolted up right in bed. I moved the book off my chest and got out of bed.

I put on a pair of fuzzy socks and headed to the kitchen. It was completely dark. My footsteps on the hardwood floor were the only noise to be heard. In the kitchen, I grabbed a glass from the cabinet and got some water. Turning around from the sink, I saw a dark figure sitting on one of the barstools.

My instincts took over immediately. I screamed then attacked. I threw a hard punch at their face. They stood up and I threw another one at their stomach. I went to throw my final punch when they said “Jersey!”

I had completely forgotten about Morgan. He stood there till he collapse back on the stool. “Are you okay?” a cough was his response. I went over and flicked on the light. His nose was bleeding.

There was a faint bruise on his face but other than that, he looked fine. I turned the sink back on and got a washcloth wet. I pressed it to his nose till it stopped bleeding. And that’s how my first night with Derek Morgan as my new roommate went.
♠ ♠ ♠
Occasionally, I will be taking a break from the dark chapters to write something like this. Enjoy it! :)