Status: On hiatus for now. Read my active Harry fan-fic "Craving More" Will continue with this story when I feel I'm done with Craving More.

She's Not Afraid

.02

I hummed along to the Mötley Crüe song that was blasting through the speakers on the ceiling of my work place as I tidied up the counter.

"Well, I'm off! See ya later babe!" Rachel said as she headed to the front door of the music store, from the back of the place. She was tying her long black hair into a ponytail as she headed out.

"Bye, bitch!" I called out before the door shut.

I was finally alone for the rest of the evening. I had about two more hours of work. Don't get me wrong, I love Rachel. She's like the sister I've never had. She's the first real friend I've made in the past month that I've lived in L.A. I was just the type of person that liked to be alone for awhile.

After about half an hour of my purposely awful singing to music, and more cleaning around the counter, the chime on the door rang, indicating I had a costumer. I looked up to see a guy who looked about my age with dark skin and dark hair. He had some scruff, showing he hadn't shaved in a bit.

He was beautiful. For a boy at least.

As he made his way closer, I noticed some tattoos peaking out of his red flannel shirt. He revealed a small smile. "Evening." He said with a nod. "You guys have a section with vinyl?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes. Right along that whole wall." I showed with my arms, towards the wall to my left.

"Thank you." He gave me another breath-taking smile and headed to the records.

"Just call if you need help." I said before he was out of earshot. I couldn't help but still look. He was just so good looking. I'm glad I have bangs that I can hide my eyes under. This guy must be about 5'7 or so, at least three or four inches taller than me. I noticed his accent right away as well.

I looked down to the clear counter, waiting for him to be ready to pay or just leave. Not wanting him to see I've been looking at him, I started picking at my nails. I heard him make his way over to me and saw two records in his hands.

"Is this all for you?" I asked, professionally, trying not to stumble on my words.

"Yes m'am." He said, taking out his wallet.

"That'll be $27.50, please." I gave him his total as he handed me the cash in exact change.

"Thank you again." He said, giving me another small smile.

I gave him a nod, with a small smile in return and looked at the clock on the wall behind me. "Smoke break." I said to myself, unaware that the guy was still there.

He started pulling out his own pack of cigarettes. "Mind if I join ya?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Uh..sure." I said with a smile. "You can come in the back with me." I gestured towards the back doors as I grabbed my own pack from my bag. I quickly put the 'On Break' sign on the counter before I started towards the back, pulling my cardigan on, him following right behind.

I patted my pockets with my smoke dangling in my mouth, finding my lighter. We stood in silence side by side for a couple minutes before he broke it.

"So, what's your name, love?" He asked, causing me to melt at the fact he just called me "love".

"Names Elena Gambol." I said after taking a long puff from my smoke.

"Zayn Malik." He stuck his hand out for me to shake. He sounded hesitant as he introduced himself, but I didn't question it as I shook his warm hand.

"Nice to meet you." I said. He nodded to me and we stood in silence for another minute.

"How long you been in L.A for?" I asked.

"I'm actually just here for a couple months for music. I'm from Bradford." He stated.

"Oh, nice. I'm here for music too actually." His eyes widened at the news and he nodded in acknowledgement. "I moved here from a small town in Alberta."

"That's in Canada right?" I nodded slightly. "Far from home."

"That was the goal." I said simply, looking down at the ash covering my black converse. "Far from home is just how I like it."

"I reckon you don't like where you're from."

I laughed quietly. "That's quite the understatement." I replied.

Zayn didn't push the subject any further, which I was grateful for, not wanting to reveal personal stuff about me. We both finished our smokes and we headed back inside.

"Well, good luck with the music thing, Zayn." I said, leaning on the counter.

"You as well." He took a couple more steps from his spot before turning around to face me again, hesitantly. "Uh...this may seem too forward, but... Could I get your number? Maybe we could go out sometime.." He stuttered with his words, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I said as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. I grabbed a pen from my bag, and tore out a piece of paper from a notebook. I scribbled my cellphone number on it, putting my name above it before sliding it towards him. I tucked a piece of my black hair behind my ear as he put the paper in his pocket.

"Great. I'll-uh.. I'll call you or something soon." He said and headed towards the front doors.

"Bye Zayn!" I waved, with a grin.

He gave a small wave and his body disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not long, but I wanted her &; Zayn To meet quickly! Comment/rec/subscribe!

(Her outfits in the next chapter!)